Rant: German history repeating itself...

Käpt'n

3 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Earth, Hitler, 1938. :)

You realise that he was referring to those that accept the ideologies of subversive elements in the media and government, right?

If you are to be fooled, you deserve your demise. Hitler was a Darwinist -- if you didn't adapt, you deserved your death, so he and his friends said.

Edited by Sir Gibby

4 minutes ago, Sir Gibby said:

You realise that he was referring to those that accept the ideologies of subversive elements in the media and government, right?

If you are to be fooled, you deserve your demise. Hitler was a Darwinist -- if you didn't adapt, you deserved your death, so he and his friends said.

Ironically in a certain sense Hitler was pretty similar to a lot of refugees. Y'know with the whole "invading other countries and attempting to force their culture on the populace" thing.

• Like 1

Just now, PastryOfApathy said:

Ironically in a certain sense Hitler was pretty similar to a lot of refugees. Y'know with the whole "invading other countries and attempting to force their culture on the populace" thing.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to raise but he DID try to force on a sort of resurrection of nordic/pagan/whatever cultures despite their eradictation by the catholics.

Goebbels stopped him though, as he thought it'd damage his popularity. Nazi Germany remained a Catholic country, but Hitler disliked it as he viewed Christian philosophy as a kind of prototype for bolshevism.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Snagged Cub said:
Just now, Sir Gibby said:

I'm not sure what point you're trying to raise but he DID try to force on a sort of resurrection of nordic/pagan/whatever cultures despite their eradictation by the catholics.

Goebbels stopped him though, as he thought it'd damage his popularity. Nazi Germany remained a Catholic country, but Hitler disliked it as he viewed Christian philosophy as a kind of prototype for bolshevism.

yeah, like fix the unemployment, unhealthy life habits and all the problems stemming from too elderly population

Let's be fair now, the Nordic Pagan Faith had a cooler story than Christianity.

2 minutes ago, Sir Gibby said:

Point I'm trying to make is that ultimately they're both assholes.

6 minutes ago, Kinharia said:

Let's be fair now, the Nordic Pagan Faith had a cooler story than Christianity.

Well their faith was the basis for Hitler's ideology.

His ideology was very darwinist, for the lack of a better word. his "master race" ideas all revolved around a desire for ascension.

“When people attempt to rebel against the iron logic of Nature, they come into conflict with the very same principles to which they owe their existence as human beings. Their actions against Nature must lead to their own downfall.”
t. Hitler

To willingly throw down your guns in the name of a utopian ideal that contradicts human nature, is to create your own downfall, according to Mr. Hitler. You will be exploited, and those that seek to exploit you will become dominant. They have no interest in your utopian ideal - only what you are giving to them.

they don't win because they're better as a culture or breed, but because you let them.

Edited by Sir Gibby
  • Like 1

Just now, Sir Gibby said:

ps you're a fucking idiot if you think that the nation that is responsible for the migrant influx is going to start fucking gassing them for laughs

you ufcking idiots if you belive this jescus fucking crist

gibby pls

your drunk...literally you are lay down a bit.

2 hours ago, Sir Gibby said:

If you are to be fooled, you deserve your demise.

To be fair, Germany -has- set a really strong precedent for gassing people for laughs after they were unable to deport a segment of the population that they determined to be undesirable.

I see there is a lot of misunderstanding about the nature of the refugee crisis and the effect it is and is going to have on Europe.  This short video helps to clear up many of those same misunderstandings and if you would like you can go to the youtube page for this video and check their sources.

To put it simply the refugees are a beleaguered and vulnerable minority that have neither the power nor motivation to attempt to tear apart Europe from the inside out as so many seem to believe.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Käpt'n said:

Today elections happened in three states in Germany. The results are... Weird. And terrifying.

There is a party from the political far right on the rise, the AfD ("Alternative for Germany"). A couple of years ago I didn't even know who they are. But apparently they were only founded in 2013.
They are essentially a bunch of racists, xenophobics and EU-critics.

Today in one state they got 23% of the votes. The refugee crisis is now putting them into the spotlight.
At the end of January their spokesperson, Frauke Petry, said that refugees who resist at the border and then try to get in should be shot. Men, women, children... Doesn't matter.

This whole situation honestly terrifies me. The Germans are not satisfied with how the crisis was handled, our current government and the EU are not capable of dealing with the crisis properly and now these people are on the rise.
During the early 20th century something very similar happened. One man took advantage of the commotion and the unsatisfied Germans. His party then slowly but surely took over.
I hope we learned our lesson and won't let that happen again...

My dear, it seems as though you brought up these concerns to the wrong kind of people. It seems that many people on this forum would gladly have been SS officers if given the opportunity...

Disgusting. 

I empathize with your situation, and I too hope that things won't get out of hand. I recently met a German man who was vacationing here, and he had similar concerns to your own. 

Edited by Ieono

5 hours ago, Sir Gibby said:

but if we didn't have multicultralism we wouldnt have curry or kebab shops

checkmate

you fucking racist

If you mix white supremacy and curry you Swas-Tika-Masala.

Tandoori master race. 

2 minutes ago, Ieono said:

My dear, it seems as though you brought up these concerns to the wrong kind of people. It seems that many people on this forum would gladly have been SS officers if given the opportunity...

Disgusting. 

Why would you be enlisted when you could be an officer? 

4 minutes ago, Derin Darkpaw said:

I see there is a lot of misunderstanding about the nature of the refugee crisis and the effect it is and is going to have on Europe.  This short video helps to clear up many of those same misunderstandings and if you would like you can go to the youtube page for this video and check their sources.

To put it simply the refugees are a beleaguered and vulnerable minority that have neither the power nor motivation to attempt to tear apart Europe from the inside out as so many seem to believe.

Vulnerable? I'd say someone who gets raped is far more vulnerable than the person doing the rape.

You can't rape someone unless you are motivated. 

As for power I've hear lots of people say rape isn't about sex it is about power. 

It seems to be tearing Europe apart already. 

So I'd say it looks like you are totally wrong. 

4 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Vulnerable? I'd say someone who gets raped is far more vulnerable than the person doing the rape.

You can't rape someone unless you are motivated. 

As for power I've hear lots of people say rape isn't about sex it is about power. 

It seems to be tearing Europe apart already. 

So I'd say it looks like you are totally wrong. 

All you have done is provide an anecdotal case of rapists among this population.  As with every population of people their will unfortunately be some people who are willing to commit terrible acts such as this.  The question we should be asking is not whether or not any of them will commit crime, but whether they are any more or less likely to commit crime then the average member of a given population.  Can you provide any evidence at all demonstrating that they are more likely to commit crime then say your average German?

Just now, Derin Darkpaw said:

All you have done is provide an anecdotal case of rapists among this population.  As with every population of people their will unfortunately be some people who are willing to commit terrible acts such as this.  The question we should be asking is not whether or not any of them will commit crime, but whether they are any more or less likely to commit crime then the average member of a given population.  Can you provide any evidence at all demonstrating that they are more likely to commit crime then say your average German?

Zero average germans raped people in the train station. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Theres this thing called the internet.

You can look up news articles and stuff. 

Yeah. Check the news. It's all there. 

Again I am not arguing that these events did not happen.  I am merely stating that the refugees are no more likely to commit crime overall then the German population.

Oh look here is that news you told me to look up.  Took me less then a minute.

http://www.dw.com/en/report-refugees-have-not-increased-crime-rate-in-germany/a-18848890

"The German Federal Office of Criminal Investigation (BKA) announced that crimes committed by refugees stood at the same level as those committed by native Germans. These findings are the result of an initial evaluation conducted by the BKA in cooperation with all federal states and commissioned by the Ministry of the Interior."

Edited by Derin Darkpaw

Again I am not arguing that these events did not happen.  I am merely stating that the refugees are no more likely to commit crime overall then the German population.

Yes. These events did happen. 100% of the people involved were refugees. None were "average germans."

Therefore they are more likely to commit crimes than the average german population. 

Get it?

• Like 1

Just now, #00Buck said:

Yes. These events did happen. 100% of the people involved were refugees. None were "average germans."

Therefore they are more likely to commit crimes than the average german population. 

Get it?

Are you deliberately ignoring what I said and the evidence I provided?

Again same article I just linked too

"The study concluded that the majority of crimes committed by refugees (67 percent) consisted of theft, robbery and fraud. Sex crimes made for less than 1 percent of all crimes committed by refugees, while homicide registered the smallest fraction at 0,1 percent."

1 minute ago, Derin Darkpaw said:

Are you deliberately ignoring what I said and the evidence I provided?

Again same article I just linked too

"The study concluded that the majority of crimes committed by refugees (67 percent) consisted of theft, robbery and fraud. Sex crimes made for less than 1 percent of all crimes committed by refugees, while homicide registered the smallest fraction at 0,1 percent."

If the refugees are committing crimes they are increasing the amount of crime taking place in the country. 

If they never showed up there would be less crime and less mass rapes. 

They are increasing crime. 

A country has a duty to protect it's citizens, if need by with military force.

People illegally crossing into the border are breaking the laws of a country and should be stopped at any cost, regardless of who they are or where they're from.

Just now, Cingal said:

A country has a duty to protect it's citizens, if need by with military force.

People illegally crossing into the border are breaking the laws of a country and should be stopped at any cost, regardless of who they are or where they're from.

In this respect 100% of refugees are criminals. 

• Like 1

Just now, #00Buck said:

In this respect 100% of refugees are criminals. 

Depends, I suppose. We have treaties in place that mean refugees can flee to the nearest safe country.

Germany is remarkably far away from the middle east.

Just now, Cingal said:

Depends, I suppose. We have treaties in place that mean refugees can flee to the nearest safe country.

Germany is remarkably far away from the middle east.

It isn't the nearest safe country. 

Also someone else said these refugees are not motivated. 

I'd say walking half way across a continent takes motivation. 

3 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

If the refugees are committing crimes they are increasing the amount of crime taking place in the country. 

If they never showed up there would be less crime and less mass rapes. 

They are increasing crime. 

Ummmmmmmmm no.  According to the argument you just made any body having babies is increasing crime and that crime is constantly on the rise world wide because the population is increasing.  While technically true there is a reason we use things like the crime rate as opposed to overall crime to determine if society is safer.  A decent understanding of statistics is important or else you end up making disingenuous arguments such as the above.

Let me try to clarify this for you.  If there are say 1000 people in a population and ten percent of them are criminals.  So out of 1000 people 100 are criminals and your chance of meeting or being the target of said criminal is ten percent.  Well lets say the population doubles to 2000.  If the percent of criminals remains the same we will end up with 200 criminals now.  Wow that is a 100 percent increase in the number of criminals and with 200 criminals now that sure sounds like a big increase.  However the chance of you or any given person being the target of a crime is unchanged.

1 minute ago, #00Buck said:

I specifically said that they weren't motivated to destroy Europe.  They just want a place to live where their lives aren't constantly in threat.

2 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

It isn't the nearest safe country. 

Dublin Regulation dictates that it is the first country they arrive in.

Typically, that's the closet one. Unless they teleport.

And yes, money is pretty motivating.

Ummmmmmmmm no.  According to the argument you just made any body having babies is increasing crime and that crime is constantly on the rise world wide because the population is increasing.  While technically true there is a reason we use things like the crime rate as opposed to overall crime to determine if society is safer.  A decent understanding of statistics is important or else you end up making disingenuous arguments such as the above.

Let me try to clarify this for you.  If there are say 1000 people in a population and ten percent of them are criminals.  So out of 1000 people 100 are criminals and your chance of meeting or being the target of said criminal is ten percent.  Well lets say the population doubles to 2000.  If the percent of criminals remains the same we will end up with 200 criminals now.  Wow that is a 100 percent increase in the number of criminals and with 200 criminals now that sure sounds like a big increase.  However the chance of you or any given person being the target of a crime is unchanged.

You are the person who is wrong. 

The even if the percentage stays the same the number of rape victims goes up. 

The percentage change of being a victim is the same but the number of victims is double. 

If you think this is okay you are a monster. 

If keeping the refugees out can stop thousands of people from being robbed, raped, and assaulted it should be done. 

You are more obsessed with stats than the well being of actual people. 

That's sad. 

1 minute ago, Derin Darkpaw said:

I specifically said that they weren't motivated to destroy Europe.  They just want a place to live where their lives aren't constantly in threat.

They were motivated to destroy Syria and that is their home country.

People conveniently forget that they started a civl war against their own people. 

If they wanted to live where their lives are not constantly in threat they would have gone to the closest safe country.

They did not do this.

The proves they have other motivations. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

You are the person who is wrong. 

The even if the percentage stays the same the number of rape victims goes up. 

The percentage change of being a victim is the same but the number of victims is double. 

If you think this is okay you are a monster. 

If keeping the refugees out can stop thousands of people from being robbed, raped, and assaulted it should be done. 

You are more obsessed with stats than the well being of actual people. 

That's sad. 

What you are asking is impossible however.  By the very same logic you are using we would need to stop everyone from having a babies ever because if we don't those babies might one day grow up to be rapists and if one of those babies grows up to be a rapists the number of rape victims would go up and according you that is not acceptable.

Also preventing refugees from entering your country wouldn't necessarily be stopping any of that crime from occurring since you know those criminals could still hurt their own population.  So even if you prevent them from coming in you haven't prevented any crime so your argument is still invalid.

Edited by Derin Darkpaw

3 minutes ago, Derin Darkpaw said:

What you are asking is impossible however.  By the very same logic you are using we would need to stop everyone from having a babies ever because if we don't those babies might one day grow up to be rapists and if one of those babies grows up to be a rapists the number of rape victims would go up and according you that is not acceptable.

This is a totally dumb argument. 

A baby can't rape anyone. The entire population of germany could have babies and it would take at least 12 years for them to be sexually mature enough to hit puberty.

There would be no increase in rapes. 

Stop making excuses for rapists. You are clearly wrong. Admit it and move on. Or do I have to post up news articles with quotes from rape victims so you can see first had the kind of terrible people you are defending. 

Edited by #00Buck

4 minutes ago, willow said:

honestly, as tragic as the situation is, I'm really over talking about the refugee crisis

Yeah but it isn't over. 

Plus it is only going to get worse.

Talking about the refugee crisis is the worst fetish ever. :P

Edited by #00Buck
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, #00Buck said:

This is a totally dumb argument. 

A baby can't rape anyone. The entire population of germany could have babies and it would take at least 12 years for them to be sexually mature enough to hit puberty.

There would be no increase in rapes. 

Stop making excuses for rapists. You are clearly wrong. Admit it and move on. Or do I have to post up news articles with quotes from rape victims so you can see first had the kind of terrible people you are defending. 

Its the argument you are making not mine.

Babies grow up into adulthood faster then people die.  So the population goes up, therefore overall crime increases, and therefore more people are raped.

Lets also look back at history to examine your argument.  You are saying that any increase in crime is unacceptable and makes a country worse.  So lets say we took all the crime that occurred in any populated geographical area now and compare that to the past.  If we did so we would almost universally see that the population goes up and the overall number of crime increases.  However very few people would say that there crime was better back in the 1600s.  Sure there was less overall crime due to a smaller population, but people would more likely to be affected by crime because the percentage of criminals would be higher.

Lets demonstrate this by showing your example in reverse and applying the logic you used to generate your argument.  Lets say there are 10,000 people in a population with again a ten percent crime rate.  So that leaves us with 1,000 criminals.  Now if we reduce that population to 5,000 without changing the crime rate we end up with only 500 criminals.  This would mean their are less victims of crime which as you stated is always desirable.  So according to your logic we should reduce the population because that will reduce crime, which will reduce the number of victims and that is always good. 

Do you understand now how such logic is untenable?

Its the argument you are making not mine.

Babies grow up into adulthood faster then people die.  So the population goes up, therefore overall crime increases, and therefore more people are raped.

Lets also look back at history to examine your argument.  You are saying that any increase in crime is unacceptable and makes a country worse.  So lets say we took all the crime that occurred in any populated geographical area now and compare that to the past.  If we did so we would almost universally see that the population goes up and the overall number of crime increases.  However very few people would say that there crime was better back in the 1600s.  Sure there was less overall crime due to a smaller population, but people would more likely to be affected by crime because the percentage of criminals would be higher.

Lets demonstrate this by showing your example in reverse and applying the logic you used to generate your argument.  Lets say there are 10,000 people in a population with again a ten percent crime rate.  So that leaves us with 1,000 criminals.  Now if we reduce that population to 5,000 without changing the crime rate we end up with only 500 criminals.  This would mean their are less victims of crime which as you stated is always desirable.  So according to your logic we should reduce the population because that will reduce crime, which will reduce the number of victims and that is always good. 

Do you understand now how such logic is untenable?

You're obsessed with percentages. 

Babies don't rape anyone. 

If everyone in germany had one next year the population of germany would double. 

Since babies can't rape anyone the rate of rape in the country would instantly drop to half. 

So your theory is crap. 

Also you are side stepping the issue of mass rape by refugees. 

If they did not come the people who got raped would be okay and not rape victims. 

Just now, #00Buck said:

Yeah but it isn't over. 

Plus it is only going to get worse.

Talking about the refugee crisis is the worst fetish ever. :P

I know. but it's gotten to a point where it's all we ever really talk about in one of my classes and honestly, after talking about it for several months prior I'm just like, it's okay to talk about other things...

also because I'm running out of stuff to say about it in German..

1 minute ago, willow said:

I know. but it's gotten to a point where it's all we ever really talk about in one of my classes and honestly, after talking about it for several months prior I'm just like, it's okay to talk about other things...

also because I'm running out of stuff to say about it in German..

What class is that? 

Just now, willow said:

German culture. we talk a lot about current events affecting Germany in this class too and I think 4 of the 5 topics we've done so far have been about refugees

Well if it's current events you can't really escape it. 

Actually you could. You could run across the school to another classroom and just sit in another class.

But what kind of person reacts that way when life gets difficult?