(skyrim) stormcloaks or imperials

Wulfila

Skyrim will fall to Thalmor under stormcloak rule because they will never ally with other factions. They are selfish, thinking only that Skyrim belongs to the Nords. Plus they are racist and because I am a furfag, I have a Khaijit character and he cannot stand racism because he comes from Elsweyr. 

• Like 1

Imperials. Because Khajit, of course. Though I take every opportunity rip some Thalmor goons a new one, usually werewolf-style.

Frankly, I've never actually made it through the whole civil war bit. Usually I just get to the point where I nab the old crown but never turn it in and instead make off with it like a true Khajit.

Also, Elder Scrolls VI: Elsweyr when?

• Like 2

The Empire has abandoned it's principles in order to appease an apocolyptic cult. While the Stormcloaks are backward and unpalatable, they have a unique opportunity to oppose the Aldmeri Dominion, which is the true enemy. Their actions force the Empire to themselves take a stand or forfeit her provinces, thus realpolitik dictates that I provide temporary support to the Stormcloaks.

• Like 2

From the point I was immersified into the thick lore of Skyrim I never chose stormcloaks again. How can he even maintain a war if he can't maintain a city? Let alone an entire continent.

Death to the stormcloaks, lawless racist beasts!

Those poor argonian dock workers T-T

Imperials.

Ulfric's bitchfit is wasting Imperial resources and lives that would be better suited to rebuilding the Legions. The Empire does not want to be a vassal state to a bunch of poncy fucking Nazi elves, they've been the big kid on the block too long to just roll over after one war. General Tullius even hints at simmering Imperial discontent and a wish to defeat the Thalmor and reestablish Imperial hegemony.

The Talos ban is likely just to placate the Thalmor. Moreover, you never see Imperial resources being expended to enforce it; it's always Thalmor out doing it while the Imperials just kind of pretend it's a non-issue. Furthermore, the Thalmor are using Ulfric, at least indirectly, to keep the Empire's attention divided; documents in the Thalmor embassy refer to Ulfric as an (uncooperative) asset.

Imperials every time. The Stormcloaks are simply a bunch of racists led by a power hungry usurper and murderer who can't even effectively run his own city, there really isn't much to recommend them.

Additionally, the Imperials are the only ones who have a real chance of defeating the Thalmor in the future, whereas the Thalmor see a weakened Skyrim under Ulfric as easy pickings.

To top it off, they have Jarl Balgruuf:

• 2 weeks later...