WHAT. THE. FUCK.

MuttButt

http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/investigations/2015/11/24/dshs-disabled-teen-abuse-2012/76292386/

" I saw a young girl, thought she was a child, so small, skeletal like. And she was in nothing but a very, very soiled diaper," said Paredes-Garrett. "And she was wailing and moaning a sound I've never ever heard and the only thing I could compare it to would be a wounded animal."

"She was very small, very small, like the size of maybe a 7 or 8 year old, I would think, and she was very malnourished," Foster recalled.

But Heather Curtis wasn't 7 or 8; she was 19 years old and weighed just 68 pounds.

Unspeakable, disgusting. I have no words. Just let this be a reminder that if you think there is any kind of abuse going on around you, don't hesitate to say something about it. Make as much noise as possible, because there's no guarantee that somebody else will. Nine years. Nobody should have to endure this kind of neglect for that long. 

disturbing, no doubt.

the last similar case like this was the girl nicknamed "Genie" who was strapped to a toilet seat all/most her life, malnourished, and looked 5 at 13 years old.

Thats probably the first time I was deeply unsettled and cried myself asleep that night. And when I hear of events like that I just die a little inside and feel cold and numb afterwards. Usually this stuff doesnt phase me as the initial shock, life is just full of awful stuff.

• Like 2

Juzt read the article, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THE GOVERNMENT SYSTEM?!?!

They literally were rolling in cash for absolutely NOTHING! They treated a human being as something they just needed somewhat alive so they can live comfortably...

FFS, Of all those times the abuse was reported it took them that long to check the house they were giving free money too?

What the hell, man...

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

Been trying to think of a decent response, but it's just one of those things that the only words I can find are rage-filled "what the fuck" type words. It's sick and sad, but I guarantee you it isn't the first time and won't be the last, and that's the saddest part of all.

Juzt read the article, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THE GOVERNMENT SYSTEM?!?!

They literally were rolling in cash for absolutely NOTHING! They treated a human being as something they just needed somewhat alive so they can live comfortably...

FFS, Of all those times the abuse was reported it took them that long to check the house they were giving free money too?

What the hell, man...

The thing that really got me was their aparent lack of remorse, and their relatively paltry punishment. Twice the suffering they inflicted on that poor girl is still too good for them IMO. That kind of averice and lack of empathy is something i'd have trouble even imagining. It borders on inhuman.

• Like 3

The thing that really got me was their aparent lack of remorse, and their relatively paltry punishment

Don't forget the mention of "Jeff Henderson weighed 500 pounds". Guess he was eating all of her food too.
I'm just dumbfounded. I'd like to know the psychology behind these people and what made them capable of causing such horrible neglect for so long. Greed certainly isn't the only factor here.

I really dont know why people choose to get into lines of work like that and seemingly making little to no progress in bringing out extreme abuse cases. It was written in the article that it had been reported several times...

Well at least in genies case they noticed something was off right away and investigated. I wonder if it has to do with, in theory, you'd want to help people, but in practice we dont have the money for the government to care for every single person.

but wait...apparently they have $4,000 to toss at a NEET couple to not take care of their foster kid

The state of humanity confuses me...

CAN THE GOVERNMENT GIVE ME $4,000 FOR RAISING A FOSTER CHILD I WILL BUY ME AND THE CHILD SWAG GEAR AND WE CAN CHILL AT PARKS ON OUR HELLA RAD MOTORCYCLES!!!

I mean...Im just saying, there may be people out their being selfish with that money being given to it and not using some of it for the child but this just takes the cake, you were being given the funds because YOU HAD ONE JOB, and you couldnt at least be a decent human being???

Sorry, I already made ton of posts this is just another thing that pisses me off on a small list of things that piss me off

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

It's even worse when the agencies meant to protect those people aren't doing their fucking jobs.

I ain't here to defend the shit mechanisms that are lumbering around inside the US system. I would like everyone in the USA who are upset by this to take a moment and reflect that the "protective" systems we have put into effect are little more than a placebo because of budget cuts and partisan bickering. Each side wants us to think that programs meant to protect people like this are "entitlements" (R) or "social programs. (D)". Cut through the political bullshit on either side and recognize how these cases are falling through the cracks. These are basic human services.... demand that things change.

I ain't here to defend the shit mechanisms that are lumbering around inside the US system. I would like everyone in the USA who are upset by this to take a moment and reflect that the "protective" systems we have put into effect are little more than a placebo because of budget cuts and partisan bickering. Each side wants us to think that programs meant to protect people like this are "entitlements" (R) or "social programs. (D)". Cut through the political bullshit on either side and recognize how these cases are falling through the cracks. These are basic human services.... demand that things change.

I'm sad to say I doubt that will ever happen.

I want You.jpg

• Like 2