At night

Wrecker

When you fall asleep, what are you thinking of? What thoughts do you reflect on or devise before you hand yourself off to sleep?

Were they from the day, were they from years ago, are they something you wish to happen in the future, or are they completely fictitious?

Maybe some crazy combination?

What's the story?

1 minute ago, Wrecker said:

When you fall asleep, what are you thinking of? What thoughts do you reflect on or devise before you hand yourself off to sleep?

Were they from the day, were they from years ago, are they something you wish to happen in the future, or are they completely fictitious?

Maybe some crazy combination?

What's the story?

All of those, sometimes literally.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Oh hell no, how do I answer this? Literally everything my brain wont shut up and it results in me being up for 30-60 or some more minutes before I actually so fall asleep

literally the exact same, sometimes i have a song stuck in my head and it just gets really damn annoying and i cant sleep which leads to me being up at 3 am like now >.<

Things become surreal as fall asleep. I occasionally trick myself into the dreamworld by imagining that the ocean is upside down mountains of yesterday, or something like that. It's also the main way I know that I'm dreaming. Once I realize that it's a dream, I can pretty much do whatever I want.

Songs I recently listened to play inside my head on repeat in a disjointed fashion.

I think about my current situation, and my action plan to get the exam grades I need.

I think about university, and what life will be like when I get there. I think about the things I'll do.

My mind casts forward to the next day, I'm reminded of the work I am still to complete to feel fulfilled.

Then repeat this list from the start. 

5 hours ago, Sutekh_the_Steak said:

Then as I get sleepier my thoughts go to other things and get weirder and weirder until I start dreaming.

This! 

I dont know how to describe the feeling of it. Its like thoughts gradually getting muddled and slipping out of conciousness. It happens outside of awareness but then I sometimes notice the weird thought slips and yank back into awareness, but almost immediately forget the weirdness of the thoughts that just happened

I tend to come up with really awesome ideas when I'm trying to fall asleep or even when I've just woken up and am not ready to get out of bed. Do I remember when I'm up and out of bed? Nope. Sometimes I think to grab my phone and jot down the smarts, but that's rare. My memory is horribad.

Bed time (and really any undistracted time) is also prime time for sad thoughts. If my brain isn't totally exhausted I can really fuck myself up getting lost in thoughts and ending up somewhere I don't want to be.

When I was a kid I used to play a story I made up over and over in my head, perfecting it along the way, and it gave me a lot of comfort and kept me distracted from sads, but it just makes me bored and sad for the most part anymore.

Sometimes I think about dreams I had that stick with me, whether recent or not. My dreams are always strange (sometimes very) but feel very realistic still, so it's hard to shake them sometimes. Some of them I want to continue just to see where they go because they weren't bad, just odd, but only once have I ended up continuing a dream the next night and it wasn't one I particularly wanted to continue...

Edited by Kinare

27 minutes ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

I think about how comfy I am with all the pillows and cushions around me, and the feel of the fur throw against my skin, and the cold air from outside washing over me and the fan cooling me off as well. I also often wish that I had someone to cuddle going to sleep.

That's easy.