Kellie Gator

So today I had to bring out a letter from the post office, which was weird 'cause I thought it'd fit in my mailbox. It was from some government thing that can only be translated into english as the "Social Board".

I open the letter at home and... omfg.

OMFG

At first it was a bit scary 'cause it says I filled in "some requirements", but... the social board and the judicial council have declared THAT I'M A FUCKING WOMAN NOW AND WILL GET THE PROPER PAPERS TO PROVE IT SOON FUCK YEAH MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

YEAH YEAH YEAH, TAKE THAT IN THE ASS, PARENTS. KELLIE GATOR IS FEMALE, BABY.

I don't even have words right now, this is amazing and I'm not gonna be able to think clearly for a while. @w@

Life just got much better. <3

• Like 25

Huh, only one reply but a fuckton of likes.

Dunno how to take this but thanks to y'all. Feels like my bitching and complaining about stuff might finally have paid of. :3

Me not words well. Happy anyway. Good thing happen.

:V

Edited by Bloodshot_Eyes
Why are our communication symbols so ambiguous? Why can't we telepathically transmit thought forms?
  • Like 1

Congrats, I'm super jealous. I have no idea how to even go about getting that started here, and it'll probably be very expensive.

it usually depends on where you live but usually the first step is to file a case with the court. I looked it up and most states require SRS to change the gender marker it seems. so yeah, I guess you could say it's expensive in the grand scheme of things.

changing your name actually does cost money up front though. I at least know that.

Congrats, I'm super jealous. I have no idea how to even go about getting that started here, and it'll probably be very expensive.

I dunno how it works in the US. I haven't had surgery yet but I only had to get examined by one. Or, I'm a bit unsure, might be a state to state thing like Willow says. I dunno how to USA. D:

I always was like "Why the fuck do you need some piece of paper as confirmation for what you feel from people you don't know?".

But seeing how important this is to you and how happy you are makes me feel like an asshole.

Sorry and Congrats!

You're right and I agree with you, but this is merely about strictly legal recognition. Bureaucracy  red tape, etc. For me not to be blatantly male in my papers and personal identifications. To have the same legal protections as a woman, etc. That's why this is important.

In other news, I really should celebrate but my parents would be horrified if I told them this and I don't have a lot of pals here so I dunno what to do. :S

Edited by Kellie Gator

Congrats on your legally-recognized womanhood.

In other news, I really should celebrate but my parents would be horrified if I told them this and I don't have a lot of pals here so I dunno what to do. :S

Browse horrible vagina crafts on etsy for the shits and giggles.
Preferably while drunk.

• Like 1

Congrats Kellie, glad to see it's working out for ya.

My girlfriend did it, annoyingly tedious process from what she was telling me. I don't know how expensive it was, though it didn't sound like it was too much of a financial drain. Just a lot of forms and shit.

My driver's license depresses the fuck out of me so I really want to get it changed ASAP ;-;

Is it the photo or the name or info or what? 'cause if it's the photo I'm sure that can be taken care of.

Or, I dunno. Maybe it'll seem suspicious if you dress as a woman on the photo? idfk :S

Huh, only one reply but a fuckton of likes.

Dunno how to take this but thanks to y'all. Feels like my bitching and complaining about stuff might finally have paid of. :3

I see there are a number of replies now :3 I had to reply because i just know the feeling. Different circumstances where the gov recognised us both as the parents and we are now both on their birth certificates. So I know the feeling of getting recgonised by government - congrats onces again

I actually teared up a little. Congratulations, sincerely. I wish anyone else seeking the same the best of luck as well.

D'aww! *Squeezes*

congratulations! you've taken the steps, jumped the bullshit hurdles, and you have what is rightfully yours. i remember your posts on faf, it can't have been easy for you, fucking right on!

How far back? 'cause aside from my 1-2 year absence I was a member since 2010. And oh lord did I bitch and whine a lot there along the way, getting the diagnosis was a pain in the ass. >w<

But it's all good now.~

• Like 1

How far back? 'cause aside from my 1-2 year absence I was a member since 2010. And oh lord did I bitch and whine a lot there along the way, getting the diagnosis was a pain in the ass. >w<

But it's all good now.~

would have been around that time, 2010-12ish, if i remember correctly. still, you made 'er! :D

Edited by Wrecker