Whine about Americans

Enigma

1 minute ago, Hux said:

It's nice to see Europeans get what they deserve for all the suffering they've caused throughout history.

I can't tell if trolling or just plain fucking stupid, but I'll play along for now

1) you're saying that what our ancestors did warrants those who come after them, us, to suffer for their crimes. That's the exact same as saying that just because John Doe's grandpa committed a crime that his grandsons have to pay for it too, even if they're innocent and never laid a finger on anyone. Can't you see how flawed your reasoning is? This is not justice. Those who made those mistakes are long dead, and those who still are, to this day, causing harm are but a handful of powerful people, whom often (if not always) follow their own selfish goals and are NOT, I repeat, are NOT representative of an entire nation, or a continent in this case. I can assure you that I for one am proof of that and that there's a 99,999999999% chance that all other europeans of this forum as well do not support the evils that colonialism and such have procured to those territories that were exploited and damaged by our predecessors. I am tempted to call you all sorts of things, but I'm just gonna invite you to not be generalising as you're being right now

2) the same argument you put forth can be applied to americans too, since they too have done their fair share of damage. Let's drop this I'm holier than thou shtick, all of our histories are tainted, american and europeans

2 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

How did you people manage to ruin a joke thread? 

That's fucking astonishing. 

Because people think that just because this is a joke thread that that entitles them to cross lines. There are some things you simply don't joke about, period. Wouldn't you get angry if people started joking about all the americans that got killed recently between the Orlando massacre and the Dallas shooting? 

21 minutes ago, Amiir said:

I can't tell if trolling or just plain fucking stupid, but I'll play along for now

1) you're saying that what our ancestors did warrants those who come after them, us, to suffer for their crimes. That's the exact same as saying that just because John Doe's grandpa committed a crime that his grandsons have to pay for it too, even if they're innocent and never laid a finger on anyone. Can't you see how flawed your reasoning is? This is not justice. Those who made those mistakes are long dead, and those who still are, to this day, causing harm are but a handful of powerful people, whom often (if not always) follow their own selfish goals and are NOT, I repeat, are NOT representative of an entire nation, or a continent in this case. I can assure you that I for one am proof of that and that there's a 99,999999999% chance that all other europeans of this forum as well do not support the evils that colonialism and such have procured to those territories that were exploited and damaged by our predecessors. I am tempted to call you all sorts of things, but I'm just gonna invite you to not be generalising as you're being right now

2) the same argument you put forth can be applied to americans too, since they too have done their fair share of damage. Let's drop this I'm holier than thou shtick, all of our histories are tainted, american and europeans

Your ancestors left a legacy of suffering that still affect billions. You live easy lives because your grand daddy stole everything from everyone else. Why is it so hard to just shut up and check ur privilege? Educate urself.

Just now, Hux said:

Your ancestors left a legacy of suffering that still affect billions. You live easy lives because your grand daddy stole everything from everyone else. Why is it so hard to just shut up and check ur privilege? Educate urself.

Said the american.

You must have missed it, so I'll quote it

26 minutes ago, Amiir said:

5 minutes ago, Amiir said:

Because people think that just because this is a joke thread that that entitles them to cross lines. There are some things you simply don't joke about, period. Wouldn't you get angry if people started joking about all the americans that got killed recently between the Orlando massacre and the Dallas shooting? 

Wasn't even referencing you. 

But yes, Hux is an edgy troll, this much is obvious. 

54 minutes ago, Hux said:

This right here? It's beautiful. 

Well crafted, with a hint of reality thrown in for that extra guilty salt in the wound sorta effect. 10/10. I only wish the great trolls of old were around to see it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Falaffel said:

How did you people manage to ruin a joke thread? 

That's fucking astonishing. 

This was not intended to be entirely a joke thread. To me this is a good place to vent everyone's frustrations on the topic, instead of derailing more serious threads. If we have fun and successfully bait people into debate, then this thread has done its job.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Butters said:

This right here? It's beautiful. 

Well crafted, with a hint of reality thrown in for that extra guilty salt in the wound sorta effect. 10/10. I only wish the great trolls of old were around to see it. 

What? I'm just trying to get people into analyzing the lingering effects of the systematic oppression of PoC through the use of over-the-top humor and pseudo-intellectual verbiage. I think it's necessary to teach white people they benefit from this legacy of abuse. White men in particular, the worst people to ever exist. I'm not saying they're bad people -that would be silly- they just need to be educated so they can help us dismantle patriarchal white systems if oppression. They also need to give me money on patreon. I don't see how that makes me a troll...

My initial post was ironic. White "people" can't be "raped" or "murdered" by PoC. PoC have no power and therefore cannot commit these actions against their oppressors.

36 minutes ago, Hux said:

What? I'm just trying to get people into analyzing the lingering effects of the systematic oppression of PoC through the use of over-the-top humor and pseudo-intellectual verbiage. I think it's necessary to teach white people they benefit from this legacy of abuse. White men in particular, the worst people to ever exist. I'm not saying they're bad people -that would be silly- they just need to be educated so they can help us dismantle patriarchal white systems if oppression. They also need to give me money on patreon. I don't see how that makes me a troll...

My initial post was ironic. White "people" can't be "raped" or "murdered" by PoC. PoC have no power and therefore cannot commit these actions against their oppressors.

You're doing God's work, Hux. 

9 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Let us know when a Canadian shoots up a black church in hopes if starting a race war in the name of the Confederate flag, so that you can brag that were as bad as you are.

Let me know when Canada has more than 5 black people and the expectations of a fickle know nothing world resting upon its every move. America isn't perfect, but having traveled most of the world and being ableto draw on experience that isn't anecdotal or witnessed through public opinion and heavily spun thereof, it's pretty top notch if you aren't a complete moron.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Gimme some some of dat sweet Canadian superiority complex.

>implying

To be fair, shoving his dick in people's faces is all Ashley has going for em nowadays. Let's face it; Their crowning achievement in life was making the "Special Thanks" section of the end credits of a bullshit planet science film that will most likely be shown to a room full of 5th graders who are more interested in booger jokes and new ways to apologize to people that bump into them. When you take that all into consideration, the person saying they're better and far more superior than you seems a little.... short? 

I dunno. Throw me in a cave with no internet access, and I'll tell you word-for-word what Ashley is posting about. It's either "Im so glad to be Canadian :3", "I got an ass pat for not spilling the animation intern's coffee today ^.^" or "Man, America is no where near as amazing as Canada is owo". Then again, we can throw in the money curve ball from time to time. Either or, the prnis strokes will always be found in each and every post. Might as well replace that avatar of theirs with a giant penis with a user title of "Stroke, don't poke". 

Too mean?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Toshabi said:

To be fair, shoving his dick in people's faces is all Ashley has going for em nowadays. Let's face it; Their crowning achievement in life was making the "Special Thanks" section of the end credits of a bullshit planet science film that will most likely be shown to a room full of 5th graders who are more interested in booger jokes and new ways to apologize to people that bump into them. When you take that all into consideration, the person saying they're better and far more superior than you seems a little.... short? 

I dunno. Throw me in a cave with no internet access, and I'll tell you word-for-word what Ashley is posting about. It's either "Im so glad to be Canadian :3", "I got an ass pat for not spilling the animation intern's coffee today ^.^" or "Man, America is no where near as amazing as Canada is owo". Then again, we can throw in the money curve ball from time to time. Either or, the prnis strokes will always be found in each and every post. Might as well replace that avatar of theirs with a giant penis with a user title of "Stroke, don't poke". 

Too mean?

*swims away*

• Like 1