Stop Killing Trees >:[

Toshabi

Fuck you credit card companies and fuck you loan companies for flooding my inbox every day with your up-the-ass APR credit cards and Platinum Tier Reward membership plan offers with shitty rewards. If I ever felt like committing financial suicide while feeling like I was striving for something worthwhile, I'd invest in bitcoin, not your shitty "spend $40,000 and we'll give you a new coffee maker that literally brews my jizz into your morning "fuck you" brew:3" bitch ass, punk ass card. And of course its up to ME to shred and burn your whore letters on the off chance that someone wants to play the identity theft game and open a card in my name. I swear to god, I'm going to save all these letters you zend me some day, march down to your facility and anal rape each and every employee you got there with a piece of mail you send me to simulate the financial anal rape you're forcing into my inbox every day which is purely meant for Toshabi fan mail. Yes they deserve to die, and I hope they burn in hell, you miserable kurds! Fuck you!

• Like 2

NEVER! *Chucks another grenade into the forest while lighting his flamethrower-chainsaw*

But here's something you *can* do: mailback blank (or horribly vandalized) forms using their pre-paid envelope. IIRC, they get charged for the return trip and still won't get anything out of it.

While I agree with your general sentiment here Toshabi, under the current economic model and with the domination of electronic communication, were it not for all that junk mail the USPS would probably be out of business by now.  I hate junk mail as much as anyone else, but if it weren't for junk mail we'd all be paying a lot more for stamps or may not even have federal postal services at all, so be careful what you wish for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Strongbob said:

While I agree with your general sentiment here Toshabi, under the current economic model and with the domination of electronic communication, were it not for all that junk mail the USPS would probably be out of business by now.  I hate junk mail as much as anyone else, but if it weren't for junk mail we'd all be paying a lot more for stamps or may not even have federal postal services at all, so be careful what you wish for.

WHO USES THE USPS ANYMORE THOUGH!?!?!?!?!

1 minute ago, Toshabi said:

WHO USES THE USPS ANYMORE THOUGH!?!?!?!?!

Yo Mama does!

And my mom would too, except she's dead.

In my experience a lot of official business documents still need to go through the mail; checks, contracts, notices, things like that.  It's not a lot of material but it is pretty important stuff and the USPS is still the best and cheapest way to sent it.

• Like 1

I aspire to one day create advertisements that people toss into the garbage without a second thought; I already pretty much do that at one of my jobs

12 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

I don't see the appeal of credit cards and debit cards.

Having good credit allows you to get loans, or something. I don't have a credit card but I ought to get one.

10 hours ago, Toshabi said:

I'm going to save all these letters you zend me some day, march down to your facility and anal rape each and every employee you got there with a piece of mail you send me to simulate the financial anal rape you're forcing into my inbox every day 

Jesus.

You're inventive.

I like where you're going with this.

26 minutes ago, SirRob said:

Having good credit allows you to get loans, or something. I don't have a credit card but I ought to get one.

I don't understand about loans either. What's so appealing about them? Am I the only person here who hates owing someone?

I think loans are a huge scams, I haven't digged deep into loans in general but I know how student loans is a financial trap that people in this age and time still get caught into

13 hours ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

I don't understand about loans either. What's so appealing about them? Am I the only person here who hates owing someone?

I think loans are a huge scams, I haven't digged deep into loans in general but I know how student loans is a financial trap that people in this age and time still get caught into

Not everyone makes enough money in order to save up for things like car repair or a replacement fridge, which necessitates either credit cards, loans, or doing something like privilege pay with one's bank and opening a direct line of credit. Loans are also required if one wants to buy a house for their family and they aren't, say, a literal millionaire.

• Like 1

I don't know how it is in other parts of the world,

but here you can simply refuse to accept anything send via mail (including annoying flyers and free magazines) even if it's already in your mail box.
You can just write "Annahme verweigert" [adoption refused] on it and give it back to the mail people, next time you are in a postal office anyways.

Whatever you've refused to take is going to be returned and whoever send it to you has to pay the return costs. >:D

It's not as satisfying as... what you would do, but when one feels like it one can put in some creative effort. Like drawing an artistic depiction of pollution on the flyer/box/magazine. Usually nobody cares.

On 6/28/2016 at 10:10 AM, Strongbob said:

The postal service doesn't receive appropriations by staying in the black with sales. They are authorized to get $460 million from the government if they need it, which they haven't since 1970 or so. It was around when there were horses that were used to deliver mail which I'm sure was a lot more difficult than it is today. The Post Office isn't going anywhere, postage stamps aren't going to dramatically increase in value, the sky isn't falling, etc.

On 6/28/2016 at 7:49 PM, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

Our whole economy is built on the concept of borrowing, and it is a good thing if it allows you to invest the money and make a profit greater than the interest paid, taking into account the possible risk.

It is also one of the most profitable ways to make money, for example the stock market works like that; when a company goes public they are borrowing money from stockholders, who are speculating they will increase in value. Student loans are very low risk, very profitable long term investments, a lot moreso than stocks, on average. While universities have been skyrocketing in terms of enrollment, their tuition keeps getting higher despite this, and since everyone seems to have a degree these days anyway (well, not me) it doesn't give much advantage and they often wind up with a mediocre job that shouldn't have even required it, and a massive amount of debt to pay off from these earnings.

MIT and UC Berkeley posts all their lectures online. Schools ask for exorbitant amount of money to get taught by shitty professors who wanted to be scientists and never cared about teaching in the first place. The ivy league schools usually cost a lot more where you can be taught by even shittier professors in even bigger and less personal lecture halls, to get a better "brand named" degree. This is okay I guess, if you simply ignore the fact that we're trailing far behind other countries in terms of education, and that putting people in debt is horrible for the economy. At least the important institutions like the banks are making money, otherwise the top 2% wouldn't control as much wealth. :V

• Like 1