Youtube's Gone Full Retard

DevilishlyHandsome49

So I guess cheap reaction channels, lame prank channels, videos of people getting killed, abuse, graphic sexual content, that can stay...but this can't?

Seriously, is there any other platform to use besides that can prove to be fair competition, make Youtube shake in it's boots? A lot of Youtube's practices have disgusted me and I really don't want to be a part of it anymore if channels like this can't survive but garbage channels can. Absolute bullshit this is

And it got taken down "because" of his Little Panda Warrior review, which also strikes me as fishy, since there's nothing he does in that review (from what I can tell) that other people haven't also done in their reviews of that particular piece of animated flaming garbage.

• Like 2

You think that's bad? One time I signed up for Plenty Of Fish and found myself banned the next day. When I contacted support about it:

After a recent review of your account and activity on POF.com, we have closed your account.

We will not disclose specific details regarding your account�� closure.

The closure of your account is permanent, and any future accounts will be automatically detected and deleted by the system.

I literally did nothing and it was the most random ban I've ever received in my life.

Youtube just doesn't give a shit unless you're making them money. Fuck people that flag videos for petty reasons too

4 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

So I have to watch a video to get any context as to what you're talking about?

To give everybody context who doesn't know IHE or what Devilishly is talking about:

IHE made a Youtube video basically destroying some 'Little Panda Fighter' DVDs (throwing them against walls, bathing them, ect.).
And the video got flagged by 'the community' as spam (?) and IHEs channel got taken down.

Btw. IHE definitely wasn't a spam channel (as he usually just makes fun of bad movies, websites, ect) and the take down isn't really justified.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Barnectomy said:

You think that's bad? One time I signed up for Plenty Of Fish and found myself banned the next day. When I contacted support about it:

I literally did nothing and it was the most random ban I've ever received in my life.

Youtube just doesn't give a shit unless you're making them money. Fuck people that flag videos for petty reasons too

That is insane 0_0

Youtube needs to hire some more people to monitor this stuff and get rid of the automated bullshit

2 minutes ago, FlynnCoyote said:

Guns aren't legal in my country, so it's either knives or I improvise some sort of mass arson.

I'll get back to you.

... You are suggesting genocide right?

Actually, I was sort of thinking, y'know, put em all in a box and put it somewhere. Like in a storage shed or something. And so they won't get out, we'll tape it shut. 

1 minute ago, AlexInsane said:

Actually, I was sort of thinking, y'know, put em all in a box and put it somewhere. Like in a storage shed or something. And so they won't get out, we'll tape it shut. 

What if the box was like... a giant coffin? And the somewhere was underground? And the tape was nails? Or would that be too far? If it is, there's a Kennards Storage not far from my place. :3

On 1/21/2016 at 9:10 PM, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

I'm not disagreeing with them being fully retarded for a long time...I guess its just reached its highest peak of retardedness now? :P 

stuff like this with people getting banned for random vidoes has most definitely happened before and happened for a long time.

I think if enough people flag something YouTube takes it down regardless.

it's nothing new and was something that definitely happened way before 2009. and since when have videos of people getting killed been allowed?? you can post them certainly but anything that's super graphic gets taken down almost immediately about 90% of the time 

In his latest video, IHE suggests that Youtube shows preferential treatment to channels that get tons of hits without causing too many copyright headaches (even if they break other Youtube policies), because these channels generate revenue for them. So, a channel that is actually spammy and worthless and violates the rules but draws in tons of hits is more likely dodge bullets than channels like IHE.

I suspect he may be on to something there.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've been following this shit since the Cool Cat shitstorm, which is really what highlighted how incredibly broken Youtube is. It's becoming ever more apparent that the leaders of that site have been taking customer relations and site management lessons from a certain website with an affinity for furry culture.

I was rather surprised to see that the Nostalgia Critic got hit by this random (but serious to content creators on the site) wave of strikes, deletions, and suspensions for no reason, considering he does have a sizable set of channels.

Also I fucking hate react channels and the prank channels and wish they would piss off back into Satan's shit bowl.

• Like 3