Thanks Mods

#00Buck

The mods get a lot of criticism (including from me because of all the infractions I have gotten.)

SOTU threads are always chock full of complaints. Like super long effortpost ones. Some even from me. 

However, they do things like remove the Korean spam bots.

That kind of stuff makes the forum usable and since I don't pay to use the forum and they work on a volunteer basis I think they deserve some thanks. 

Instead of getting nothing but complaints I think they deserve a tiny bit of praise for the effort they put in. 

So thanks mods for helping the forum be a thing.

I'm still bitter about my infractions and when I become president of the forum I'll ban you all but until then I do appreciate what you do to keep the forum in a usable state. 

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Conker said:

THe mods deserve a thanks for keeping Eversleep the fuck away. They're the penicillin to that STD of a human.

I hear that name floating around time to time since, like, 2011? I haven't really participated on the forums enough to know who he is, but the dark curiosity in me wonders what this Eversleep is.

1 hour ago, Conker said:

THe mods deserve a thanks for keeping Eversleep the fuck away. They're the penicillin to that STD of a human.

11 minutes ago, Frig said:

I hear that name floating around time to time since, like, 2011? I haven't really participated on the forums enough to know who he is, but the dark curiosity in me wonders what this Eversleep is.

Ssshhh. Quit saying his name.
You'll invoke him.

He's like a curse.
Except instead of being deadly or even mildly threatening, it's like having cockroaches get in your salad. It's just kind of gross and disappointing.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Frig said:

Really? Wasn't he all over FAF in 2011 or 2012? I don't have a good sense of time but I joined the site in 2011 and I'm sure he was around quite often in that time frame. It surprises me that you wouldn't have seen one of his posts even if you weren't around much. He really did draw attention to himself.

Also I agree with the OP. I know the job isn't easy and I'm not helping. But good on you for stepping up. :P

15 hours ago, Conker said:

For someone you so adamantly want to avoid, there certainly are many folks here who find him interesting enough to bring up again and again 9_9

I've actually spoken with him plenty of times online, and aside from minor self-confidence and social issues that aren't even remotely isolated in a venue such as this, I didn't even feel there was that much about him that deviates from the norm. Most of the drama regarding him relates to trigger topics like homophobia when he ironically isn't even remotely straight. People seem to know about terms like "cognitive dissonance" but ignore them when there is some stronger force at work, such as doing the same thing everyone else does in a group, which in this case all but unanimously opposes what he said.

He isn't the only example of this, and there are some pretty shallow reasons why it happens. Monkey see monkey do :V

23 minutes ago, Ricky said:

For someone you so adamantly want to avoid, there certainly are many folks here who find him interesting enough to bring up again and again 9_9

I've actually spoken with him plenty of times online, and aside from minor self-confidence and social issues that aren't even remotely isolated in a venue such as this, I didn't even feel there was that much about him that deviates from the norm. Most of the drama regarding him relates to trigger topics like homophobia when he ironically isn't even remotely straight. People seem to know about terms like "cognitive dissonance" but ignore them when there is some stronger force at work, such as doing the same thing everyone else does in a group, which in this case all but unanimously opposes what he said.

He isn't the only example of this, and there are some pretty shallow reasons why it happens. Monkey see monkey do :V

That's like saying Jeffery Dahmer had a little problem with eating people. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ricky said:

To be honest, I always found him more amusing than sad. It's mostly just a meme at this point to be happy he is gone.

the dude has some issues, and I do hope he works them out. I don't actually wish him any ill will.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rhíulchabán said:

Praise be the Mod-Gods, we humbly bow before them and prepare this mighty sacrifice to appease their eternal hunger...

*ties up 00Buck*

TAKE THIS SACRIFICE OH GOD-MODS, AND SO PROTECT US FOR ANOTHER YEAR AND FORESTALL YOUR ANGRY VENGEANCE, WE ARE BUT YOUR POOR FOLLOWERS!

Is this the so called "yiffing" everyone talks about?