Pokken tournament

Nova

7 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

just here to inform you pokken is the dutch word for the smallpox and it's used as an adjective to make something bad.
"Pokkeweer" is very bad weather, for example. (it also works with Cancer; Kankerweer)

as such I read Pokken Tournament as a tournament that went horribly wrong.

I mean the pokemon game for wii u *-*

1 hour ago, willow said:

I kind of doubt I'll get it but I'm sure I'll play it at some point

Same. 

I really want to play this game, but I also have other things that I want to do first with my time. I try not to buy a game I know I will want to binge play nonstop unless I have open availability for it. 

Just now, Ieono said:

Same. 

I really want to play this game, but I also have other things that I want to do first with my time. I try not to buy a game I know I will want to binge play nonstop unless I have open availability for it. 

my problem is that I don't have a Wii U but I know one of my friends will more than likely get this game and make me play it lol

4 minutes ago, willow said:

my problem is that I don't have a Wii U but I know one of my friends will more than likely get this game and make me play it lol

That works best.

I used to have a roommate who had a Wii U, would buy all the games, and invite me to play them with him if we could. *sigh* Such good times. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun for you guys. 

Got it pre-ordered. I am a fan of fighting games, so I am excited for this. I plan on maining Blaziken with Charizard on the side, though all of the Pokemon look fun to use so I'll be sure to spend time with all of them.

I don't know what to expect from the game. I've been avoiding spoilers and gameplay videos of any type.

I would get this, but I'm the only one in the house who likes/knows what Pokémon is and I don't feel like explaining it and I'd probably never play it anyway.

From the trailers I've seen, Lucario looks frickn awesome, but I was quite disappointed at Braixens design. I love Braixen, but it just doesn't look good the way they modeled it imo... Maybe they should have used Delphox instead.

Just fucking give me Star Fox Zero already

8 minutes ago, SirRob said:

Oh muh guh, that was like the funnest fun that ever fun, good games! I didn't think you'd be a Machamp person!

I tried out a few of them and he's the one who I ended up liking. What can I say? So I'm gonna stick with 4 arms for the time being.

You can turn Nia's voice off.

Online is soooo much better than Smash Bros. With ranked matches, you can only fight one match with someone no matter what, so your opponent really doesn't have the time to be taunting you or being rude, and vice versa. With friendly matches, I see it as actually practicing WITH the other player, rather than against them. It's nice.

Of course my thoughts will probably change once I get out of the rookie garbage ranks

Edited by SirRob

Okay, I'm starting to get a little miffed at the number of people leaving after one match in friendlies. What, am I not good enough for them? I'm sure if they were playing someone worth their time, they'd stay for more than one match.

Nope, no one is staying whether it's a good match or a blowout in either way. I think it's a result of the W/L ratio being displayed. People who lose want to fight someone worse and people who win wan to take their win home with them and not risk a comeback. 

3 hours ago, SirRob said:

Okay, I'm starting to get a little miffed at the number of people leaving after one match in friendlies. What, am I not good enough for them? I'm sure if they were playing someone worth their time, they'd stay for more than one match.

I haven't played the game, but maybe it's mostly people that recently got it and just want to test out online mode....

3 hours ago, SirRob said:

I wouldn't think too deeply into it. Lot's of people simply like a variety of people to play with and in my experience playing fighting games online most people never stick around barring a couple rare exceptions.