Leave Batman v. Superman alone!

Thundeere

I'm gonna roll the dice and go see it. It seems, from what I heard, to be a good film with pacing issues. Knowing that the Directors cut is like 3 hours long and rated 'R' it very well make that movie into something better. Much like Watchman's Directors cut did.

Bad reviews bring me back to rotten tomatoes. Fuck those assholes.

They said Drive was good... The previews made it seem like an awesome movie about a getaway driver, and rotten fuckoffatoes said it was good too... It was some schmuck that doesn't talk while a chick tries to figure him out... Fuck off...... I paid like 40 bucks for that shit.

They also said Pandorum was terrible, bastards.

I bet Batman vs Superman is awesome if those artsy fartsy review clowns think it's shit.

I agree with Kevin Smith's assessment of the movie, it checked all the boxes but it lacks a soul.  Even though the acting was fine, I didn't really connect with any of the characters.  Had they all died at the end I would have been like 'meh'.  It didn't make me excited for Justice League either.  It was a good way to kill three hours if that's what you're after.  

If you've read the comics or watched the animated shows, you know they screwed up; no one's character except superman's, matched what it's supposed to be. Wonder woman is supposed to be a tumblr feminist with limited knowledge of the world of humans, batman is supposed to be cunning and intelligent, not some angry child for the whole movie, lex Luther was supposed to be smart and cunning, not be socially awkward and strange. 

If you didn't read the comics and see the animated shows however, it was pretty good

• Like 4

I haven't seen it yet, although I probably will later since lolfreemovietickets. But I like Superman and generally think people give him too much shit, but that Lex Luthor makes me want to die.

Like I don't wanna sperg too hard since he's one of my favorite comic villains, but one of Lex's defining traits is his massive amounts of charisma (he was the fucking president at one point for christ sake). That motherfucker looks and acts like the lovechild of Micheal Cera and the Joker with brain damage like seriously what the shit is that?

I liked it..seemed to get a bit convoluted at times with pretty much every damn character having a storyline..one thing that sucked though was the music like GOD DAMN, they used hans zimmers music throughout it and then got this other twat for the rest and good lord..it wouldnt be so bad if they didnt cock tease you will hans' awesome music but i just found the climax of the movies music to be so unfitting it kinda annoyed me..but the lack of something great doesnt make the movie bad i just wished they didnt cheap out on it

I haven't seen it and probably won't unless I go for free or I get it on Redbox. 

imo what makes this movie so disappointing is the fact that the fight between Batman and Superman is something people have wanted to see for years and this movie had been hyped up for quite some time, but it just fell flat. also I heard they wasted a lot of potential with the casting or something along those lines.

though I'm sure the action scenes were cool

I was under the impression that people hated it due to Affleck. However, with all movies, I save judgement until I witness its failure or success in person. So far I've heard mixed reviews, and the loudest ones are shouting that it's a total flop and to save their money (though I was going to wait til my buddy pirates it anyway, theaters be overpriced as fuck yo). 

I'm reposting this from another thread because I'm lazy.

"So I actually went and saw it and...

...it's not that bad.

I mean sure it's kind of a disjointed clusterfuck with lines of dialogue so absurd I literally burst out laughing (THE BAT IS DEEEEADDDD!!11, DO YOU BLEED CUZ YOU WILL!!1 etc.), and sure batman spends the whole movie calling Supes a horrible mass-murderer while killing no less than like 20 people throughout the course of the movie, and yeah this version of Lex Luthor ruined every single scene he was in and literally made me shout "shut the fuck up" at one point.

But Batman and superman got to punch each other, there were some neat scenes (even if like everything else in this movie they were all complete non-sequiturs) and Affleck makes a pretty good Batman, even if the script tries really hard to prove otherwise.

Everything with Doomsday was fucking stupid though (like why does Wonder Woman have a fucking theme song holy shit lmao), and SPOILERZ they were also lazy enough to have him kill Superman for the 10th time since fuck you Snyder you fraud.

5/10 It's okay, would watch clips on YT."

I liked this Batman. You have to take his perspective on his job. If there's like 30 or something guys that are hell-bent on killing you, someone's gonna die. This was a darker Batman that I loved. There were just some situations were enemies had to be erased, not dispatched. Had there been like 15 guys, the time would've been taken to make sure attacks weren't lethal, but that was never the case. Lex Luthor was hard to watch. He had the right idea of being completely unhinged, but this was like listening to an eighth grader try to voice the Heath Ledger joker...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thundeere said:

I liked this Batman. You have to take his perspective on his job. If there's like 30 or something guys that are hell-bent on killing you, someone's gonna die. This was a darker Batman that I loved. There were just some situations were enemies had to be erased, not dispatched. Had there been like 15 guys, the time would've been taken to make sure attacks weren't lethal, but that was never the case. Lex Luthor was hard to watch. He had the right idea of being completely unhinged, but this was like listening to an eighth grader try to voice the Heath Ledger joker...

Did anyone else find it disturbing that this Batman had no hesitation in blowing cars up with a Gatling gun but avoided killing people in hand combat.  Like it's fine to kill people if you're not looking them in the eye.  Sounds like our current military policy.  

2 hours ago, Strongbob said:

Did anyone else find it disturbing that this Batman had no hesitation in blowing cars up with a Gatling gun but avoided killing people in hand combat.  Like it's fine to kill people if you're not looking them in the eye.  Sounds like our current military policy.  

It's okay they're non-lethal explosions, totally different.

• Like 2

I just watched it and I really enjoyed it. I even liked Lex.
My only complaint is that the title is wrong. We got like 5 minutes of "Batman vs. Superman" (which were great 5 minutes!) but a much more fitting title would have been "Justice League: The mandatory Prequel".

Other than that? Yeah it wasn't amazing. It was good. It was entertaining, so it gave me what I wanted.
I mean, what? Do people expect a life changing experience from a movie called "Batman v Superman" which was directed by Zack Snyder? After Man of Steel? I'm sorry, but I think you went into this with the wrong expectations :P

2 hours ago, Käpt'n said:

Other than that? Yeah it wasn't amazing. It was good. It was entertaining, so it gave me what I wanted.
I mean, what? Do people expect a life changing experience from a movie called "Batman v Superman" which was directed by Zack Snyder? After Man of Steel? I'm sorry, but I think you went into this with the wrong expectations :P

You make some pretty good points here Kap.  I'll admit that I set the bar pretty low for this movie and in that sense I was not disappointed by the film.  When you expect failure, mediocrity is a blessing.  My only peeve is that the studio spent almost HALF A BILLION DOLLARS on the film (including marketing) and created a movie that has lost 70% of it's audience in the first week.  

Forget about Batman and Superman. I just want to mention that Strongbob's link:

17 hours ago, Strongbob said:

...lost 70% of it's audience in the first week....

has the following sentence in it:

"Thus far, the movie has a global cum of $587.8 million."

I hate to ask, but how much does cum cost? I mean, it probably varies significantly depending on whether or not someone is a sperm donor, how fresh the stuff is, etc. I'm just trying to visualize $590 million worth of cum. How many Olympic-sized swimming pools it would fit into, etc.

This is a very pressing question.

-Bagel

• Like 1

BvS had great acting and awesome action sequences, but atrocious writing and editing. Eisenberg should have NOT been cast as Lex Luthor, he does not fit the part one bit. The dream sequences were too long and didn't make sense. The film is long, ultra serious, and devoid of color. Dammit, Christopher Nolan.

Also, Doomsday was an alien bioweapon that crash landed near Metropolis, not some bastard creation of Zod's remains.

And why are Metropolis and Gotham next to each other? That shit doesn't even make sense.

Other than the branding and the merciless killing, this Batman is better than the last. The new Batmobile kicks ass, and Batman doesn't obnoxiously growl.

I officially give this movie a rating of 6 out of 10. It is a shell of what could have been. 

Edited by LazerMaster5