The Pokemon Thread

SirRob

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lopaw said:

This has kind of killed my desire to play it.

I mean, it's free so I'd give it a try anyway. Maybe your results will be different.

But I'm getting constant hitches, the occasional crash, the game refuses to full screen, and being forced to use keyboard is uncomfortable (come on even Ib, It Moves, and Undertale had XBox pad support. Pokemon Platinum in DSEmu plays with an XBox pad :L). Shockingly enough the framerate is even consistently poor. Which isn't really that big a deal, but it's really jarring. Just super unpolished.

(This game also has 3x the chatter of normal Pokemon games which already have too much chatter for me, but that's a personal gripe)

2 hours ago, XoPachi said:

Holy fuck. Pokemon Uranium is so poor. This game just chuuuuugs. I've never seen an RPGMaker game as unstable and choppy as this. 

I've had similar issues.

Pokemon Uranium is just incredibly choppy and frustrating to play as a result. Its a pain on the eyes and that makes it difficult to enjoy. Apparently a patch just came out to fix some of the game's bugs, but the choppiness is hell.

If someone were looking for a Pokemon fangame to play while waiting for Sun/Moon, I'd opt for playing Pokemon Reborn instead, as it doesn't suffer this. Maybe in later patches Uranium will be ironed out.

• Like 1

In my journey to fill the pokedex, I've gone back to SoulSilver to get another Groudon I can trade for Kyogre and a Latios I can trade for a Latias. But I have to beat Red before I can get Groudon. No big deal, I thought. I have 4 team members here, they're all level 63, I'm a bit under levelled but it should be all right.

Holy shit. There is no way. All my pokes need to get at least 10 levela on them before we can even attempt this again, and  I'm thinking about trading over my starter from Pearl.

Speaking of Pearl, did anyone else try out the tweaking glitch to get Darkrai? I did that a few years ago, it took a while to get into the void but once I was there, followed all the instructions perfectly and ended up on Darkrai's island. Restarted the game off for the final time like you're supposed to so all the graphics/etc fix themselves, and my game would do nothing but freeze up on starting the save, every time. So I had to start over, and I never got Darkrai >.<

10 hours ago, Battlechili said:

Copies of Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver used (without the box) go for $100 now, apparently.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0038MVFYC/

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0038MTE7C/

Is anyone actually buying them at that price?

I'm thinking of trying to set up a homepass to get the Eon ticket, has anyone had any success with doing this?

e. I'm really annoyed I wasn't able to transfer my Snorlax over to gen 6 because it was called Fatass. We should be able to name our Pokemon whatever we want!

1 hour ago, SirRob said:

Okay, but only because of the sparkles.

My FC is 3394-4061-9856! I think I still have yours.

Edit: Let me know when you're ready

Awesome, thanks! Ready when you are (Sorry we had electrical works going on so we had to shut the internet off for a while).

Is it okay if I evolve some Clamperls too?

10 minutes ago, SirRob said:

Yes Alexxx, use me, USE ME

Thank you so much! That's the Hoenn dex finished now ^.^

So I remember being a stupid kid playing Ruby for the first time and selling ALL the items I could when I needed money. And you got only 1 deep sea scale per game, and it never occurred to me why the price was so low for it, so I sold it anyway and was never able to get a Gorebyss. Never even able to see one >.<

The other thing I did today was train a Pickup Diggersby to like level 96 to farm sun and moon stones. I used the Blissey bases and I got my Shiftry to level 100 too

7 minutes ago, SirRob said:

Hooray!

When I was a kid I remember KOing Suicune and not restarting because I caught a Lickitung beforehand

I think I also used a Masterball on a Spearow and ruined my game because of Missingno

I think me and my brother were trying to see whose game could get the most fucked up because of Missingno..

I'm guilty of never using the masterball. It was the hardest decision to use it on Deoxys this time around JUST IN CASE

And did anyone else have a rival in gen 2 called "???" for the entire game?

9 minutes ago, Imperial Impact said:

So okay, I'm playing platinum for the very first time and this game is fucking shit. Because 

A. Too much talking, (My rival just had to show me where the statue is.)

B. Shitty rival.

C. This Region's kinda shitty. Not -as- shitty as gen III's by shitty enough.

Aside from what I just listed, This game is just boring.

That one and Black 1 were the only ones I liked.

But you want too much talking? Pokemon X and Black 2. X especially. But Platinum is pretty slow now especially during battles.

10 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

That one and Black 1 were the only ones I liked.

But you want too much talking? Pokemon X and Black 2. X especially. But Platinum is pretty slow now especially during battles.

I'm not so far in the game tho. (In the 2nd gym with a level 20 Prinplup, level 20 Luxio and a 20 Machop) So I think the talking has gone down a bit?

1 minute ago, Imperial Impact said:

I'm not so far in the game tho. (In the 2nd gym with a level 20 Prinplup, level 20 Luxio and a 20 Machop) So I think the talking has gone down a bit?

My last run of the game was in 2013 so I wouldn't be able to recall. But I figure most of it would be at the beginning. I just say keep at it and maybe you'll hit a part when things pick up...as much as I believe a game should be immediately fun.

8 hours ago, Imperial Impact said:

So okay, I'm playing platinum for the very first time and this game is fucking shit. Because 

A. Too much talking, (My rival just had to show me where the statue is.)

B. Shitty rival.

C. This Region's kinda shitty. Not -as- shitty as gen III's by shitty enough.

Aside from what I just listed, This game is just boring.

Cynthia tho

8 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

ew

Volkner? Team Galactic?

I dunno. Outside of Cynthia, my favorite thing about Diamond/Pearl/Platinum was how dangerous Team Galactic was. They were a serious threat, and they weren't cartoonish villains like how Team Magma/Aqua were since Galactic's goals made some level of sense. 

13 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

Volkner? Team Galactic?

I dunno. Outside of Cynthia, my favorite thing about Diamond/Pearl/Platinum was how dangerous Team Galactic was. They were a serious threat, and they weren't cartoonish villains like how Team Magma/Aqua were since Galactic's goals made some level of sense. 

The cartoonish villains were always way better to me. Kind of why I like the look of Team Skull.

Pokemon trying to be serious is cringey as fuck to me. I almost wanted to laugh at Black's plot and those cutscenes. I hope I never see that loser, N, again. That game was cool though besides that.

3 hours ago, Battlechili said:

Cynthia tho

RILEY THO

3 hours ago, XoPachi said:

The cartoonish villains were always way better to me. Kind of why I like the look of Team Skull.

Pokemon trying to be serious is cringey as fuck to me. I almost wanted to laugh at Black's plot and those cutscenes. I hope I never see that loser, N, again. That game was cool though besides that.

The fangirl in me is very sad now. I fell in love when I played that game.

I'm playing X again, getting together all the Pokemon I can't get on OR. I figured out that with the exception of Dialga, Cresselia and Heatran which are coming from Pearl (I could get most of these on OR but I'm saving them for when I have the shiny charm) I can get every single Pokemon I need to finish the national dex on Gen 6

Some Discord chats are funny. People whining the Popplio evo is feminine. Like the other two starter evos aren't already masculine. This weak "no girls allowed" shit furries do sometimes is hilarious. Is this the Sandlot? Lol

You can just make one an effeminate guy. Assuming its real, I figured it would be obvious that's what they were going for, a very flamboyant performer. This works for either gender perfectly. I could make a convincing boy out of that thing. That shit is EASY (and would be fun). I'd only need two hours and references of Viktor Kee poses. ;y

20 hours ago, XoPachi said:

Some Discord chats are funny. People whining the Popplio evo is feminine. Like the other two starter evos aren't already masculine. This weak "no girls allowed" shit furries do sometimes is hilarious. Is this the Sandlot? Lol

You can just make one an effeminate guy. Assuming its real, I figured it would be obvious that's what they were going for, a very flamboyant performer. This works for either gender perfectly. I could make a convincing boy out of that thing. That shit is EASY (and would be fun). I'd only need two hours and references of Viktor Kee poses. ;y

Every Pokemon should be masculine. In fact, everything that exists should be masculine. If I was a supervillain, my goal would be to turn everything into a hot guy.

• Like 1