Broke mah hand, wooooooo.

Crunchy

Got it slammed in my car door and the large knuckle on my pinky finger took the brunt of it, its only a fracture and actually doesn't hurt that much, but now I have to wear one of those metal and blue foam finger cast thingies. 

Wich is going to make art and all my work a living nightmare T_T I wish it could have been ANY other part of my body. stupid stupid Crunchy, why am I such a clutz.

Right after I finished my fucking semester and was looking forward to long days drawing, life always seems to find a way to say fuck you, BITCH!

well that's all, short and sweet rant that took me like 10 minutes to type with this thing on >_>

I request you regale me stories of your injuries, yes, that will make it alll bettter :D

Ouch

I'm thankful that I haven't had too many injuries (although that's probably an indication of how boring I am), but a week and a half ago, I rolled my ankle pretty badly during a gymnastics session with my friend, and my foot has been screwed up since. Still hurts to the touch, and walking is not very comfortable. I miss my nightly walks. :c

1 hour ago, Crunchy said:

Got it slammed in my car door and the large knuckle on my pinky finger took the brunt of it, its only a fracture and actually doesn't hurt that much, but now I have to wear one of those metal and blue foam finger cast thingies. 

Wich is going to make art and all my work a living nightmare T_T I wish it could have been ANY other part of my body. stupid stupid Crunchy, why am I such a clutz.

Right after I finished my fucking semester and was looking forward to long days drawing, life always seems to find a way to say fuck you, BITCH!

well that's all, short and sweet rant that took me like 10 minutes to type with this thing on >_>

I request you regale me stories of your injuries, yes, that will make it alll bettter :D

How did you slam the car door on your own hand? 

You'd need one hand to slam the door. So the other hand was in the door? 

Just now, #00Buck said:

How did you slam the car door on your own hand? 

You'd need one hand to slam the door. So the other hand was in the door? 

I was, like an idiot, closing the door with the outer edge of it instead of using the handle like a normal human being and it closed on me :V But you're right I only used one hand to perform this graceful feat.

1 minute ago, Crunchy said:

I was, like an idiot, closing the door with the outer edge of it instead of using the handle like a normal human being and it closed on me :V But you're right I only used one hand to perform this graceful feat.

Was this a power operated mini van door? It closed by itself on your hand? This I can sort of understand. 

Or did you literally use your other hand to slam the door on your other hand? This seems insane. How could you not know your other hand was in the door?

9 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Was this a power operated mini van door? It closed by itself on your hand? This I can sort of understand. 

Or did you literally use your other hand to slam the door on your other hand? This seems insane. How could you not know your other hand was in the door?

I don't understand how you are not able to grasp the concept there was only one hand involved here.

• Like 1

Just now, Crunchy said:

I don't understand how you are not able to grasp the concept there was only one hand involved here.

Because your writing isn't very descriptive. 

So you were holding the door with one hand with your fingers curled inside the door.

Then you closed it on you fingers?

That's hilarious. Were you drunk at the time? 

5 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Because your writing isn't very descriptive. 

So you were holding the door with one hand with your fingers curled inside the door.

Then you closed it on you fingers?

That's hilarious. Were you drunk at the time? 

YEAH you're getting it! 

No, not drunk, I'm not surprised I managed it though, I have a terrible history with hurting myself as a result of my own stupidity.

10 minutes ago, Cingal said:

Right or left?

Anyway, as for myself. Never broke a bone or suffered any kind of lasting injury.

Lucky me, I suppose!

righto

Edited by Crunchy

1 minute ago, Crunchy said:

YEAH you're getting it! 

No, not drunk, I'm not surprised I managed it though, I have a terrible history with hurting myself as a result of my own stupidity. 

Just to be clear.

Were you standing outside the car and you closed the door on your hand?

Because I don't know anyone who closes the door by using the handle this way. They usually just push the door and it swings shut.

Or were you sitting in the driver's seat?

Just now, #00Buck said:

Just to be clear.

Were you standing outside the car and you closed the door on your hand?

Because I don't know anyone who closes the door by using the handle this way. They usually just push the door and it swings shut.

Or were you sitting in the driver's seat?

:l that would be even more impressive if I was sitting, but no I was getting out.

Just now, Crunchy said:

:l that would be even more impressive if I was sitting, but no I was getting out.

I suggest you try my method for closing car doors. 

Put the palm on your hand on the glass. 

Give the door a gentle push with your hand. 

The door swings shut by itself and you hand has no chance of getting injured. 

I only use the handle to open the door.

In fact I've never seen anyone close the door with the handle ever. Except limo drivers. 

Hope your hand is better soon. Now when you fap it will feel like a stranger is doing it. 

1 minute ago, #00Buck said:

I suggest you try my method for closing car doors. 

Put the palm on your hand on the glass. 

Give the door a gentle push with your hand. 

The door swings shut by itself and you hand has no chance of getting injured. 

I only use the handle to open the door.

In fact I've never seen anyone close the door with the handle ever. Except limo drivers. 

Hope your hand is better soon. Now when you fap it will feel like a stranger is doing it. 

now when I fap it can also feel like a cyborg is doing it depending on wich one I use.

Edited by Crunchy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, phaolfal said:

I usually use the frame beside the window to push it shut.

ive never broke anything but I did touch an electric fence at a zoo with a metal car key forgetting metal is conductive. :/

All these electric fence stories, It's really helping me feel less stupid, thank you!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Crunchy said:

All these electric fence stories, It's really helping me feel less stupid, thank you!

if you want another one i just remembered it...

so i was with the scouts back in my childhood and we went on a trip where we ended up camping on a paddock somehow. the night we came there it started to rain badly and cuz scouttents have some kind off opening in the roof it all went into it. and now to the pointe. apparently i was sliding out off the tent with my sleeping sack cuz the next morning everybody ended up searching me and... as soon as i heared them i went straight up into one of those fucking fences with my face.

good thing that shit was only on low voltage. didnt felt my face for awhile but else i was fine.

Edited by shiy0

Shit man, sorry to hear that. Get better soon, even though it sounds like an awfully stupid thing to say since it is going to take a while. Still, you get what I mean

I once had my incisive shattered diagonally in half as I got hit by a rock right on my teeth. Fractured teeth do not ''re-weld'' (for lack of better term) unlike fractured bones do, unfortunately, though I've had my teeth reconstructed with some paste of sorts so it's cool I guess

Edited by Guest

My sister did this once. She has a nice bruise on her pinky for about a month :/ 

as for me, I once came up short on a double while riding my dirt bike. Came down on my shoulder from about 15 feet up and broke my collar bone. It took about 3 months to heal completely and now my right shoulder is about an inch closer to my head than my left :P

Ouch OP, that really sucks.

I have a scar on my left foot from slipping and hitting it on a Roto-Tiller (that was so smartly placed in the hallway) blade. I shattered the elbow in my left arm during a biking accident, reconstructed with steel pins. I have scars on the same arm from second degree burns when a filter machine for a deep fryer malfunctioned. One of my left ribs is a bit odd from when I landed on the handlebars of another bike accident. I've had a broken finger (friend swung backpack at me, I tried to block it like an idiot) and broken toe as well. Done the finger slammed in car door thing too (someone else did this to me). Another scar on my poor abused left arm from being pushed into a board with nails (lost all strength in the arm for a little while, was an odd experience). I've slipped onto electric fence wire too, would happily go my whole life never feeling that again.

Edited by Clove Darkwave

The worst injury I ever received is fracturing my wrist. Even though I had it treated and it healed, it hurts like hell when I write or draw for more than a few minutes. It also tells the weather.

I got that by jumping out of a car...

The second worst is a large scar on my leg - I cut it on a bent license plate, my own license plate, which was bent because I hit a parking garage wall, on purpose.

You see, I deserve all my injuries; all of you that got hurt through no fault of your own: that just isn't fair.

On December 14, 2015 at 8:26 AM, Nova said:

Crunchy sry if that is cruel but your nickname is crunchy and you broke your hand. Ehh

But i hope your hand heals, once my foot hit an concret pot and the hit the ground and i broke of a part of the pot and my foot swell extremly that every step hurted.

In Africa!!!

You guyz need to stop being pussies and experience what it's actually like to break a bone, it's so liberating (and painful) and certainly makes you question your own mortality. I swear I have a better appreciation and outlook of life since my little "accident". 

Of cause, I have dislocated shit too but that's a story for another time.

Edited by Mr. Fox

How about getting your hand crushed under a car on a hoist. That was fun... My thumb was nearly completely cut off when that happened. Its a very disconcerting feeling when your taking off your glove and your not sure digits are  attached anymore. That and your brain sending the signal to move a part of your body and you watch as nothing happens cause the tendon was severed. Good times.

Ah, that reminds me of the time I dropped a trailer hitch on my little finger, the trailer was full of wood by the way... Did I mention the trailer was full of wood? 

Yep, ain't nothing like serious shit happening to you to remind you that you ain't immortal... Look after your body, kids.  

i've never, like, snapped anything

but my stepdad once slammed his hand down over mine and smashed up my middle finger.  i don't know if it was actually broken or just really jammed, or what.  but it's shorter and kinda hunchback-lookin' now.  i never went to a doctor because he told me they'd just yank it back into place and i was scared it would hurt more. 

1 minute ago, Gator said:

i never went to a doctor because he told me they'd just yank it back into place and i was scared it would hurt more. 

You pussy. Just wait until you're an old fuck and all of those injuries start to come back. Oh, I bet some of you didn't realize that some of your serious injuries come back when you're older.

Like I said, look after your body, kids, or else you'll regret it.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

You pussy. Just wait until you're an old fuck and all of those injuries start to come back. Oh, I bet some of you didn't realize that some of your serious injuries come back when you're older.

Like I said, look after your body, kids, or else you'll regret it.

i think i was still afraid of roller coasters back then, too.

1 minute ago, Gator said:

i think i was still afraid of roller coasters back then, too.

I bet you were afraid of clowns, too!

Just now, Ginpanther said:

sigh

Okay, fine, I'll get out my e-peen meter for the incoming flood of This Totally Happened To Me stories.

Ah, but the real question is: did it really happen?

4 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Titanium femur, ABS/Kevlar composite patella, TEENY screws in my wrist, other stuff I can't immediately recall without having to go find my fucking x-ray CD.

Oh! Advancing degenerative joint disease where my spine meets with my pelvis, and a straightened cervical lordnode. I'll likely need a brace-support for my neck later on in life and I'll probably be just about fucked from the waist down in about 15-20 years.

OK, you win.

I'd start investing in magnetic bracelets or something. I hear those mag sheets work well. too.