The Pokemon Thread

SirRob

1 hour ago, Sourdough said:

Sweet, a ninja looking cyborg dog thing that transforms into the Pokemegazord!

I'm guessing most people in this thread already have a 3DS, but for those who don't will this make you buy one? I am tempted, it'd be nice to trade and battle with you lovely people. Though I said that with XY and chickened out quick enough :c

I dunno. Mine's snapped in half. Kid threw it across the room when my brother let him use it. I'm not all that sure I'd buy a new one and buy a new pokemon game. I might, though. Really depends on what other pokemons are released. Zydog is pretty cute and the Rotom is a cool, cute thing. Looking pretty good right now.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

I'd play with you <3

3DS original consoles are now retailed really cheap because there are so many other updated models. They go for like, £65 new, which is about 93 dollars

This is good to know Doctor, thank you. I hope Sun and Moon don't run like turd on the original models, I'm not made of dough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sourdough said:

This is good to know Doctor, thank you. I hope Sun and Moon don't run like turd on the original models, I'm not made of dough.

The 'New 3DS' is the only one with an updated processor

And nobody is actually bothered enough to buy that so your pain will be the same as ours.

If you can spare an extra few quid though, it is worth getting a pre-owned XL system. Because the screen on the original system is so god damn tiny

3 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

The 'New 3DS' is the only one with an updated processor

And nobody is actually bothered enough to buy that so your pain will be the same as ours.

If you can spare an extra few quid though, it is worth getting a pre-owned XL system. Because the screen on the original system is so god damn tiny

I've owned the original and 2DS and some point in the past. My only criticism of the original is it's too angular, it gets really uncomfortable to use after a while. I hope prices of the New 3DS fall when Nintendo inevitably announce the Super New 3DS+.

So I don't know if anyone else has done this but there's a fan made tabletop rpg system for pokemon. I'm currently in a campaign with my friends that is just starting. The setting is a mountainous world where pokemon are considered invaders and used as tools by most of society. It has has a sort of caste system and when a kid turns 15 they are sent out to get badges to determine where they will be in the system.

There is also a ritual to consume a pokemon's essence and basically become that Pokemon and transform into them rather than summoning them. This is a practice that's frowned on and uncommon (sort of this world's version of homosexuality), so ofcourse all the players characters have done this. 

My character is from a poor family with terrible parents and sibilings who all became criminals. He hated being human and ugly and eventually took the essence's of the prized family Lucario and became that Lucario. He then made up his own name and says he's a Lucario and completely rejects his human side and stays in Lucario form all the time. 

We haven't really done much in the story since we only had one session but I may update here as we continue the Pokemon campaign.

I did a pokemon tabletop rpg game that was more like Pokémon Mystery Dungeon (so without humans (unless GM decides there are)), except you aren't a human in a Pokémon form like the game says because that never felt right. 

Was pretty great. A friend, er, person I used to know made it all, pretty much. It was calles Poketech. I'd link it, but all the links are broken nowadays and he doesn't update it so that'd be for naught. 

It's nice to see another one around. I'm sure it could be adapted to not have trainers. Wouldn't be that hard, really. I think. 

Listen, I'm a loser, I just want to be a pokerman. If I wanted to play as a human, I'd play the games themselves :v

I'll read everything tomorrow to see how possible it is. 

12 hours ago, Falaffel said:

I did a pokemon tabletop rpg game that was more like Pokémon Mystery Dungeon (so without humans (unless GM decides there are)), except you aren't a human in a Pokémon form like the game says because that never felt right. 

Was pretty great. A friend, er, person I used to know made it all, pretty much. It was calles Poketech. I'd link it, but all the links are broken nowadays and he doesn't update it so that'd be for naught. 

It's nice to see another one around. I'm sure it could be adapted to not have trainers. Wouldn't be that hard, really. I think. 

Listen, I'm a loser, I just want to be a pokerman. If I wanted to play as a human, I'd play the games themselves :v

I'll read everything tomorrow to see how possible it is. 

Yea there's a sci-fi expansion PDF where you can play as sentient pokemon. Like the the campaign i'm in uses a mix of a bunch of the books and not just the base book. like the entire party is a form of usurpers, which is a class that's in the legendaries and gods book and not the main one. Also at this point half the party kind of is playing sentient pokemon as we just walk around in our pokemon forms, one member is generally in human form while another is generally in pokemon form but illusioning that they're in human form.

1 hour ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

Yea there's a sci-fi expansion PDF where you can play as sentient pokemon. Like the the campaign i'm in uses a mix of a bunch of the books and not just the base book. like the entire party is a form of usurpers, which is a class that's in the legendaries and gods book and not the main one. Also at this point half the party kind of is playing sentient pokemon as we just walk around in our pokemon forms, one member is generally in human form while another is generally in pokemon form but illusioning that they're in human form.

Meta :v

Sounds interesting though. I now only need friends to play it with! Haha.. ha. 

1 minute ago, Battlechili said:

That new Pokemon looks like a spaceship

No he doesn't. He looks like awesome.

All other 800+ Pokemon have FAILED. If it is not named Vikavolt, it's no longer allowed to be present in video games. Burn your plushies, delete any art of the other rejects on your HDD, stop drawing whatever fanart of the others you're working on. You're done. In fact, just change the name of the new games:

Vikavolt

Version Vika and Version Volt. For Viktendo VDS

Everything else loses just because they aren't this Pokemon as it's the only one worth having now. Not MewTwo. None of the waifu Pokemon. Not Lucario or whatever other Pokemon a furry is currently fapping to. Not Zapdos, Pikachu, Metagross. Not Krookodile, Haunter, and damn sure not Litten. Not even Genesect, Giratina, or Zygarde 50%. And those I thought couldn't be topped in the Holy Fuck category.

And if you have any rebuttals to these claims, you're wrong. 

:y

• Like 2

I like the fairy guardian, that looks cool. And Vikavolt of course, I'm definitely gonna have one of those!

I do think the main series should have ended after gen 4 though. I think that's when the whole story kind of climaxed, the Pokemon lore had as well, there was literally nowhere else to go with it that wouldn't be really anticlimactic in comparison.

Don't get me wrong, I think the story in gen 5 was far more interesting than that of gen 4 (which was basically just gen 3 but on a larger scale), but I don't want to keep building up half a good team on one game only to have to redo it completely on the next game. Making a good set of competitive Pokemon takes time, even longer if you've got other stuff in your life to do before this. And it keeps needing to be done again. First on X, then on OR, and now on these. I'm really sick of it. And there really is no need to keep bringing in new Pokemon, especially when they're running low on ideas and everything's just a newer version of this one or that one.

I'm glad they kept going after gen 4 even if only so that we could be graced by N's beauty though... he alone makes it worth it.

@Alexxx-Returns

Thing is, people enjoy starting a new team from the ground up. It's part of the adventure and discovery of it all.

As for the competitive side, you can always transfer your pokemon over. Pokemon Bank is like, £4 a year, and it gives you free reign on where you take your team. The meta never changes so drastically that your old teammates become redundant.

14 hours ago, DrDingo said:

@Alexxx-Returns

Thing is, people enjoy starting a new team from the ground up. It's part of the adventure and discovery of it all.

As for the competitive side, you can always transfer your pokemon over. Pokemon Bank is like, £4 a year, and it gives you free reign on where you take your team. The meta never changes so drastically that your old teammates become redundant.

That's true, yeah. I'm glad to have Pokemon Bank to get my good 'mons across. The other problem I have with this whole thing though is it's almost impossible to complete the Pokedex unless you spend loads of time on it. Because as soon as you get close... new game, new Pokedex. God damn it. No shiny charm for me any time soon.

So anyway I'm still trying to get my good competitive 'mons together. I have a good idea for my Scrafty but I need to buy moves for her. And I can't get motivated to go back to the battle tower and earn points. And I need an item for her too. I think I had a good streak at one point but lost it and stopped.

10 minutes ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

That's true, yeah. I'm glad to have Pokemon Bank to get my good 'mons across. The other problem I have with this whole thing though is it's almost impossible to complete the Pokedex unless you spend loads of time on it. Because as soon as you get close... new game, new Pokedex. God damn it. No shiny charm for me any time soon.

So anyway I'm still trying to get my good competitive 'mons together. I have a good idea for my Scrafty but I need to buy moves for her. And I can't get motivated to go back to the battle tower and earn points. And I need an item for her too. I think I had a good streak at one point but lost it and stopped.

I have spare 200 BP.

And I do breeding service... REALLY GOOD BREEDING SERVICE :V

Oh man, I got taken out by a pretty good strategy.

So I made some stupid decisions with Mary (Froslass). I had to make a choice between 2 moves and it depended on who was fastest as to who won out, and Sceptile won out. DoomBot (Porygon-Z) had already brought it down to its focus sash. So then all I had left was Starizard, so of course I went for Flare Blitz. Fucking Sceptile used Endeavor so the recoil took out Starizard. Damn lol.

I have all of Massacre's moves now so now I just need to save up for her item! Anyone want to battle me and test out my team tomorrow?

23 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

I get this feeling people don't trust me with their pokemon :V

Raising Pokemon is fun though... arguably. In any case, you get a feeling of accomplishment from it. You obviously feel that way, so you ought to understand that a lot of others feel that way as well!

• Like 1