Just started driving for Uber & Lyft

Rassah

Do you avoid the drunk people since you know, vomit inside nice cars and all that? Maybe I'm paranoid, but the thought of inviting random people into my car and taking them places kind of freaks me out, and my car is a POS

I considered doing this on my off days for a few hours for some extra spending money but this right here above is why I ultimately decided against it. I'm a control freak about my car, I've got rules that I expect to be followed and throwing up or stinking like beer is against them.

Besides I'm pretty sure my aloof demeanor and horrible Goth music would get me fired in a week.

• Like 1

When he goes to a business conference he sleeps in his car?

Like a homeless person? No money for a hotel room? 

Plenty of money for a hotel room, but why waste it when my car is comfortable enough? Hint: this is how wealthy people do shit. Go to a very wealthy area and look around at the people living there. If you see someone in a nice outfit driving a really nice car, chances are they're poor, earning a lot but living paycheck to paycheck, with their nice clothes, car, and house actually owned by a bank. If you see someone wearing shabby clothing, maybe that looks OK but seems a bit too worn, and driving an average car, or even something really old and beat up, that's the millionaire. My friend is an ex Vice President of JP Morgan Chase, who also retired and is now working in the Bitcoin space. He and I sometimes share hotel rooms to save money, and have been swapping stories on how to save money like this. Tips like how and where to sleep in cars, renting a small U-Haul truck for a day and using it as a room, avoiding expensive hotel laundry (up to $2 for a pair of socks) by bringing a zip lock of laundry detergent powder and washing your clothes in a bathtub like pressing wine with feet, buying marine batteries and inverters to avoid paying $175/day for electricity at conferences, or buying cheap Chinese air tickets way in advance in case you use them, with then being so cheap it's not a loss if you don't.

When you're rich, you understand that money sitting in assets like stocks, property, and businesses, is earning you more money, making you richer every day, so it's best to leave it there and concerns your spending as much as possible. When you're poor, you have no concept of that, and think being rich is being able to afford and buying the best most expensive luxuries, which unfortunately don't do anything but depreciate over time.

Though when I travel with my husband, he had enough of staying in cheap $40 motel rooms, so now I have to pay for at least a decent accommodation. Our Halloween trip to Vegas was at the Luxor, and in Bahamas we're staying at the Renaissance (4 diamond resort with a private island). I sleep in cars and stay in cheap motels so that I can afford those other places when it counts.

Edited by Rassah
  • Like 2

Maybe slightly wealthy people.

I didn't mean just sleep in cars. I meant save money or avoiding spending it needlessly every chance they get. Though that sometimes includes sleeping in cars or airports too.

Rassah threads always read like a pyramid scheme.

Is it because of the way I describe stuff? I've talked about Bitcoin, investing, asset management, charity, and now driving for Uber, none of which were pyramids. I wonder what you do? Maybe if I talk about it, I'll end up making it sound like a pyramid scheme too? Genuinely curious...

My first time trying Royal Crown Cola:"RC Cola must mean Really Crappy Cola"

oh no you did not just talk shit about rc cola

its the only cola that takes shitty Ancient Age whiskey to the level of Crown Royal and coke

ontopic tho ive already thought about giving this a go

Nashville has become more "hip" and "urban"(which means its becoming filled up with tech hipster scum), and overtime at work isnt always forthcoming. so i have to go forth and get dollars out of their pockets. Easy money doing airport runs and shit.

Edited by Azure
  • Like 1

I didn't mean just sleep in cars. I meant save money or avoiding spending it needlessly every chance they get. Though that sometimes includes sleeping in cars or airports too.

Is it because of the way I describe stuff? I've talked about Bitcoin, investing, asset management, charity, and now driving for Uber, none of which were pyramids. I wonder what you do? Maybe if I talk about it, I'll end up making it sound like a pyramid scheme too? Genuinely curious...

I know plenty of wealthy people and none of them sleep in their cars.

Broke people sleep in their cars. 

I wouldn't do business with a person who sleeps in their car. It's an indicator that something is wrong with them. 

You're just a shady person. It happens.

• Like 1

No wonder furries are infamous for wallowing in poverty and destitution, they have all of the financial sense of normies but none of the life skills and social connections.

"Now that I make more money I'm going to increase my overhead proportionally by driving an expensive car, living in an expensive house, and taking expensive vacations."

It's like listening to my co-workers complain about how hard up they are for cash and how they can't "pay the bills" while they all buy fast food or eat out for lunch, drive new cars that they probably financed at an ass-raping interest rate, and have to commute 30 minutes every day because they wanted to live in a neighborhood that was WASP-y enough to make them feel safe owning a bunch of expensive shit they don't need.

Meanwhile at pic related: it's me every payday.

meatpayday.jpg

• Like 4

I'll do that roughly around the time you actually move out of mommy's basement.

IOW not likely to ever happen.

Besides, Bitcoin is for suckers. A currency that's more fiat than what we have now? LMFAO.

I don't live in mom's basement. 

Then again I don't sleep in my car. 

I guess I don't have good financial sense. 

Sleeping in your car and living in your mom's basement are what wealthy people do. 

Right? 

Man. I love uber/lyft. It allows me to not have to buy a car with all of the relevant tools while I'm going to school. 

Met a lot of nice folks who drove. 

I know plenty of wealthy people and none of them sleep in their cars

You know wealthy people? Or you know people with a large paycheck? My parents earn a but over $100k a year each. Plus they have rental properties that earn them more money. I wouldn't consider them wealthy.

Actually, easy way to test: those wealthy people you know, if they stopped working completely, how long until they run out of money? If they're truly wealthy, the answer should be they never run out of money, and will actually keep getting richer.

Damnit Rassah, you can't brag about pimping out a four door family sedan, complete with vanity license plate, and then turn around to suggest that not spending money on stuff is how you get rich.  You gotta pick one or the other.

It was mandatory, since by the end of the year, what I spent on that car was worth over $1 million dollars. I wanted to make it seem luxurious too, considering I was driving a million dollar Prius. And I made tons of extra money then too. If you have a windfall from your investments, it's OK to spend a little once in a while. Besides, most of the work on it I did myself. Just bought the parts and took a few days to install them.

So, the secret to wealth is to sleep in your car to save money, but you also have to drop a million dollars on a $30 000 four door sedan...

Welp,  I'm done with this thread.  O.o

Uh, I said I paid 1,000 bitcoin at $22. 1,000 * $22 = $22,000. That's what I paid for my car. Later that year bitcoin went to $1,000, making it basically "would have been worth a million." It has since settled to around $300, so I still made some nice money off of it from the rest of my coins.

Edited by Rassah

So, the secret to wealth is to sleep in your car to save money, but you also have to drop a million dollars on a $30 000 four door sedan...

Welp,  I'm done with this thread.  O.o

It's just getting good though! Have some popcorn. 

Ot: I think I'd rather do a taxi than an uber. 

Uh, I said I paid 1,000 bitcoin at $22. 1,000 * $22 = $22,000. That's what I paid for my car. Later that year bitcoin went to $1,000, making it basically "would have been worth a million." It has since settled to around $300, so I still made some nice money off of it from the rest of my coins.

Dis guy is gonna teach you how to make the mad monz. 

• Like 1

It's just getting good though! Have some popcorn. 

Ot: I think I'd rather do a taxi than an uber. 

Why? It's almost twice as expensive, and the cabs are dirty, cause they don't belong to the drivers and get abused.

Dis guy is gonna teach you how to make the mad monz. 

I'm sure you would do a much better job! We're all ears.

Not telling anyone how to be rich. Just know some people are tight on money and giving a suggestion that I vetted.

Edited by Rassah

Because almost anyone driving for Uber doesn't have commercial insurance, thus if they get in an accident while I'm in the vehicle and I get injured, I'm fucked because the insurance will NOT cover someone caught using a personal vehicle under a personal insurance policy for commercial purposes.

Uber does very little to vet the backgrounds of drivers. Cab drivers get criminal background checks before they're allowed a medallion.

Taxi drivers tend to know the 'good spots' and hotel locations better than Uber drivers.

Not true. Both Uber and Lyft now cover driver's with a $1 million insurance policy. As soon. As the driver starts the app in drive mode, you are covered. Personal insurance only covers while they are driving to you.

Both Uber and Lyft required me to submit my entire driving record to make sure I don't have any violations, and both did an extensive criminal background check. It took 1 week for Lyft and 2 weeks for Uber. So if you have too many tickets, or a criminal history, don't bother applying.

Doesn't matter about knowing good spots. Traci driver's have to know them and mostly guess. Uber and Lyft actually tells you where the areas of high demand is and gets more driver's to go there, regardless of where it is. It's all updated live constantly.

Then why do some of their cars explode?

its a rare known fact that their food is spicer than indian cuisine. (Probably the source of the animosity in that region) your car would go boom too with that much gas filling it. Its what their cars will run on after we steal all the oil. 

Edited by Butters

its a rare known fact that their food is spicer than indian cuisine. (Probably the source of the animosity in that region) your car would go boom too with that much gas filling it. Its what their cars will run on after we steal all the oil. 

I thought it was American cars that ran off hot gas? Or was that hot air?

Edited by Mr. Fox

the good Arabs of the world take utmost care of their vehicles. THE UTMOST!!!!!! 

;3

Their vehicles, yes. Taxis aren't their vehicles. They belong to the cab company, and are in the same category as public transportation (Somebody Else's Problem).

I thought it was because he was an elitist, pompous cunt with a bitcoin fetish.

Why thank you, I am quite elite at most things I do :D

Threads like these make me think I missed some really weird parts of FAF history, in this case involving Ashley, Butters, and Rassah.

The kind of company an individual keeps both says a lot about an individual and influences them a fair bit. So I've just assumed it has something to do with that in the first two to explain the behavioral differences. That's also why I don't spend too much time here.

As far as the last one goes, no I think he's just one of those guys that likes negative attention. I could swear I've talked about this before with you specifically.

Edited by Clove Darkwave

The kind of company and individual keeps both says a lot about an individual and influences them a fair bit.
That's also why I don't spend too much time here.

Ouch

As far as the last one goes, no I think he's just one of those guys that likes negative attention. I could swear I've talked about this before with you specifically.

Hm, I don't recall Rassah at all from when I was actually active, unless he was under a different name. (I've only ever used this name with this community.) Now I'm just curious as to what you're referring to.

Ouch

Hm, I don't recall Rassah at all from when I was actually active, unless he was under a different name. (I've only ever used this name with this community.) Now I'm just curious as to what you're referring to.

Owh, you know I would like to apologize and elaborate on my 5am-going-to-black-friday-work post; I don't mean that towards everyone on this forum certainly not, it's better than FAF if you ask me, but I find the atmosphere of some threads and posters is a bad influence on one's attitude. But there are people on here who do the opposite, too. Some things feed my penchant for Forum Warrior-ing, which I try to cut out these days.

Maybe I'm just crazy or I dreamed it. I would swear you and I spoke about him before.

Edited by Clove Darkwave

I think I remember seeing you or your avatar in one of my threads before Onnes. On FAF I started a thread to share wealth building tips, and sometimes talked about bitcoin (which is still the most awesome and world changing invention of this century :P )

Edited by Rassah

• Zeke locked this topic