Nova

Idea to revive forum

So after thinking alot, I thought of maybe linking the forum with a post to the furry amino.

There may be a chance tho that nobody cares.

1 hour ago, Gamedog said:

There is no reviving it. Everyone has moved to twitter to swear at each other

Hmm true

Welp time to return to FA

10 hours ago, Gamedog said:

There is no reviving it. Everyone has moved to twitter to swear at each other

I don't see how that's productive 

We could create a section (or at least a thread) for discussing legit bad things that are happening in the subculture, with the purpose of attracting people who want nothing to do with twitter or kiwifarms.

32 minutes ago, WALFTEAM said:

We could create a section (or at least a thread) for discussing legit bad things that are happening in the subculture, with the purpose of attracting people who want nothing to do with twitter or kiwifarms.

this sounds like the worst possible idea ever

• Like 2

On 1/21/2019 at 6:56 PM, WALFTEAM said:

I thought that's kind of what we already did in a lot of threads, and the forums as a whole.

Just that a chunk of people didn't like it, because "Y R U HATE FURRY? Y CANT WE BE FURREIENDOS? WHO WANTS TO LICK MY FEET NO KINKSMHAME!"

I've always been in support of the site focusing on shit-talking the furry fandom, but that's me.

On 1/23/2019 at 11:05 PM, Vae said:

Just that a chunk of people didn't like it, because "Y R U HATE FURRY? Y CANT WE BE FURREIENDOS? WHO WANTS TO LICK MY FEET NO KINKSMHAME!"

Why don't I remember anyone ever saying this? Was this in intro threads or something? 

I didn't say it like that but I was one of the ones that didn't like how harsh people could be on FAF prior to the move here. Like yeah sometimes people lack self awareness or a sense of what is acceptable in a public space but people could still be pretty damn mean. 

3 hours ago, Silo said:

Why don't I remember anyone ever saying this? Was this in intro threads or something? 

Look harder? People have bitched all over the place, here and otherwise, about the site not being friendly and "furry" enough.
I've had friends toss screenshots and junk my way too, because a lot of us like laughing at the same shit.

I'm exaggerating in the exact phrasing, obviously, because that's how fuckin hyperbole works,
but it's the same idea with the same intent. Why can't we be furry enough? Why can't we be more nice?

It's like people forgot this site was originally a haven for the old FAF crowd or something.

11 hours ago, Vae said:

Look harder? People have bitched all over the place, here and otherwise, about the site not being friendly and "furry" enough.
I've had friends toss screenshots and junk my way too, because a lot of us like laughing at the same shit.

I'm exaggerating in the exact phrasing, obviously, because that's how fuckin hyperbole works,
but it's the same idea with the same intent. Why can't we be furry enough? Why can't we be more nice?

It's like people forgot this site was originally a haven for the old FAF crowd or something.

Cool. You don't have to treat me as if I lack reading comprehension UwU . I also know how to experience things (like being on this site and FAF), believe it or not.

I just wanted to know if and where any stand-out cases happened that warranted(whatever reasoning there was for) such a harsh reaction. 

Didn't need to know about the screenshots btw

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Silo said:

Cool. You don't have to treat me as if I lack reading comprehension UwU . I also know how to experience things (like being on this site and FAF), believe it or not.

I just wanted to know if and where any stand-out cases happened that warranted(whatever reasoning there was for) such a harsh reaction. 

That's not a case of reading comprehension.
It's a case of exposure.

Also I'm not providing information solely and limited to what's necessary for your understanding.
This is a conversation, not a fucking definition. Lmao.

13 hours ago, Silo said:

You say this like you were offered nudes or something. 

On 1/31/2019 at 2:58 AM, Tsuujou said:

You say this like you were offered nudes or something. 

maybe

Forums come and go. They change over time. This one still has potential, but people have to do more than lurk.

New FAF is better than it was, but it's still pretty toxic.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2019 at 8:28 PM, Silo said:

I dunno just go and read any of the old Den threads. Someone was always white-knighting for some shitbag like Jasonafex or Zaush because what kind of young-adult subculture would we be without a self-indulgent contrarian streak?

Edit: 1500th post where's my party