What if you could be your 'sona in another dimension and yourself irl?

Vallium

This is a concept I've thought of before, its fun to think about.

You know how you are yourself in real life, then you go online and on a forum people know you as a dog person?

What if you could actually BE your 'sona sometimes and still live your current life.

The way I thought of this particularly is if you went to sleep and you woke up in some anthro world as your animal avatar (basically the plot of "Avatar"). Except the way I thought of it you are physical in every way except when you 'wake up' to return to your regular life, then your avatar is not asleep it just dissappears. All the people that exist there are fursonas of their real selves and not npc's or something.

Sounds like it'd be fun to meet everyone in anthro form :P except time zones would mess with that...and also its kind of a bad and silly idea in some respects.

I also considered this as some virtual reality you can access...except the problem with that is some people would never go back to real life and they'll be disillusioned forever!

I imagine so many scenarios coming from this (good or bad)

The amount of yiffing that would go on would be immense...

But seriously, I've had conversations like that with people before and you're right: While it would be incredibly cool, the amount of sadness you'd feel waking up, knowing you have to go back to the real life that you may not enjoy...No one would ever want to wake up.

Plus weak minded people might start forgetting whats real and what not and that could lead to very dangerous situations

Edited by DevilishlyHandsome49
  • Like 2

Plus weak minded people might start forgetting whats real and what not and that could lead to very dangerous situations

But at this point what's "real" would start to seem quite subjective. Especially if every external stimuli is real at this point. Being in a complete world with all the experiences and sensations of the "Waking" world.

• Like 1

The amount of yiffing that would go on would be immense...

But seriously, I've had conversations like that with people before and you're right: While it would be incredibly cool, the amount of sadness you'd feel waking up, knowing you have to go back to the real life that you may not like enjoy...No one would ever want to wake up.

I imagined the yiffing part would be quite prevalent,

yes.

I personally wouldnt be sad to have both lives, as living as a furry just seems like a dorky pastime rather than an actual life. Maybe some people would prefer that...

Edited by WolfNightV4X1
  • Like 1

But at this point what's "real" would start to seem quite subjective. Especially if every external stimuli is real at this point. Being in a complete world with all the experiences and sensations of the "Waking" world.

I've had dreams before that were "too real". I could feel, hear, see, touch, and smell like I would IRL. Sure there'd be some differences but for the most part, my dreams play out like I'm reliving a moment from my life that didn't really happen. When I do end up waking up, I'll be so exhausted cause I felt like I did a whole day's worth of activity

I've had dreams before that were "too real". I could feel, hear, see, touch, and smell like I would IRL. Sure there'd be some differences but for the most part, my dreams play out like I'm reliving a moment from my life that didn't really happen. When I do end up waking up, I'll be so exhausted cause I felt like I did a whole day's worth of activity

It takes practice to Lucid Dream.

That would be pretty cool for a bit, but I would miss having normal dreams. It's exciting to me to anticipate what's awaiting me the next time I go to sleep, and to know that that was ALWAYS waking up in some distant land as a sergal? Nah.

Sounds a little like the sort of thing you imagine doing if virtual reality became super sophisticated,.

I know that feeling all too well. Ever since I went through this HUGE turning point in my life I've been a natural lucid dreamer. Every. Single. Night. Involuntarily. 

It used to be at the point where I suffered from extreme bouts of dissociation from reality where I was truly convinced I was dreaming while actually awake. No amount of convincing would snap me out of it and it made it hard on some people around me. 

It is indeed exhausting and very taxing on the mind. 

In the other dimension. Vaer is an Arabian assassin.

This. Yes and more yes.

94e.thumb.gif.86064ae5ffab734dbd1583f04b

Edited by Vaer
  • Like 1

That would be pretty cool for a bit, but I would miss having normal dreams. It's exciting to me to anticipate what's awaiting me the next time I go to sleep, and to know that that was ALWAYS waking up in some distant land as a sergal? Nah.

Sounds a little like the sort of thing you imagine doing if virtual reality became super sophisticated,.

I figured it would be boring too, which is why in my mind I assumed it wouldnt always happen or you can voluntarily shut it off.

also really digging Mara's headcanons :P

The duality of "real" and "imagination" was the inspiration for this idea....

Pencils.thumb.gif.ae55fe6e74a9f3ce045ce2

It's a pity the artist flaked, then we had a falling-out and the piece never got beyond this initial sketch.

Well hey, its a beautiful piece simply in its sketch form. I like it! I did a little alternate reality piece once...

Well hey, its a beautiful piece simply in its sketch form. I like it! I did a little alternate reality piece once...

Thanks. On the left is the "RL" interpretation/personification of me, on the right is the "character". Each perceiving through a mirror, and pushing through to the other, shaped by yet also influencing the opposite. I thought it was great symbolism stuff and more than a bit rooted in reality. The artist really had a knack for capturing things in the sketches and I can tell you the finished, inked works were fantastic. I'd love someday to find a way to get this a bit further along the path, but for now... yeah, it's a good piece on its own.

• Like 1

Keep that lucid dreaming hand strong, and you can.

I used to be able to force myself to revisit scenarios and stuff in my dreams.
And then pick them apart and explore them further in angles I hadn't thought of before.
A bit like "hacking" them, I guess.

I'm sure you could do the same thing with a furry scenario if you learned how to.

Keep that lucid dreaming hand strong, and you can.

I used to be able to force myself to revisit scenarios and stuff in my dreams.
And then pick them apart and explore them further in angles I hadn't thought of before.
A bit like "hacking" them, I guess.

I'm sure you could do the same thing with a furry scenario if you learned how to.

x3 hehe, as fun as that sounds, not quite the same thing.

Even in non-furry scenarios, being able to connect and interact with others in dream is different, in which you both exist in the same plane and experience the same memories.

Im sure some people out there claimed that to have happened in some far-fetched anecdote, in which two people had the same dream in which they interacted with one another.

• Like 2

x3 hehe, as fun as that sounds, not quite the same thing.

Even in non-furry scenarios, being able to connect and interact with others in dream is different, in which you both exist in the same plane and experience the same memories.

Im sure some people out there claimed that to have happened in some far-fetched anecdote, in which two people had the same dream in which they interacted with one another.

Eh. I mean I got that from what you said originally. Kind of like a mix between Avatargully and Second Life.

I just wouldn't see much appeal in interacting with actual people in that kind of format, just because it seems too chaotic and hard to police. So I'd rather keep my legit interactions to the real world.

Edited by Vae

I figured it would be boring too, which is why in my mind I assumed it wouldnt always happen or you can voluntarily shut it off.

OK, fair enough, but what if you developed some sort of neurological disorder and lost the ability to turn this off? That would be scary as fuck.

Youll have to forgive me, I just woke up and I'm super tired.

well for me that would be that one dream i always have in the time when the moon is full since im a pup . not like this is already cheesy enough it always starts the same. with me as my fursonas feralform bound to some kind of chains getting kissed by another wolf on the forehead wich releases me from those shackles im bound to... after that it is always different... and it feels so real too... that we both grew up in it too doesn't help either so...*sigh* in the end it made me like to think that i got a certain connection with that other "wolf" and that somebody in reality could be it but to be honest. it is far from being likely that i really have that much off a connection to somebody in this world that i could do things with them over a dream.

It's only natural that the common person has difficulty dealing with real life, the same applies even more so to furries, so it's easy to make the connection of disconnect that furries have with the human race. So of course if given the opportunity to be your "fursona" in another dimension most would snag up the opportunity in a heartbeat. 

The duality of "real" and "imagination" was the inspiration for this idea....

Pencils.thumb.gif.ae55fe6e74a9f3ce045ce2

It's a pity the artist flaked, then we had a falling-out and the piece never got beyond this initial sketch.

That's a very cool sketch! What's the name of the artist?

It was Ashryn's work. I guess she dropped out of the fandom sometime in the early 2010 arena, I'm not entirely sure.

Aww man that sucks so bad, that's one slick style there