All these new mods

MissFleece

7 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

All I'm gonna say is that no matter how new mods are chosen, it's going to be a circlejerk regardless.

That said making it a 100% transparent 'election' will get people to stop bitching, so that means this is objectively the superior way of doing this.

Election rhymes with Erection. 

This is why democracy is great. 

It also explains why democracy was invented by the ancient greeks. 

Edited by #00Buck

Dear Nerds,

Most things in life are popularity contests.because humans seek to empower those who they believe can most competently represent their values as opposed to those who can't.

This isn't middle school student government, your popularity isn't a function of your looks, parent's social status, or how many girls want to bone you. It's a reflection of the content and ideas you express on phoenix dot corvidae dot org. There is little reason that a popular member of the furrums would not be in a good position to best serve the interests of the users.

That said, Zara for Forum Monarch 2k16.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

Dear Nerds,

Most things in life are popularity contests.because humans seek to empower those who they believe can most competently represent their values as opposed to those who can't.

This isn't middle school student government, your popularity isn't a function of your looks, parent's social status, or how many girls want to bone you. It's a reflection of the content and ideas you express on phoenix dot corvidae dot org. There is little reason that a popular member of the furrums would not be in a good position to best serve the interests of the users.

This guy will get the gay vote for sure. 

18 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

Dear Nerds,

I agree with everything except that last part.

#Pasty2016 I will make phoenix great again!

42 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

I agree with everything except that last part.

#Pasty2016 I will make phoenix great again!

You will totally get the rat vagina vote.

31 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

Vote for me and I'll make processes too complicated for anything to ever get done. If the mods can't do anything, they can't do anything to you!

Pffft! You said voting was a terrible idea. 

No votes for you.

1 hour ago, Zaraphayx said:

Dear Nerds,

Nice speech, dork, but there lays the problem. Anyone can choose another based on their social status, or even their content and ideas. But unless you have some prior experience to fill the position, then you are not suitable for the job. It's the equivalent of asking for a job in the workplace that requires prior training, no one wants to hire someone that doesn't know what they're doing.       

Edited by Mr. Fox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Nice speech, dork, but there lays the problem. Anyone can choose another based on their social status, or even their content and ideas. But unless you have some prior experience to fill the position, then you are not suitable for the job. It's the equivalent of asking for a job in the workplace that requires prior training, no one wants to hire someone that doesn't know what they're doing.       

In Canada we elected a snowboard instructor and substitute drama teacher Prime Minister.

Your argument is invalid. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

It isn't a restricted Prime Ministership. 

He's going full retard with no safeties. 

Let me reiterate: would you prefer new staff to be on a trial period with restricted access to what they can do? Or how would you go about it? 

11 minutes ago, 6tails said:

I dunno, I'm the person that sits on the side of WAY TOO MUCH experience, starting back in the BBS heyday.

Would you rather someone with to much experience or too little? If you think you could, or want to do the job then put your name in. Who knows, you might surprise everyone, including yourself.

Edited by Mr. Fox

Just now, Mr. Fox said:

Let me reiterate: would you prefer new staff to be on a trial period with restricted access to what they can do? Or how would you go about it? 

Would you rather someone to much experience or too little? If you think you could, or want to do the job then put your name in. Who knows, you surprise everyone, including yourself.

We have an old saying in Canada

"Just give er!"

7 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

We have an old saying in Canada

"Just give er!"

That and "fuck ya, she'll go"

This thread is hilarious, it's a small furry community of < 730 members, how can it be such a fuck around about who's who with the mods?

I haven't really noticed anything too crazy happening around here, what's wrong with what's being done right now? I could also give a fuck less about who's added to the mod team, seems like there's a bunch of decent people around here, and I'd be surprised if whoever jumps on board goes out to lunch doing - whatever stupid shit there is to be worried about.

It's not like this place is going to turn into North Korea with a few new people with Moderators under their avatar.

Fuck it, make everybody a mod so we can just ban the fuck out of each other.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 6tails said:

My name is in, but it's not exactly for a moderator position, though that task ends up being more secondary to the primary job I'm being considered for.

So another admin with some more backend access. Sounds good.

1 minute ago, Wrecker said:

Fuck it, make everybody a mod so we can just ban the fuck out of each other.

That might be the best idea, ever. :v

9 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Yes as we all know it takes a lot of experience and expertise to moderate a forum community with an average of like 50 posts a day.

-BZZT-

Yet another example of why disagreeing with me is always bad.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

Yet another example of why disagreeing with me is always bad.

I thought it was because you're gay. :v

But you being gay and this website getting low traffic on a daily basis is besides the point.

Regardless, despite what I think you can always click that x button, change to another site or whatever.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I thought it was because you're gay. :v

But you being gay and this website getting low traffic on a daily basis is besides the point.

Regardless, despite what I think you can always click that x button, change to another site or whatever.

You're right, we should all just run away and avoid everything that we don't like, striving to better ourselves and our environment is for losers.

Wait, what's the opposite of right?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

You're right, we should all just run away and avoid everything that we don't like, striving to better ourselves and our environment is for losers.

Wait, what's the opposite of right?

Well why not? You're essentially implying that because this site gets so little traffic that extra effort or experience doesn't matter. Doesn't leave much room for change now does it.

Edited by Mr. Fox

3 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Well why not? You're essentially implying that because this site gets so little traffic that extra effort doesn't matter.

No, I implied that requiring experience as a moderator to mod a forum this small is ridiculous.

Forums like these are where people learn how to moderate on real sites where there's a high volume of posting going on and you're expected to be able to exercise good judgment independently without convening the Ent Moot in Skype every time someone writes something questionably rule-breaking.

This is all besides the point anyway because the only "skills" needed to be a mod are the ability to discern what is a spam bot/obvious bad troll, and enough familiarity with the board's culture to know when a post was out of line.

I trust a person who is popular among users to know what's okay and what isn't over some random newcomer who has a decade of experience moderating internet nerd forums.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, FlynnCoyote said:

Wait do we also have to be gay to mod? Damn.

You also need to be orange-skinned, a ginger, posses at least three arms, no more than two legs, be able to hold your breath for more than 30 seconds, own or have owned in the past a Chevy product, and not eat lagomorphs of any kind.

Looks like you're SoL.

3 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

You also need to be orange-skinned, a ginger, posses at least three arms, no more than two legs, be able to hold your breath for more than 30 seconds, own or have owned in the past a Chevy product, and not eat lagomorphs of any kind.

Looks like you're SoL.

This is deliberately skewed against cis coyotes.

2 minutes ago, FlynnCoyote said:

This is deliberately skewed against cis coyotes.

Not at all! Just don't eat your natural and most abundant source of food, and ignore any personal preferences or sexual preference.

Okay so maybe a teensy bit skewed.

Just a bit.

I've got to say that the moderation at fur affinity proper is now better than phoenix. 

The phoenix team mocked fur affinity because they were attacked by spam robots, but then failed to anticipate and deal with the same sort of attack themselves. They should have seen this coming, given that so many people were advertising phoenix on fur affinity. They were literally saying 'hey, here's a site to spam' to the robots. 

The phoenix team also tends to act aloof and condescending, compared to the fur affinity team, who actually admitted their mistakes when I contacted them. The phoenix team, by contrast, staged a vote to ban everybody under 18, and threatened to remove all traces of discussion that allude to sex...but then were entirely fine with devilish's thread that embedded narrated videos of people fantasising about molesting dogs. They were even entirely fine with him, when he began publishing videos of narrated sexual fantasies from users who had criticised him.

I am not certain, 'more mods' is a solution, because even more cooks spoiling the broth isn't guaranteed to solve anything. The last thing I'd want is for the staff to hire a bunch of sanctimonious busy bodies who are more concerned with rude words than actually rebutting spam. 

21 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I've got to say that the moderation at fur affinity proper is now better than phoenix. 

The phoenix team mocked fur affinity because they were attacked by spam robots, but then failed to anticipate and deal with the same sort of attack themselves. They should have seen this coming, given that so many people were advertising phoenix on fur affinity. They were literally saying 'hey, here's a site to spam' to the robots. 

The phoenix team also tends to act aloof and condescending, compared to the fur affinity team, who actually admitted their mistakes when I contacted them. The phoenix team, by contrast, staged a vote to ban everybody under 18, and threatened to remove all traces of discussion that allude to sex...but then were entirely fine with devilish's thread that embedded narrated videos of people fantasising about molesting dogs. They were even entirely fine with him, when he began publishing videos of narrated sexual fantasies from users who had criticised him.

I am not certain, 'more mods' is a solution, because even more cooks spoiling the broth isn't guaranteed to solve anything. The last thing I'd want is for the staff to hire a bunch of sanctimonious busy bodies who are more concerned with rude words than actually rebutting spam. 

The spam problem was way worse at FA. They've had multiple instances, with the one taking four whole days to resolve. We've had just ONE; the spammer was blocked within ONLY 20 MINUTES of the first spamthread, and the offending threads were removed within 90 minutes. I watched the whole thing; I know what happened. That's really not a bad response time at all, considering it was our first large-scale attack and several mods were even busy at the time. It was dumb to fault the mods on it then, and it dumb to fault them on it now. 

Also, if @DevilishlyHandsome49's videos are fine to be shown without an NSFW tag according to YouTube's standards as an open-to-the-public site, then they are fine here also. Any objection would only be personal outrage. 

Edited by Endless/Nameless
Spelling
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

The spam problem was way worse at FA. They've had multiple instances, with the one taking four whole days to resolve. We've had just ONE; the spammer was blocked within ONLY 20 MINUTES of the first spamthread, and the offending threads were removed within 90 minutes. I watched the whole thing; I know what happened. That's really not a bad response time at all, considering it was our first large-scale attack and several mods were even busy at the time. It was dumb to fault the mods on it then, and it dumb to fault them on it now. 

Also, if @DevilishlyHandsome49's videos are fine to be shown without an NSFW tag according to YouTube's standards as an open-to-the-public site, then they are fine here also. Any objection would only be personal outrage. 

They're not. Youtube is shit at enforcing it's own rules, as detailed by Grade under A's video: 

Since I was mentioned, regarding my videos... @Saxon

MjAxMy03MjVkNTAzODg2ZDYxOGEy.png

Have we not gone over this in length on my thread? I'm not gonna bring the whole debate here. If you want, we can talk about it more there. Hell, I may even repeat myself (which I rarely ever do) just so it can get it through your head.

I really, REALLY don't want this..petty dispute between us over something as silly as my vids. I have enough people in my life that I'm sick of. I'd like to tolerate you.

23 minutes ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

Since I was mentioned, regarding my videos... @Saxon

Have we not gone over this in length on my thread? I'm not gonna bring the whole debate here. If you want, we can talk about it more there. Hell, I may even repeat myself (which I rarely ever do) just so it can get it through your head.

I really, REALLY don't want this..petty dispute between us over something as silly as my vids. I have enough people in my life that I'm sick of. I'd like to tolerate you.

If you want this over then take me out of your videos. 

Who cares. 

>> Makes argument

>> Loses argument spectacularly

>> 'Who cares?' 

Edited by Saxon

7 minutes ago, Saxon said:

If you want this over then take me out of your videos. 

Yeah...thats not happening. See, the comment you left on my thread (which you deleted) you not only admitted to being in that video but added to it by saying the guy spanked you in RL for 5 hours. At that point, you won. I thought you wouldnt be able to handle the joke and you proved me wrong. I thought maybe...just maybe you were understanding it was all in fun. Sucks that I was wrong 

And on your statement earlier about me putting someone who critiqued me, in that video; you would have been in it even if I never even knew your name.

Wanna talk more about this? My thread or PM. Your choice, cause I don't want this thread derailed by our back and forth.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

Yeah...thats not happening. See, the comment you left on my thread (which you deleted) you not only admitted to being in that video but added to it by saying the guy spanked you in RL for 5 hours. At that point, you won. I thought you wouldnt be able to handle the joke and you proved me wrong. I thought maybe...just maybe you were understanding it was all in fun. Sucks that I was wrong 

And on your statement earlier about me putting someone who critiqued me, in that video; you would have been in it even if I never even knew your name.

Wanna talk more about this? My thread or PM. Your choice, cause I don't want this thread derailed by our back and forth.

I didn't mind the comment at first, but then it did start to bother me because I realised that you included me because you wanted to be vexatious. 

You had previously defended your videos by saying that everybody was cool with being included and that they were all anonymous, but that's obviously not true if you include people, whose identity everybody knows, because you hope to upset them for your entertainment, is it? 

Just now, 6tails said:

So, you admit your mental weakness by saying "I don't care, but I really do fucking care."

Bravo.

Obviously it exposed an emotional weakness; I deleted over half my content because I increasingly felt that, having not hidden that part of myself, that nobody on the forums actually liked any of my content or valued any of my contributions to the forum and that they had all been laughing about me behind my back this whole time. 

3 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Obviously it exposed an emotional weakness; I deleted over half my content because I increasingly felt that, having not hidden that part of myself, that nobody on the forums actually liked any of my content or valued any of my contributions to the forum and that they had all been laughing about me behind my back this whole time. 

Welcome to Limbo, friend.