Existentialism sucks

FlynnCoyote

But I guess that's what I get for staying in and drinking alone on a friday night. I should be sleeping.

But what if I'm trapped and just two good thoughts away from breaking reality and stepping into an omnidirectional timeline where I can see everyone I've lost again? If I give up and sleep now I could lose all the progress I might be making.

1 hour ago, FlynnCoyote said:

But I guess that's what I get for staying in and drinking alone on a friday night. I should be sleeping.

But what if I'm trapped and just two good thoughts away from breaking reality and stepping into an omnidirectional timeline where I can see everyone I've lost again? If I give up and sleep now I could lose all the progress I might be making.

Major Interstellar spoilers below. Proceed at won risk!

[spoiler/]

26 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Here, Hux. I like you. This will hep you. He won the Pulitzer Prize, even..3 minutes, maybe?

Life, Friends, Is Boring.

This helped me greatly. It's nice to see a man as incoherent as myself.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Amiir said:

Major Interstellar spoilers below. Proceed at won risk!

Reveal hidden contents

Does this mean I won?

Also this is a fairly simply solved issue. I'm here to enjoy myself. If I find a cause I like I'll dedicate myself to it. If it feels right to help someone I will. Whatever happens happens, I'm just here for the ride. 

11 hours ago, Lucyfish said:

This is why I stopped doing acid lol

What Ive learned is its best not to keep asking "Why are we doing this?" Over and over again and simply just roll around in blankets and stare at ceilings and pet cats for the sheer stupor and good feelings of it

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 6tails said:

That would be a rejection of all morals and religious principles. I have morals.

That is only moral nihilism you are thinking of (there are other forms) and you are incorrect about what a moral nihilist is. A moral nihilist rejects the idea that morality is something that intrinsically exists in the world and rather views it as something constructed by a particular group or society. This in no way means a moral nihilist rejects morality or religion, and most real moral nihilists don't do this, but instead build their own ideas of morality. The reason that you have this idea of nihilism is probably from the most visible sect of "nihilists"; angsty kids and young adults who misuse the ideas to justify their own immorality (much like these same people often misuse Nietzsche in a similar way).

Nihilism and Fatalism are very different things however; Nihilism argues that life is without intrinsic meaning, value, or purpose, while Fatalism argues that the occurrence of events are predetermined and we have no power to influence future events (these are general definitions, as both have some variants).

10 minutes ago, 6tails said:

What I'm saying is there's no point in really stressing out over everything in life. It's not going to matter anyways when you're dead. Having known the peace of death, all the bullshit, all the drama, none of it matters. So I just enjoy it in my various ways, and do as I will by my own code. Because in the end, everything's going to become dust. All these monuments, all these awards, all the history, not one bit of it will matter much in the long run. Sure, it's interesting to study and learn from now, but it's still ultimately futile. There's no living forever, thermodynamics makes that pretty clear.

That's much closer to nihilism that fatalism, actually... well existential nihilism at least. Not trying to be pedantic here, just pointing it out, and i actually mostly agree with you on your view of life as stated here.

I fully intend to live forever. 

It won't happen, but I'm planning on it anyway. The alternative is planning for death, and fuck that. 

I guess I could just not plan at all, but two years of living that way was so unbelievably depressing I almost didn't reach the age of 22. :/

12 hours ago, Xaende said:

2409667920ccba881031d50561f94287.jpg

I actually used to have a friend who was a JW without me knowing. Besties. I knew him for just over a year. Then he broke the news that he was a Jehovah's Witness, and his father wanted him to stop involving himself with people outside their church.

I pulled out all the stops to convince him their religion was a corrupt scam full of lies and coverups, and he pulled out all the stops to convert me. What followed were a couple of the most distressing weeks of my life, and our friendship ended on the most horrible terms possible as we both tried our best to preserve it in our own way.

The last time a pair of these cunts showed up at my door, I wanted so badly to stab them both in the eye. In researching the group in my failed attempts to save my former friend, I found out that the upper echelons of the group are some of the most vile motherfuckers on Earth, and the organization in general is every bit as corrupt as the Catholic church. Look up testimonies from former members of the JW and be prepared to cry.

Practicing this religion is actually outlawed in parts of the western world. .