What Gets You Down?

DrGravitas

4 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

It's not legal, per-say, to have. It's illegal to import from the UK, because it's traditionally made with sheep lung, which is banned by the FDA. Instead Scottish US companies make it the same, without the sheep lung, and the casing is artificial.

I'm guessing that American meat imports from the UK are prohibited because of foot and mouth and the after-effects of Chernobyl. Some farms in the UK were not allowed to sell meat to anybody until after the new millennium, such was the extent of radioactive contamination.

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

I'm guessing that American meat imports from the UK are prohibited because of foot and mouth and the after-effects of Chernobyl. Some farms in the UK were not allowed to sell meat to anybody until after the new millennium, such was the extent of radioactive contamination.

Nah, I've seen plenty of UK meat products in my local international food store. He's right about it being (at least in part, but also apparently the 1989 mad cow disease outbreak) because of Sheep's lung

Back on topic, sad music has an a tendency to bring me down but if I'm already down it is sometimes rather comforting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrGravitas said:

Our dog had to be put down. I didn't get a chance to go home and see him one more time...

I know what you mean. What gets me down is watching my dog's health degrade so quickly. I've had her since she was a puppy, and now she's pushing 14 years of age. She can barely walk without falling over, and she's almost gone deaf, and it really just pains me to see her that way.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...