FUCKING LOUD ASS MUSIC

Sidewalk Surfboard

I live in student apartments, basically a dorm-like situation. During the weekends, I hear the fucking loud ass music blaring through the floors pretty regularly. It's pretty annoying after the first hour.

jJust use your own stereo and turn it all the way up with no cd in so it blasts quiet back at them, eventually cancelling out their noise

You can't enjoy music unless you absolutely ensure with 100% belief that all of your street/bus can hear the backdrop and nothing else... whoever invented boom boxes for cars needs to be given the 1000 cuts treatment -_-#

• Like 2

How is that an insult? 

I think a fun party would help them relax. 

Apparently the stereo used to be theirs anyways.

You try a little too hard sometimes.

Don't just throw insults at people, it's really adding nothing.

(rant)

Hey, just be thankful it's not loud-@$$ middle-eastern music all night long. I get that at least twice a week and our apartment manager doesn't care. My complex has turned into a dump since they (multiple families) moved in and started to play their cr@p call to prayer at 1:30 am. I believe in freedom of religion. They're free to keep it down so I don't hear it.

One neighbor beats his wife pretty regularly when he's out of jail. I just call the cops when he's doing this so they end up going around and telling the others to turn their music down once they've arrested Mr Wife Beater. Shouldn't have to deal with any of that cr@p.

(/rant)

As far as the loud Hicks go, have someone come over and hold practice for their Death Metal band at your house. That will teach them.

• Like 1

You can't enjoy music unless you absolutely ensure with 100% belief that all of your street/bus can hear the backdrop and nothing else... whoever invented boom boxes for cars needs to be given the 1000 cuts treatment -_-#

1,000 cuts ain't enough. Stuff them in the trunk until their ears bleed from Barry Manilow.

• Like 1

I love loud music. This is why I have loud headphones. No need to worry about neighbors when I've got 6w strapped to my head.

This is the great thing about noise cancelling headphones. They keep the bad music out and the good music in. They also eliminate both engine noise and screaming children on planes, which is a serious bonus.

Pffffft no! I took a old pair of headphones I had which had bad cabling, and made them into bluetooth (or aux-in) headphones. I also have a par of Sony MDR-V150 studio monitor headphones.

At 6w with these babies, you're not hearing anything from the outside world past 1/4 volume, period. :D

168_0002.JPG

168_0005.JPG

Is that black spray paint by your mouse pad on the laptop?

People that have music playing obnoxiously loud really need to invest in a nice pair of headphones. Not only will the sound quality be far better, but you can also enjoy it as much as you like. Without bothering others.

Agreed. Though the only reason people usually blast music is because they're having a party/gathering or something. Or they just want to show off.

I was walking along the beach some days ago and someone was cycling past wearing a set of speakers playing (for a wearable set of speakers) loud music. It wasn't that annoying because he just went past, but why he would bother with such a cumbersome thing I've no idea. Maybe his bell was broken.

• Like 1

Thus started the great Music Wars. SidewalkSurfboard then got 7 Marshall stacks and hooked them up to her iPod, blasting Scandinavian death metal.  The neighbors retaliated by getting a bass cannon and blasting Skrillex, and thus the hijinks ensued.

Who is Hijinks? They sound Sweedish. 

I SWEAR TO FUCK IF MY HILLBILLY NEIGHBORS DON'T TURN THEIR SHITTY BASS-Y ASS SHITTY MUSIC OFF I'M GONNA SHIT EVERYWHERE

3772501+_7b8477b87e7557cd4b6fd9a7b01f94e2.gif

When I was renting in a neighborhood to see if I would like to put down roots there, I had a neighbor that liked to listen to crappy music until way too late, like past 2AM some nights. They listened to crappy Latin music with the four beats. It seems like half of the music I hear sounds the same because of that same boring 4 beats.

What was really bad was right across the street there lived a Sheriff's Deputy. I am not sure if he ever told them to shut up, I imagine he did.  

Well one time a furry friend of mine and a mechanic and I were working on his car in my driveway. He had come down for the weekend and was trying to leave before 11 to get back home, about 5 hours away. He and I decided we had just about had enough of the neighbors the night before and we decided to mess around with the exhaust system on his car. We took the pipe which connects the headers on his V-8 to the H-Pipe he had put in to give the car a good aggressive growling sound. And with that, we proceeded to start and rev the engine repeatedly in the driveway until we got it tuned just right. If you have never done that, it is incredible how loud even an ordinary car can become. And he and I had it turned just right. We were pouring Gum-out Fuel injector cleaner through and cleaning the carbon off the heads and crap and just revving it up to be annoying after a point. 

You know that those noisy neighbors had the unmitigated GALL to come to my front lawn and fuss at us for waking them up!  I told them, I would take the muffler off of my 2 stroke weedwacker and fire it up at 7am the next weekend if they blared their music past midnight again.

The didn't blast the music again after midnight while I lived there. 

Edited by Skylar Husky
  • Like 2