Rant: German history repeating itself...

Käpt'n

53 minutes ago, Rhíulchabán said:

I'm laughing because no one in this thread fucking realized that all the shit happening with refugees in Europe right now is directly caused by the US and USSR dicking around in the middle east all throughout the cold war.

The middle east was pretty goddamn progressive, democratic and technological from the 1940s to 1960s, but the "superpowers" created so much instability by inciting coups, funding and arming terrorists, and supporting black markets that it's no wonder the whole fucking region collapsed. If you ever look at old photos of middle eastern countries, they were very western in appearance, women did not wear the traditional outfits in many places, and it was pretty nice. Unfortunately the most readily available groups for the imperialists to back were religious extremists.

Just like how America messed up all those central American countries by supporting the extremist political parties to gain power in the nation, leading to civil wars and economic disaster.

Or like how a lot of modern Africa's troubles still stem from the fallout of colonialism and Europeans drawing borders for countries without considering the impact.

The world is hurting, these refugees and Europeans are victims of world wide exploitation by both old and new Imperialists. I feel for all sides, it is unfortunate that this sort of pain has to continue onwards. People should realize however that none of this is "sudden" or "new." It's the fallout of many years of greed, power struggles and backroom dealings.

I don't support either side, from the hitleresque SS wannabees, to the raping and pillaging "refugees." If anything the only folks I support are the poor folks trapped in the middle on both sides, those who know they will die if deported and they are just looking for a new life, the poor women raped by foreigners on a street corner in her own city... the people being forced to pick one extreme side or another in a farcical black and white "choice" between being progressive and letting the refugees in or being a scared hateful bigot trying to keep them out.

It's all like a big joke with no punchline, each side just getting worse and worse until the whole joke collapses in on itself into divisive lines and violence.

well you see, if we took any part in the blame for the current world events, we wouldn't be able to keep up the 'us vs. them' narrative

that's basically what it comes down to

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

That said, I still don't want to let violent rapists into my country. Why should I be punished for the sins of the CIA and KGB?

Yet again you have not established this as a fact.  The evidence clearly shows that these refugees are no more prone to violence or crime then any other given individual.  This narrative of the refugees as a bunch of violent rapists is unfounded.

28 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

That said, I still don't want to let violent rapists into my country. Why should I be punished for the sins of the CIA and KGB?

Because the world isn't fair. They did not see this coming or simply did not care because their agenda was selfish

3 minutes ago, Rhíulchabán said:

Yeah, unfortunately people prefer simplistic dichotomies because they make their brains "hurt less" with dissonance, unfortunate psychological mechanisms! If people had to consider all the facts in every situation it would drive people insane and cause them to become frozen with indecision. Simple dichotomies allow people to function day to day, it takes a lot of effort for the brain to consider all facets of a situation... The problem is, the more you use a simple dichotomy the more your brain internalizes it as something you actually believe (even if you did put the effort in to think about the wider situation). Your brain becomes more trained to notice the simple dichotomy and ignore facts that go against it.

Imperialism 101: Never Admit You Did Anything... starring Winnie the Pooh!

10365807_707136679328102_273510425020023

This is very true. And I think with this topic in particular, since there's already that inclination towards anti-Islam, it's easier to latch onto these types of things and say 'I told you they were all bad!'

even though the majority of Refugees probably aren't doing anything 

2 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

News is not a simple cross section of reality, it a business that exist to gain readers by providing users with what they want to read. This means the frequency and number of stories on a given topic increase or decrease based on the people's interest in them. It goes in cycles, it under represent, it over represents.

News story frequency cannot be used to judge the pulse of reality.

You can find interactive maps on crime statistics for many places.

This is a dated map of crimes committed by "refugees" in europe

the crime committed by "refugees" didn't exist prior to them coming to europe

therefore, any crime committed by "refugees" is absolutely an increase in overall crime in europe

why is this so hard to understand

19 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

This is a dated map of crimes committed by "refugees" in europe

the crime committed by "refugees" didn't exist prior to them coming to europe

therefore, any crime committed by "refugees" is absolutely an increase in overall crime in europe

why is this so hard to understand

If that is indeed your point, then it adds nothing to your argument. If you are not saying that they commit more crimes per person than the native population, then you could only be arguing that the total number of crimes increase. This is nothing meaningful; that a natural consequence of a population increase of any kind. It is only significant if the percent of the population, otherwise it adds nothing to your argument against the increase of population.

You could say the same of a baby boom; the total number of crimes increase when the population increases. But, that'd be no reason to argue a one-child policy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rhíulchabán said:

I'm laughing because no one in this thread fucking realized that all the shit happening with refugees in Europe right now is directly caused by the US and USSR dicking around in the middle east all throughout the cold war.

I agree, that one apartheid state isn't helping matters either

• Like 1

>assimilation

A laughable impossibility. Why, for example, would some dude from India honestly throw away everything that he is and probably ever will be in order to be a counterfeit Englishmen? Are you serious? Deep down, the UK's "true" natives will never see that man as an authentic British citizen.

For shit's sake, the direct decedents of early European immigrants who came to North America to set up shop still haven't fused into some newfangled white ethnic collective.

And the fact that you have posters defending forced multiculturalism colonialism but simultaneously championing the case for the German people's entitlement to an ancestral homeland legitimately makes me wonder why I even bothered to initially take up the anti-Muslim banner on Europe's behalf in the first place.

This is the same tribalistic nonsense that has characterized humanity for innumerable millennia.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

If that is indeed your point, then it adds nothing to your argument. If you are not saying that they commit more crimes per person than the native population, then you could only be arguing that the total number of crimes increase. This is nothing meaningful; that a natural consequence of a population increase of any kind. It is only significant if the percent of the population, otherwise it adds nothing to your argument against the increase of population.

You could say the same of a baby boom; the total number of crimes increase when the population increases. But, that'd be no reason to argue a one-child policy.

Again babies don't rape anyone. 

You could double the population of a country in 18 months if everyone had some kids. 

Then the rate of crime would be cut in half because babies don't commit crime. 

You're hung up on stats that are meaningless. 

Refugees are raping people. That's reality. Deal with it. 

1 hour ago, #00Buck said:

Again babies don't rape anyone. 

You could double the population of a country in 18 months if everyone had some kids. 

Then the rate of crime would be cut in half because babies don't commit crime. 

I have no contention with those statements, neither regarding babies or refugees. I am not actually arguing anything except that: 1. The first statement I quoted him for overstated the importance of news and 2. The second statement I quoted him for was really contributing anything to his argument from a statistical point of view.. Your point about babies not committing crime is a fair point, as I failed to indicate "once they grow up" in my statement. Regardless, it is the right of the people of a nation to decide what is to be done with their nation, via legal processes including voting. I have no real opinion on the German election. I do support the current decision to take on refugees, but would respect a decision to change that as well.

Edited by DrGravitas
Adjusting and clarifying.

3 hours ago, #00Buck said:

Crime rate is far from a meaningless statistic and again you are making an argument with no points or evidence to back it up.  You just keep stating your conclusion as if it makes you right but without any premises to support it you are merely begging the question.

@Gamedog I finally got the source for the claim that 3/4 of the AfD voters voted for them to teach the other parties a lesson:

zdf9eslc.jpg

It's an infographic from the election coverage on ZDF, one of our big public channels for news and old people TV. The infographic was put together by the ZDF election research group: http://www.forschungsgruppe.de/Startseite/

The blue bar represents voters who voted for the AfD because they agree with their political agenda. The orange bar represents voters who voted for the AfD to teach the other parties a lesson (literal translation of "Denkzettel für andere Parteien").

• Like 1

I think the reason the refugee crisis gives rise to ring-wing extremists, is because of the dissatisfaction with how immigration is handled. On one side, you have the leftists wanting to help all they can, bring in everyone they can, yadayadayada. On the other side, you have the people seeing the effects and wants it to stop, because it is simply too much for the nation to handle. Then, as refugees come across the border making use of a nation's services and goods, some people will start to feel a disdain towards refugees, which is just what nationalist extremists need to gain momentum for their cause.

The price of Political Correctness gives the rise to Nationalism, it would seem.

13 minutes ago, Half-Note said:

The price of Political Correctness gives the rise to Nationalism, it would seem.

If it isn't done the right way, yes. I generally agree with the notion that it is our duty to help people in need, but we are kind of forgetting about our own problems and the problems of the EU.
We have homeless German people starving in the winter and freezing to death but the states are renting out entire apartment blocks to put refugees in there. That makes no sense!
And before the refugee crisis the financial crisis in Greece was the big topic. They desperate needed humanitarian aid, in some regions people were living in catastrophic conditions. The country is pretty much bankrupt.  But once the refugees started to come in they dropped Greece like a hot potatoe! Refugees started to poor into this country that couldn't even survived on its own but they were expected to handle that despite their own gigantic issues.

What could have gone wrong did go wrong. And now the people are starting to vote for closet-nazis just to spite the government. Because that's what the AfD are.

Edited by Käpt'n
  • Like 1

The "closet nazis" are the ones who are outraged that "refugees" are being housed before homeless German citizens 

they're not your enemy

5 hours ago, Derin Darkpaw said:

Crime rate is far from a meaningless statistic and again you are making an argument with no points or evidence to back it up.  You just keep stating your conclusion as if it makes you right but without any premises to support it you are merely begging the question.

There is literally no point in taking to you because you've got both rose coloured glasses AND blinders strapped om

its an amazing sight to see

8 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

The "closet nazis" are the ones who are outraged that "refugees" are being housed before homeless German citizens 

they're not your enemy

Their spokesperson wants refugees who resist at the border to be shot. People who make claims like that are most definitely my enemy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Käpt'n said:

If it isn't done the right way, yes. I generally agree with the notion that it is our duty to help people in need, but we are kind of forgetting about our own problems and the problems of the EU.
We have homeless German people starving in the winter and freezing to death but the states are renting out entire apartment blocks to put refugees in there. That makes no sense!
And before the refugee crisis the financial crisis in Greece was the big topic. They desperate needed humanitarian aid, in some regions people were living in catastrophic conditions. The country is pretty much bankrupt.  But once the refugees started to come in they dropped Greece like a hot potatoe! Refugees started to poor into this country that couldn't even survived on its own but they were expected to handle that despite their own gigantic issues.

What could have gone wrong did go wrong. And now the people are starting to vote for closet-nazis just to spite the government. Because that's what the AfD are.

You are correct, and lets not forget that the leadership of Germany and other European countries would've known full well what they would be in for if they let large numbers of refugees/immigrants through (see Macedonia & Kosovo for examples).

Despite the obvious problems with refugees/immigrants in other parts of Europe and EU's economic woes they let in the immigrants anyway.

Now we have the predictable outcome of the masses shifting their attention away from issues such as Greece, Italian and German banks and right-wing authoritarian parties gaining popularity.

It's interesting how the people who stand to gain from this debacle are those who want to put in more draconian laws and distract European citizens from their economic woes at the same time.

4 hours ago, Gamedog said:

There is literally no point in taking to you because you've got both rose coloured glasses AND blinders strapped om

its an amazing sight to see

On the contrary I seem to be the only person in this thread(Between myself and the people I am arguing against) willing to change their opinion to coincide with the evidence of the issue.  People asked me for evidence for my position and I searched and provided it.  Then said evidence is dismissed offhand.  I ask for evidence to the contrary and I am met with incredulity.

Look you want to prove me wrong and get me to shut up its real easy and I am going to tell you exactly how to do it.  Provide non-anecdotal evidence demonstrating that these refugees are more likely to commit crime then the already present population of Europe.  Show me, again without relying on anecdote, that there actually is an epidemic of rape occurring.  If you, if anyone, could do that then I would concede this case.

Really look at your own arguments and think about what it would take for them to be proven wrong.  Because if that answer is nothing then all you are left with is dogma and rhetoric and I think most reasonable people would agree that someone shouldn't be sentenced to die based merely on an individuals personal belief system.

5 hours ago, Käpt'n said:

I understand where you are coming from by saying that Germany and the EU have their own problem and frankly I agree that people shouldn't be left to starve or be homeless in any developed nation.  Homelessness and starvation within are own countries are serious issues that need to be addressed, but they might be a little more complicated and difficult to solve.  Asking why a person given that they are a native language speaker, provided with the relevant education by the state, and have direct access to family members within the country, among other possible considerations, despite that however they end up homeless implies that it is a complicated issue that is probably a little more difficult to solve.  Contrast that with the refugees where the problem is relatively simple and direct.  They don't have a home or job because they were forced to flee another country so the solution seems simpler.  Again though I want to say I agree that we, as in every developed country, should be doing more to take care of our own citizens.

As a solution I would like to see is if we could spread out the refugees and send them to countries based on that countries ability to handle a certain number of refugees.  I for one would like to see my country, the USA, doing more to take in and provide for a larger number of refugees.  If we spread the burden around it would be much more reasonable for this situation to be handled, but instead right now we are putting the greatest burden on some of the poorest nations.  As for the issue with Greece it would probably help if we repealed the part of the Dublin Regulation that requires asylum seekers to stay in the first EU country they enter.  This puts inordinate strain on the border nations of the EU while the countries not at the border benefit disproportionately from this law.

Crisis such as this test our resolve and ability as a people, a nation, and a world.  The solutions won't be easy and it may require sacrifices from all of us, but we can choose to stand up and save lives or simply sit back and watch as people die.

1 hour ago, Gamedog said:

"Resist"? Explain

brcause "resist" to me could mean violent riots 

She was very vague about it. She simply said that to protect the borders at any costs lethal force should be an option to keep out illegal immigrants and refugees.

10 hours ago, Käpt'n said:

She was very vague about it. She simply said that to protect the borders at any costs lethal force should be an option to keep out illegal immigrants and refugees.

I agree

Ive seen these people attack and break into semi-trucks just trying to do their jobs.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-12/we-have-never-seen-anything-swedes-stunned-unreal-surge-refugee-sex-attacks

Im trying to find the map of attacks, I think it might have been from tumblr

gonna keep looking

2 hours ago, Gamedog said:

I agree

Ive seen these people attack and break into semi-trucks just trying to do their jobs.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-12/we-have-never-seen-anything-swedes-stunned-unreal-surge-refugee-sex-attacks

Im trying to find the map of attacks, I think it might have been from tumblr

gonna keep looking

Did you note in the article how none of the attacks were actually attributable to Syrian refugees.  From the very article you provided we get this quote.

"Officers are confident they will catch the perpetrators and say victims claim their attackers were of 'foreign origin'.
So far only one man, whose nationality is unknown, has been arrested."

Yes these attacks happened after a refugee center opened up nearby but as the saying goes correlation does not equal causation.  Just because two events happened at similar points in time does not mean that one event directly lead to the other.

Also its unfortunate and terrible that these clusters of events are happening to this small town, but its important to understand that you occasionally get statistical outliers where you see unusual clusters of similar events.  You see similar phenomena happen in medicine all the time.  Sometimes certain geographic areas just have bizarre clusters of the same case of cancer and while that is good indication of where to start research there is the very real possibly that despite it being highly statistically unlikely it could just have occurred at random without any outside impetus.  This is why its important that while we notice and attempt to address the problem that is happening with greater frequency in these small locations we must strive to not lose sight of the bigger picture.

It later goes on to discuss who they are. You're trying your damn hardest to not admit there is a problem and it's sad 

swedes are telling you that girls can't go out after 8pm or men of "foreign origin", who are later described as being middle eastern -- in northern SWEDEN -- will rape them.

and you deny it 

I'll try and find the map today after work. It's all attacks confirmed by refugees and it's amazing

Small town in northern Sweden

town opens up refugee center

string of rapes by men of "foreign origin" occur so bad that curfews are advised

derin: this is completely normal and nothing is out of the ordinary. These are swedes being swedes

Edited by Gamedog

9 hours ago, Gamedog said:

It later goes on to discuss who they are. You're trying your damn hardest to not admit there is a problem and it's sad 

swedes are telling you that girls can't go out after 8pm or men of "foreign origin", who are later described as being middle eastern -- in northern SWEDEN -- will rape them.

and you deny it 

I'll try and find the map today after work. It's all attacks confirmed by refugees and it's amazing

Small town in northern Sweden

town opens up refugee center

string of rapes by men of "foreign origin" occur so bad that curfews are advised

derin: this is completely normal and nothing is out of the ordinary. These are swedes being swedes

I never said it was normal I am just saying there is no proof that it is the refugees.  You are just jumping to conclusion to justify your own biases.  Also I was pointing out that this is only one town and while horrendously unfortunate even if all of those attacks were performed by refugees it would still in no way be indicative of the refugees being more likely to commit crime.  For that to be true we would need to see a similar number of cases, proven to be done by these refugees, occurring at a frequency higher then expected among the the general population.

1 hour ago, Derin Darkpaw said:

I never said it was normal I am just saying there is no proof that it is the refugees.  You are just jumping to conclusion to justify your own biases.  Also I was pointing out that this is only one town and while horrendously unfortunate even if all of those attacks were performed by refugees it would still in no way be indicative of the refugees being more likely to commit crime.  For that to be true we would need to see a similar number of cases, proven to be done by these refugees, occurring at a frequency higher then expected among the the general population.

Like in Germany? 

This isn't about bias. People are getting beaten up, robbed, and raped. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, #00Buck said:

Like in Germany? 

This isn't about bias. People are getting beaten up, robbed, and raped. 

Yeah like in Germany were the evidence shows that the refugees aren't any more likely to commit crime.

4 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

It's NOT just one town, it's MANY across NUMEROUS countries.

Again it would have to be at rate greater then expected for the given population.

5 minutes ago, Derin Darkpaw said:

Yeah like in Germany were the evidence shows that the refugees aren't any more likely to commit crime.

Again it would have to be at rate greater then expected for the given population.

To you everything is an isolated incident even when there is a pattern and multiple occurrences. 

• Like 1

Just now, #00Buck said:

To you everything is an isolated incident even when there is a pattern and multiple occurrences. 

No I just see that the best current evidence shows me that the refugees are no more likely to commit crime then the general population.  So until such a time as stronger evidence is provided or the current best evidence is debunked the most reasonable deduction is to side with said current evidence. 

Like I keep asking show me evidence that these refugees are more likely to commit crime.  Yet despite constantly asking for this you are routinely incapable of providing ANY supporting evidence for your viewpoint.  Hell you could at least try to debunk the evidence I provided, but so far you haven't even attempted to engage it.

6 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

This is what happens when you try to "debate" someone who refuses to challenge their own viewpoint in any capacity.

On the contrary I intend to seriously read and review every article and piece of evidence brought up that may be counter to my current conclusion.  I took the time to read every word in the article Gamedog posted and will continue to put that same effort.

On the flipside how many of you even took 6 minutes to watch the video I posted?

18 minutes ago, Derin Darkpaw said:

No I just see that the best current evidence shows me that the refugees are no more likely to commit crime then the general population.  So until such a time as stronger evidence is provided or the current best evidence is debunked the most reasonable deduction is to side with said current evidence. 

Like I keep asking show me evidence that these refugees are more likely to commit crime.  Yet despite constantly asking for this you are routinely incapable of providing ANY supporting evidence for your viewpoint.  Hell you could at least try to debunk the evidence I provided, but so far you haven't even attempted to engage it.

On the contrary I intend to seriously read and review every article and piece of evidence brought up that may be counter to my current conclusion.  I took the time to read every word in the article Gamedog posted and will continue to put that same effort.

On the flipside how many of you even took 6 minutes to watch the video I posted?

Blah Blah Blah...

Whatever. Enjoy ignoring reality. 

51 minutes ago, Derin Darkpaw said:

That was posted long after I stopped caring about this thread. Sorry broski.

• Like 1

I DID post evidence. If a "surge" of attacks occur in Sweden by men of "foreign origin" where before, the women WERENT told to stay indoors after 8PM, that means that there is absolutely an increase in crime where there wasn't before.

look at it this way, because I feel you're having difficulty admitting there is a problem due to your own bias:

toronto is a city with many people. Suddenly, Toronto newspaper start reporting a "surge" (their words) in attacks by people and recommend people to stay indoors at night or they risk being attacked. Toronto was never before expected to stay indoors before 8PM because of attacks or we would have heard about this curfew years ago, just like we do with Chicago and their constant shootouts lol

we discover that all of the attacks are extremely similar in style, they have all been reported as being done by people wearing red hats. Just a few months ago the mayor of Toronto has publicly stated that he will be letting in 100,000 People who always wear red hats 

you still stand here and believe that this problem with people attacking is normal and there is no increase in attacks, you completely deny there being s problem.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

we discover that all of the attacks are extremely similar in style, they have all been reported as being done by people wearing red hats. Just a few months ago the mayor of Toronto has publicly stated that he will be letting in 100,000 People who always wear red hats

yeah, fuck the moroccans

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gamedog said:

swfs.jpg

Also: Municipal leaders such as mayors have no say over immigration of any kind what so ever.  But it's cool, the basic function of Canada's Federal, Provincial, and Municipal governments and where they do and do not have authority is something you were supposed to learn in 9th grade Civics class, so it's understandable that you don't know it.

Edited by AshleyAshes

35 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

swfs.jpg

Also: Municipal leaders such as mayors have no say over immigration of any kind what so ever.  But it's cool, the basic function of Canada's Federal, Provincial, and Municipal governments and where they do and do not have authority is something you were supposed to learn in 9th grade Civics class, so it's understandable that you don't know it.

He made an analogy, as much as he suffers the diaper-problem (full of ****),  that in the analogy he gives the mayor more power than he has isn't bull (for a change).

5 hours ago, Gamedog said:

I DID post evidence. If a "surge" of attacks occur in Sweden by men of "foreign origin" where before, the women WERENT told to stay indoors after 8PM, that means that there is absolutely an increase in crime where there wasn't before.

look at it this way, because I feel you're having difficulty admitting there is a problem due to your own bias:

toronto is a city with many people. Suddenly, Toronto newspaper start reporting a "surge" (their words) in attacks by people and recommend people to stay indoors at night or they risk being attacked. Toronto was never before expected to stay indoors before 8PM because of attacks or we would have heard about this curfew years ago, just like we do with Chicago and their constant shootouts lol

you still stand here and believe that this problem with people attacking is normal and there is no increase in attacks, you completely deny there being s problem.

Actually we had an actual terror attack the other day in Toronto. 

Two soldiers got stabbed at the recruiting centre by a guy who said "allah told me to kill them."

The newspapers won't call it terrorism but that's exactly what it was. 

4 hours ago, Gamedog said:

A FEZ IS MOT A FUCKING HAT, ITS AN UPSIDE DOWN SOLO CUP

An upside down solo cup is also a hat if one is drunk enough.

Actually we had an actual terror attack the other day in Toronto. 

Two soldiers got stabbed at the recruiting centre by a guy who said "allah told me to kill them."

The newspapers won't call it terrorism but that's exactly what it was. 

It's too small an attack for most people. Technically sure, but in practice the word 'terrorism' evokes images of an attack at a much larger scale.

Edited by PastryOfApathy

5 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

An upside down solo cup is also a hat if one is drunk enough.

It's too small an attack for most people. Technically sure, but in practice the word 'terrorism' evokes images of an attack at a much larger scale.

I'm sure it was large and scary enough for the guys who got stabbed.

It happened just down the street in my part of town.