Regular people are happier

Nova

So i thought about something and watched videos and noticed that people that dont have tons of money and arent popular have a happier life then celebrities.

There are some reason. 

Celebrities dont have any privacy, they are kinda always watched and when something happens about them its around the whole world. And it would suck if i was a celeb and they would find out that i played with barbies as child but i dont care.

Also it seems like many celebrities are  mostly together with other celebs or hangout with them and distance themselfes from us regular people.

It also seems like money makes you drug addicted and you die a horrible death.

Popularity cause you too corrupt too and die a horrible (sparkly)death.

I always wished to be famous and travel around tge world but i want to be with my family and i would wish for more orchids. :P

So that shows the less money and popularity you have=the more happy are you.

Guys please dont throw your money because of this. It only affects jerks.

• Like 4

Being famous is kind of awful, sadly. On the one hand its nice to have your hard work loved and appreciated (+money)...but at the same time...you end up being put on a pedestal as an above human image for it. 

If I were famous, Id like to be anony-famous, take up a pseudonym and have my masterfully crafted work under some pen name that the word can leer over, but my identity itself kept secret until I die. Then maybe then the world will know of WolfNight, real name Val and awe and gawk when Im too dead to really care how its going to affect my life.

• Like 1

Kind of why I revere Terry Crews so much. He seems so jovial and much more personable than most celebrities based on the stuff I've seen him do like his artistic passion and how he interacts with his family and audience. He seems about as regular as a person can get.

Someone told me about a music career once, that "if you want a family this isn't the way to keep one." I don't think it is necessarily fame or money itself, but maybe the situation that comes with it.

I am convinced you can find happiness in any situation, though some distractions are more difficult to work around. Still, they are only distractions.

7 minutes ago, Gator said:

if money and friends equal misery, then just call me the pope of happytown.  :'>

you know, i was just about to ask to be your friend... but i really don't want you to lose your status as pope so i guess i wont

• Like 1

I read somewhere that people are happiest when they have just enough money to not worry about it. Being extremely poor or extremely rich, on the other hand, is often stressful.

On 7/29/2016 at 2:24 PM, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Being famous is kind of awful, sadly. On the one hand its nice to have your hard work loved and appreciated (+money)...but at the same time...you end up being put on a pedestal as an above human image for it. 

If I were famous, Id like to be anony-famous, take up a pseudonym and have my masterfully crafted work under some pen name that the word can leer over, but my identity itself kept secret until I die. Then maybe then the world will know of WolfNight, real name Val and awe and gawk when Im too dead to really care how its going to affect my life.

Agreed. Being famous and recognizable sounds like too much pressure. I'd probably find a little anonymous house in the countryside, and quietly live out the rest of my days with my menagerie and significant other.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xaende said:

I read somewhere that people are happiest when they have just enough money to not worry about it. Being extremely poor or extremely rich, on the other hand, is often stressful.

Agreed. Being famous and recognizable like too much pressure. I'd probably find a little anonymous house in the countryside, and quietly live out the rest of my days with my menagerie and significant other.

yeah if i was a multimillionaire i wouldn't live in a mansion or penthouse (probably). i think i really prefer quiet suburban homes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JegoLego said:

yeah if i was a multimillionaire i wouldn't live in a mansion or penthouse (probably). i think i really prefer quiet suburban homes.

Yeah, if I won the lottery or something I'd live modestly and tell nobody. I'm pretty reserved, so having people swarming at me for money or whatever the hell would be the worst. Plus, I'm already a bit conservative with how I spend my money anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pothocket said:

Yeah, if I won the lottery or something I'd live modestly and tell nobody. I'm pretty reserved, so having people swarming at me for money or whatever the hell would be the worst. Plus, I'm already a bit conservative with how I spend my money anyway.

Have you seen the movie Waking Ned? It's kinda about that, plus it's a really good movie.

2 minutes ago, JegoLego said:

Have you seen the movie Waking Ned? It's kinda about that, plus it's a really good movie.

Nope, but it seems cool. I'll check it out sometime.

There was actually a reddit post with stories about unfortunate lottery winners, complete with advice about what you should do if you do win. Really interesting stuff.

• Like 1

The Beatles have the answer. 

Say you don't need no diamond ring and I'll be satisfied
Tell me that you want the kind of thing that money just can't buy
I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love

Now give me money (that's what I want)
That's what I want (that's what I want)
That's what I want (that's what I want) yeah
That's what I want

I hope that clears things up. :^)