A tattoo/piercing/other thread

Alexxx-Returns

So I started this thread on FAF and it was cool. Thought it might be fun to discuss any jewellery, ink or other body mods we may or may not have, share stories, whatever.

I'll get started!

I'll start with my ears. Both my ear lobes are pierced twice, but the higher left one has been stretched to 10mm (00g) and that's as big as its gonna get. For two reasons - first, choice of career won't really appreciate having massive tunnels, and second, the bigger it gets, the more it pushes my original earring-hole out of place, and I don't want that getting any more significant than it is now. I have the tragus done on the left ear, sometimes I contemplate having it done again as a double but it hurt far too much the first time. And there's an industrial above that that sort of half-rejected and only is held in by skin on the lower half, but it seems to be stable so it's fine by me. The right ear I have a standard helix and a healing conch.

On the body I have the navel done and both nipples, which are about 6 1/2 months old by now and still get very angry if I don't clean them regularly.

On the face I have a regular nose ring, my lip has been done for 4 1/2 years, and a week ago I got my nose septum done again.

I think about having more but that probably won't happen. Nothing else that I really want that I can get away with.

As for tattoos, I have 2, one on the inside of each foot-ankle join. The right one is a Mario mushroom, this was a matching one with my best friend. She wanted matching tattoos to celebrate our friendship, and I put it to her that if she found a matching design I liked, I'd go for it, and we settled on these. Mine's red, her's is green. The left one is the shadow medallion from Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. I wanted that one for so long, but I never could figure out where it should go until I was looking at pictures of Converse tattoos and I realized that if I had the medallion in the exact same place and size on the opposite ankle, I'd have that same effect. It's a gorgeous thing and the artist is amazing, he really under-sold himself I feel. It only cost £50.

I realize I have been rambling (and for some reason my tablet Americanises some of my words now). I want to hear what the members of Phoenix have done to decorate themselves!

My piercings aaaaaare...

A bar in my belly button, two bars through my right eyebrow, rings in both earlobes, and a ring in my left nostril.

As for tattoos, I have a Pokeball on my upper left arm, a rose with vines coiling around my lower left arm, and the name "Kenny" above my right breast in memory of a lost friend. I have two more planned for Red and Milo once I have the money for them.

I have my earlobes, a lip ring in the center, a nose ring on the left, and some blue wings of my own design on my upper back.

I used to have my eyebrow done, but it rejected.
I also used to have more holes in my earlobes, but I could never find things to consistently put in them, so they over-grew.

I want to get an industrial, a few more tattoos, and a tongue split, if I ever get enough money to do so.

Edited by Vae

I wanted a dragon on my lower back for the longest time. Since I was 15. But I've gone through what feels like thousands of designs, and I haven't seen anything I remotely like. So... This has been making me think that it's not meant to be. I had the thought of wings on my back if not the dragon as well. And the other day I saw a GORGEOUS pair of rainbow wings, and I realized that no matter what the design is, I want it to be something in the colors of the rainbow. But tasteful.

I want a tattoo. I feel I have such a scrawny build nothing big is the way to go, so some small illustration would be nice. No tribal shit, no dragons or skulls or failed japanese kanji. I want something metaphorical and unique that'd represent my inner workings.

So far there's been a single artist who's managed to capture my mood on paper perfectly, and that's Chiara Bautista. That said a lot of people have her art on their skin.

I'd love like, a realistic piece of a wounded horned owl on my shoulderblade or the side, and it'd sit on a branch that'd be dead in the vicinity of the bird, but it'd be a healthy tree otherwise. Maybe add a falling feather

I have both lobes at a comfortable 6G and a 12G septum piercing. Used to have an eyebrow bar, but it just didn't turn out in the end.

It's funny that I don't have more, maybe some day.

I work with piercings five days a week, AMA. (Careful OP, if you go any bigger you will 100% require surgery to close it up. Most likely you are already fucked, 00G rarely ever fully heals.)

Edited by Clove Darkwave

5 hours ago, Clove Darkwave said:

I have both lobes at a comfortable 6G and a 12G septum piercing. Used to have an eyebrow bar, but it just didn't turn out in the end.

It's funny that I don't have more, maybe some day.

I work with piercings five days a week, AMA. (Careful OP, if you go any bigger you will 100% require surgery to close it up. Most likely you are already fucked, 00G rarely ever fully heals.)

Yeah I have heard that 00G is the point of no return, I was considering going to 12 or maybe 14, but it's not my primary lobe piercing, and the primary one is getting pushed aside a lot by it. It looks good at 10 though.

Interesting thread, though I have no piercings or tattoos.yet. I don't plan to get piercings but I'll definitly get myself a wolf tattoo somewhere. Maybe just a silhouette on my lower arm or a more colorful design on the shoulder. I'll have to wait for money and moving to my own appartment though xD

• 3 months later...

Used to have 6G piercing but my lobes have closed up since then, I might work on stretching again if I get another good kit for it

With tattoos I still really want some. Some Ive thought are a logo tattoo, celtic knotwork in general, a wolf of some sort, a dragon, a feather, an anatomically correct heart...my first one will probablt be the largest possible pair of wing tattoos on my back between the shoulderblades

Some other ideas are an old fashioned key, a series of 5-pointed stars in various patterned locations,  a sword/dagger, a lizard, a dragon eye (instead of the dragon),  a phrase of some sort (if I think of one good enough...probably even a silly ironic one like 'no regets'), and a dragonfly for sure 

I had a septum piercing sometime in mid-late March and it's been the longest, most laborious healing process in the history of healing processes. I think it may have reached the end now but I am still not 100% certain because I've had false hope before. I've had mini infections and I was worried I was allergic to the metal but I don't think so any more. 

On the left side the skin has grown downwards a tad so one side of the piercing looks longer than the other if you look closely at it. For the longest time it's been getting all scabby and sore and when I wake up in the morning it took me forever to clean it, luckily it seems to have stopped doing that this week or so. I think the amount of snot produced by hayfever helps with that as it flushes out le germs. But yeah, this bloody septum piercing has been the bane of my existence, I do not regret it though because it looks nice but FFFFFFFFFFFFF.

I do intend on getting more piercings but nothing in cartlidge, helllll no. Takes ages to heal and the actual piercing hurts like fuck.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think I ever posted a photo of my beauties.

Obviously I'm not talking about my feet, I have the literal worst case of flat-footedness that ever did exist and it's not nice to look at. But the tattoos make up for that.

Been thinking about getting a Skulltula on the top of one of my feet perhaps.

Also been thinking about getting a lupin on my left forearm (after I have all the scars lasered off of course).

13256454_10207893589710289_3296029254355822818_n.jpg