Vae Draws (Welcome to Ludwig hell)

Vae

Just anything and everything I feel like sharing.
Sketches, WIPs, fullcolor works, whatever.

May contain NSFW. But if it does, I'm putting it under a link / warning.

Leaving this post without any pictures for organization purposes. Shhh.

Shinkawa is the best. I like what you've posted so far!

The second image is my favorite, that's a really cool jacket design. (Also, that's a clever spot for a signature.)

Oh geeze, thank you!

And I actually wanna make that jacket IRL. I'm in the process of it, I just need to get vinyl to have cut in that design.
The spikes and the jacket, itself, are already there.

Just have to say I realllly like your style, it's really awesome the variety of styles you offer up.

If you ever decide to do commissions, I'm sure a lot of people will be interested!

One of my bigger issues with commissions is... how do I price the styles? Lol.
It's a double-edged sword. I'm versatile, but it also means my pricing model would have to vary, depending on style.
And then it's a matter of "I'm doing commissions! Look through my whole gallery to see what style you want!"

Not a fan of Ludwig or the Koopalings or any of that stuff, but you got a sick style, the first sketch especially is simply awesome

I'm glad you can appreciate my stupid reptile fixations without appreciating the characters. Lol. I guess that means I'm doing something right.

Also, thank you!
To both of you!

inktb1-2.thumb.png.fe0acd851a67e9c3b937d

Inktober stuff. Redesign Lud.
I broke out the pot ink and brushes for this, because I figure now's a good of time as ever.

That looks seriously good!

My favorite part is the way you created the skin pattern around the nose and the way the eye is shaded, tbh. :>

That looks seriously good!

My favorite part is the way you created the skin pattern around the nose and the way the eye is shaded, tbh. :>

Thankye!
I used to be really into like watercolor painting, before I ran out of materials. So I'm using the ink to the same basic effect.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

inktb2-2.thumb.png.016e7d3ef44a34b8adc29

Inktober 2.
Same basic thing. Bigger scale.
(This page is all warped in my sketchbook, now. It got absolutely soaked. Lol.)

Edited by Vae
  • Like 1

Ah! That's why the layering-technique felt familiar. :D
Either way, it looks fantastic when done with ink, something I haven't quite managed yet seeing as most of the inks I have aren't water-soluble. 

Thankya!
And the ink in particular I've been using is this:

21139-2024-2ww-m.thumb.jpg.b25651b9bcc9c

I forgot how much I paid for it, but I got it at Michaels forever ago. Just haven't really had a use for it until now.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ludtn34-2.thumb.png.fc94ce18a7e1b7371afa

Not for Inktober. But I did want to play around with my Prisma pens.

Edited by Vae
  • Like 1

Your inks look so dang-a-lang awesoooome

That latest ink is really well done, Vae! Such a steady hand you have, and man can I just say that you've made his thighs oh-so-fine <3

Thankye! Both of you!

And I'm actually really bad about anatomy below the waist, but I'm trying to get better. Lol.
I'm glad they don't look wtfy though.

Lud's thighs are always fine.

Edited by Vae

Your inkwash style is particularly unique and, I think, sets you apart in the traditional media. Love how you do shading and shadows with it. The digital things you posted on Sep 25th were really inspired too, Hoping you continue because DAMN that is a unique, sharp style that stands out.

• 2 months later...
On 10/12/2015 at 11:46 AM, Ginpanther said:

Your inkwash style is particularly unique and, I think, sets you apart in the traditional media. Love how you do shading and shadows with it. The digital things you posted on Sep 25th were really inspired too, Hoping you continue because DAMN that is a unique, sharp style that stands out.

Oh geeze, thankye!

Unfortunately, I didn't do much else with Inktober because wtf is consistency anyway? Lol.
But I do want to mess around with the medium more in the future.

I HAVEN'T UPDATED THIS SHIT IN FOREVER, SO TIME FOR A MASSIVE ARTDUMP.

ludclaw234-22.png.e42ccc90cc9519727d3d4b
rgvbb_LINES2.png.60d4c5305ecbb9013048950
rgvbb-2.png.558d48ef41717e41a16c19b49e10
grdtfg-222.png.6d9c0a1d1d2274a47ab8eec36grdtfg-LINE22.png.39024f61f6fcf9850d6bcd
ewrf2.thumb.png.6ddabfacf6aa5bd023e25dd1ygi-22.png.a558398f8762cb4d8f00c7dbbe6b9
dsfcf-22.png.de69ec59df3fa7e0bc1e9c426b9
edff2-22.png.41db0679a7b34ad399cd9b186daedff-22.png.bc215784c899abd5dfab297ec267
ludwhat3555-22.thumb.png.7d350a35f4b4ebb
ewrdfg-2.thumb.png.5cbfc686a57375eaec883sansani11.gif.ea38c2e0fba13d7c6b9687061c

Edited by Vae
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/9/2015 at 1:55 PM, Vae said:

-Snip snip snip-

5y6tgn-22.thumb.png.7fa8a15d1e9497a030e0

This one is my favourite. I really enjoy the design work that has gone into the character (in general not just this one picture) and its quite easy to see that a good amount of thought has been put into to it such that when I see it, it is like "that is Vaes character" which I appreciate SO much. Keep up the great work =D

• Like 1