Milo Yiannopoulos fursona.

#00Buck

2 minutes ago, Another Ampers& said:

I believe anyone who thinks I shouldn't be allowed to use public washrooms is a fundamentally nasty person, yes

and germany has actually done a lot to recognize its awful legacy and has even outlawed nazism so I don't understand this comparison

but also why 2200 do you think white colonialism was 300 years ago that you're pulling that comparison because like you know white colonialism was actually happening at the same time as the holocaust right

I always thought that Tumblr this powerful was a myth, a rhetorical abstraction conjured up by quivering neckbeards desperate to make an excuse for why they're too awkward to talk to girls.

But it's real, it's real and it's right here at my feet.

Christmas just came came 3 months early.

schemingdog.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, Another Ampers& said:

I believe anyone who thinks I shouldn't be allowed to use public washrooms is a fundamentally nasty person, yes

and germany has actually done a lot to recognize its awful legacy and has even outlawed nazism so I don't understand this comparison

but also why 2200 do you think white colonialism was 300 years ago that you're pulling that comparison because like you know white colonialism was actually happening at the same time as the holocaust right

The example you chose is an example of a famine occurring in a European-controled country that was being besieged by an expanding East Asian Empire, so simplifying that to an issue of 'white-colonialism' is rather white-washing history.

Anyway, I think a lot of people would benefit from setting their differences about small issues, like toilets, aside. You don't have to be at one another's throats over stuff like that. It is possible to regard other people as mistaken or wrong headed, instead of evil. 
I think it is telling that, when people were asked why they disagreed with Milo, they quoted inappropriate twitter hashtags and contoversies about cinema, instead of his support for a presidential candidate who will not ratify the Paris climate deal.

This is why I think people are missing the wood for the trees. Many of us are disproportionately upset about small controversies, to the extent that the large controversies, which will affect generations to come across the world, are easily overlooked.

Do you see what I am getting at?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Another Ampers& said:

To be honest, at this point people are sick of Germany apologizing about that whole Nazi thing. Like they've more than made up for it lmao.

1 minute ago, grassfed said:

Rats smell so good tho..

13754438_1655585511427818_5992695750969077550_n.jpg

awww yiss

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

To be honest, at this point people are sick of Germany apologizing about that whole Nazi thing. Like they've more than made up for it lmao.

God yes.

By comparison Turkey and Japan regularly deny that their war atrocities even happened. It's a weird situation, because most Turks and Japanese weren't alive in wartime, but their governments still behave as though admitting the historic Armenian Genocide, or the criminal mistreatment of Korean prisoners, will undermine their national ethos.

Beating down Germany is done solely so they can lower their guard and ruin it by filling it woth third world immigrants

I don't know whether Germany's decision to open its borders to North African and Middle Eastern migrants was seen by Germans as a penance for their war guilt. (Any german users will have to inform me).

I do know though that Poland regularly sends its ambassador to Germany to demand Germany give them more EU money as penance for the war. So some people definitely are capitalising on it.

3 minutes ago, Saxon said:

The example you chose is an example of a famine occurring in a European-controled country that was being besieged by an expanding East Asian Empire, so simplifying that to an issue of 'white-colonialism' is rather white-washing history.

Anyway, I think a lot of people would benefit from setting their differences about small issues, like toilets, aside. You don't have to be at one another's throats over stuff like that. It is possible to regard other people as mistaken or wrong headed, instead of evil. 
I think it is telling that, when people were asked why they disagreed with Milo, they quoted inappropriate twitter hashtags and contoversies about cinema, instead of his support for a presidential candidate who will not ratify the Paris climate deal.

This is why I think people are missing the wood for the trees. Many of us are disproportionately upset about small controversies, to the extent that the large controversies, which will affect generations to come across the world, are easily overlooked.

Do you see what I am getting at?

okay that's cool you don't want to admit that a famine caused by europeans in a european invaded country isn't "white colonialism" let the record show that I tried, I really did

4 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

I always thought that Tumblr this powerful was a myth, a rhetorical abstraction conjured up by quivering neckbeards desperate to make an excuse for why they're too awkward to talk to girls.

But it's real, it's real and it's right here at my feet.

me: cites the bengal famine as an example of a shitty thing that the british did

this clown car: "I've never seen tumblr this powerful"

kindly fuck off I guess :'D

me: cites the bengal famine as an example of a shitty thing that the british did

You missed the part where you had to step away from the computer and use the hugbox before you had enough spoons to tolerate all of the toxicity.

Not a very good historian if you don't get the full picture. :3c

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Another Ampers& said:

okay that's cool you don't want to admit that a famine caused by europeans in a european invaded country isn't "white colonialism" let the record show that I tried, I really did

I think it's white and yellow colonialism.

...and before the European occupation it was Muslim colonialism by the then ruling Moguls keeping India suppressed.

India suffered a long history of being beaten down by various different empires, so only recognising the empires of Europeans is not a very accurate view of history.

• Like 1

Just now, Zaraphayx said:

You missed the part where you had to step away from the computer and use the hugbox before you had enough spoons to tolerate all of the toxicity.

Not a very good historian if you don't get the full picture. :3c

alt right text generator

jesus christ it's like words have lost all meaning

• Like 1

I'm not sure, if you wanted to quote an example of British imperialism, why you didn't quote Rhodesia or the post-war British Nuclear tests in common wealth territories.

@Another Ampers&

Anyway, I think this is kind of illustrating my point. Essentially we're having a discussion about whether the grandchildren of war criminals should feel guilty about their ancestors' attrocities.

And people, instead of just saying 'I think this and this is why' are saying 'if you don't think this then you can go die'.

• Like 2

Just now, Saxon said:

I'm not sure, if you wanted to quote an example of British imperialism, why you didn't quote Rhodesia or the post-war British Nuclear tests in common wealth territories.

@Another Ampers&

I literally just posted the first thing that came to mind and since you mentioned nazi germany and the bengal famine took place at the same time

I literally just posted the first thing that came to mind and since you mentioned nazi germany and the bengal famine took place at the same time

Okay then?

Anyway, I think you can see my point that expecting the grandchildren of war criminals to feel guilty about events they had no way of controlling is moot.

I don't want modern Turks to feel guilty about the Armenian genocide, because they weren't the ones who did it. I want them to recognise that it happened because I think countries distorting their histories to sell a narrative to their people is sinister and because that sanitised version of history is factually incorrect.

This short argument might help illustrate my other point, that there is an unfortunate predisposition for discussions about small controversies to descend into flame wars, in which people assume anybody who doesn't see eye to eye with them is evil.

I think a lot of big issues don't receive their due discussion because people are busy battling over tiny issues like that.

• Like 3

Just now, Saxon said:

Okay then?

Anyway, I think you can see my point that expecting the grandchildren of war criminals to feel guilty about events they had no way of controlling is moot.

I don't want modern Turks to feel guilty about the Armenian genocide, because they weren't the ones who did it. I want them to recognise that it happened because I think countries distorting their histories to sell a narrative to their people is sinister and because that sanitised version of history is factually incorrect.

This short argument might help illustrate my other point, that there is an unfortunate predisposition for discussions about small controversies to descend into flame wars, in which people assume anybody who doesn't see eye to eye with them is evil.

I think a lot of big issues don't receive their due discussion because people are busy battling over tiny issues like that.

okay friends here's an example scenario to simplify basically everything

Alice and Bob are neighbors. Alice murders Bob and steals all of his money

Christine is Alice's child and inherits the stolen money when Alice dies. Dave is Bob's child and he receives no inheritance because all of the money was stolen

Christine never commit the atrocities that her mother commit. She is just a beneficiary to them. She has no need to even apologize to Dave for what her mother has done, if she does it will be soley from the sense of empathy in her heart or whatever. She is not expected to feel guilty, but we can all agree that she should recognize the position that benefiting from that specific murder, and to perhaps help Dave out and try to be a friend to him

no one is asking for Christine to feel guilty. Her guilt and her feelings really don't mean anything.

I'm not asking you to feel white guilt do you think the reason why I brought up fucking white colonialism in response to you being flippant @ cultural appropriation is because I feel guilty for being white lmao

6 minutes ago, Another Ampers& said:

Christine is Alice's child and inherits the stolen money when Alice dies. Dave is Bob's child and he receives no inheritance because all of the money was stolen

Christine never commit the atrocities that her mother commit. She is just a beneficiary to them. She has no need to even apologize to Dave for what her mother has done, if she does it will be soley from the sense of empathy in her heart or whatever. She is not expected to feel guilty, but we can all agree that she should recognize the position that benefiting from that specific murder, and to perhaps help Dave out and try to be a friend to him

no one is asking for Christine to feel guilty. Her guilt and her feelings really don't mean anything.

I'm not asking you to feel white guilt do you think the reason why I brought up fucking white colonialism in response to you being flippant @ cultural appropriation is because I feel guilty for being white lmao

Is the correct answer "Murder Christine for the money, eliminate Bob as he is a possible witness, and leave no loose ends"?

• Like 1

Just now, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Is the correct answer "Murder Christine for the money, eliminate Bob as he is a possible witness, and leave no loose ends"?

no it's christine gets on an internet forum and talks a/b how dave should work harder to earn money like she did, and to also describe how if alice hadn't killed bob then edgar would have or w/e

14 minutes ago, Another Ampers& said:

Do you mean 'we can all agree that the beneficiaries of colonialism should acknowledge their own countries historically benefited from plundering others' ?
I don't know of anybody who doesn't think this, if I am honest, because it's an indisputable historical truth.

Regarding the 'Rhodes must fall' campaign, protestors demanded that a statue of the mineral Tycoon Cecil Rhodes should be removed, insisted that all subjects taught at Oxford University exhibited a 'colonial bias', and the protestor's leader was later found harassing a random waitress whom he had targeted because her skin was white, to 'give him his South African land back' or he wouldn't pay her for the service.

So...these protestors who are talking about colonialism aren't demanding that the United Kingdom recognise its bloody history; it already does. They are demanding that it should sanitise unpalatable parts of its history by removing works of art, and attributing blame to random people because they happen to be the same colour as imperial occupants 3 generations or more ago.

Cultural appropriation is a related but slightly different discussion. I remember talking with a woman who was upset that Iggy Azalea's music is inspired by music pioneered by black musicians, and they didn't think she should borrow musical inspiration from them because she thought Iggy was 'stealing black people's music even though she doesn't share their oppression'.
Obviously anybody who is upset because they believe a musician is the 'wrong race' to perform a song is themselves quite racist. :\

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I remember talking with a woman who was upset that Iggy Azalea's music is inspired by music pioneered by black musicians, and they didn't think she should borrow musical inspiration from them because she thought Iggy was 'stealing black people's music even though she doesn't share their oppression'. Obviously anybody who is upset because they believe a musician is the 'wrong race' to perform a song is themselves quite racist. :\

there's a lot here but like this started out with me telling you that maybe your view on american politics is skewed since ur not there and my god what a strange and magical journey this has been

like we've gone from me trying to illustrate that being on different sides of the globe might mean we're not as aware of local politics as ppl who are actually there and from there we got onto white colonialism and now you're defending iggy azalea's music to me and calling reverse-racism I think this is the part where I have to recognize that it does not get better than this

there's a lot here but like this started out with me telling you that maybe your view on american politics is skewed since ur not there and my god what a strange and magical journey this has been

like we've gone from me trying to illustrate that being on different sides of the globe might mean we're not as aware of local politics as ppl who are actually there and from there we got onto white colonialism and now you're defending iggy azalea's music to me and calling reverse-racism I think this is the part where I have to recognize that it does not get better than this

Oh lordy no. I think Iggy Azalae's music is awful. But that's because I think it sounds rubbish.

Regarding 'reverse racism'. Anybody who treats people with disdain because they don't think they belong to the 'correct' race is being racist.
I don't think this is an example of 'reverse racism' though, because European colonists of Australia didn't systematically exploit West African slaves in the Southern United states, so what exactly is being reversed?
I think it's just an example of normal racism 'you don't belong to my group therefore you can't play music like me'.

Anyway, these are the exact kinds of minutia that I was originally saying people are too eager to argue about, instead of important things. :\

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

Turn Mars into a third world country

To be fair, whilst colonized by the British Empire, no country was a third world nation, that only came after colonization ended.

(Because we only started regarded countries as third world until the cold war.)

6 minutes ago, Cingal said:

To be fair, whilst colonized by the British Empire, no country was a third world nation, that only came after colonization ended.

(Because we only started regarded countries as third world until the cold war.)

The U.K. Is close to breaking that recors

give er 10 more years

4 hours ago, Sir Gibby said:

hahahaha i love that you can see that the person taking the pic is wearing a fedora and the dog looks like he's trying not to laugh

Sure it's not a fishing hat?

fishing-hat-4.jpg

Anyone who wears a fedora on a boat is just... a disgrace to the sea.

2 hours ago, BlitzCo said:

gDkLoQb.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-35255102

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bhopal/Stink-from-the-blue-Plane-poop-hurts-woman-on-ground/articleshow/50476552.cms?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sir Gibby said:

didn't india previously have famines nearly every few decades as well?

Due to the coupling of the El Nino Southern Oscillation with the Indian Monsoon, causing occasional failed monsoon rains, yes.

Now that this coupling is known about the subcontinent is more resistant to drought induced food shortages.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

In all my years on the internet, I've never been to a 'chan'.

I can only glean the horrors lurking there from the descriptions and posts of others...

There's more to 4chan and 8chan than the infamous /b/ and /pol/ boards, some of the boards aren't even that bad. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

Wuss.

5 minutes ago, BlitzCo said:

There's more to 4chan and 8chan than the infamous /b/ and /pol/ boards, some of the boards aren't even that bad. 

Meh, just not my idea of fun; too busy with other stuff. Plus, I'm not at all a fan of memes and such, so it doesn't seem like the kinds of places I'm going to end up, say, discussing the novels of Thomas Mann, or the prose style of Goerges Perec, or on a lighter note, even the various odd, kinky, yiffy things I'm into...seems like too much junk to wade through. It's not so much I'm scared, just don't see what would be there, of very much appeal. Nothing against people who do.

• Like 1