Things That You Don't Understand!

FenrirDarkWolf

6 hours ago, Sylver said:

I've always like idiots. They let me see things from a vastly differing perspective, which makes me think and furthers my understanding. I always make the most progress with idiots because their reasoning is difficult for me to understand. Perhaps they don't have reasoning, but I like seeing what explanation is given.

or are they are different kind of idiot?

Thinking more along the "No consideration, lazy, do not do their share of housework" types of idiots. No reason not to, they just don't. In my case, they'd rather sit on their ass watching youtube than get up and clean the kitchen.

I don't understand why my coworkers are betting on their incoming children's birth dates and birth weights. What is their bizarre obsession with gambling and competing in absurd ways? They won't let it go either, if history is any inducator they will lament it (albeit tongue-in-cheek) long enough to tell the kid they lost them $40.

Im kind of surprised at how many concepts seem invented in the furry fandom despite being able to be elsewhere other than furry, and why some havent even branched out that much. In fact I keep seeing some outsiders who arent even furry view furry stuff simply because its more prevalent there than elsewhere

YCH- (besides ridiculous auctions) a clever way for artists to showcase sketches/poses, and for commissioners to know whst they want

Femboys/C-boys- this is something I find really odd...the concept of femboys has branched a little, but everytime I look its often restricted to the furry side of things. Which is weird...its not like a furry only concept, I hardly see it in anime artists or pr0n models as much. I guess they have other words for that such as twink/transman(the actual, unoffensive term, hurrdurr) but everytime not quite to the level shown in furry art

Really odd specific fetishes: macro/vore/TF

I mean, a lot of people who arent even furries enjoy furry spank material because non furry stuff of that nature is rare 

13 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Im kind of surprised at how many concepts seem invented in the furry fandom despite being able to be elsewhere other than furry, and why some havent even branched out that much. In fact I keep seeing some outsiders who arent even furry view furry stuff simply because its more prevalent there than elsewhere

YCH- (besides ridiculous auctions) a clever way for artists to showcase sketches/poses, and for commissioners to know whst they want

Femboys/C-boys- this is something I find really odd...the concept of femboys has branched a little, but everytime I look its often restricted to the furry side of things. Which is weird...its not like a furry only concept, I hardly see it in anime artists or pr0n models as much. I guess they have other words for that such as twink/transman(the actual, unoffensive term, hurrdurr) but everytime not quite to the level shown in furry art

Really odd specific fetishes: macro/vore/TF

I mean, a lot of people who arent even furries enjoy furry spank material because non furry stuff of that nature is rare 

All those fetishes exist outside of the Furry Fandom. But considering that most TF involves into animals, that's a fairly common overlap. Macro and Vore, not as common - just easier to find in furry because it's a Fantastic element, and thus easier to allow. Plenty of erotic macro fiction out there.

2 minutes ago, Summercat said:

All those fetishes exist outside of the Furry Fandom. But considering that most TF involves into animals, that's a fairly common overlap. Macro and Vore, not as common - just easier to find in furry because it's a Fantastic element, and thus easier to allow. Plenty of erotic macro fiction out there.

I know most of those things do, but typically not to the extent Ive seen. I try not to be furry-centric at times but it just seems like a lot of l the good stuff just ties right back into furry at the heart of it, even though it doesnt have to be just furry. I just want to see it branch further so its general audience because theyre good concepts, some people wont touch furry stuff cuz furry

5 minutes ago, Summercat said:

I honestly can't stand human macro and vore.

I love both for furries, but when it comes to humans it just disturbs me

27 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

I honestly can't stand human macro and vore.

I love both for furries, but when it comes to humans it just disturbs me

Fantastical element of Furry (which is one reason why I consider it to be a stand-along thing) makes things like macro and vore more palatable. 

2 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

If it ain't broke, why fix it?

I know. It's fucking silly. 

Im thinking they want to make phones, like, another millimeter thinner or something...

Which is dumb, because phones are already stupidly thin. And when combined with the x-large screens they're putting on these things, phones like the iPhone 6+ are suffering serious structural flaws. 

51 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

I know. It's fucking silly. 

Im thinking they want to make phones, like, another millimeter thinner or something...

Which is dumb, because phones are already stupidly thin. And when combined with the x-large screens they're putting on these things, phones like the iPhone 6+ are suffering serious structural flaws. 

It saves them money by combining ports. "Innovation" in a growth-obsessed company culture. Goodbye listening to your jams while charging!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Endless/Nameless said:

I don't understand the appeal of most modern video games. 

Nor the toxic culture around them. 

I'm a product of Mario. 

image.jpeg

Games that involve driving and/or shooting are better in 3D environments, that's why.

6 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Games that involve driving and/or shooting are better in 3D environments, that's why.

Well.....yeah.

But that doesn't excuse the rest of it. Like for one thing, it seems like they're all starting to look the same. Seriously, what's even the difference between Skyrim and Dark Souls anyway? And it feels like every popular game now is some variant of either militaristic FPS's or fantasy battle stuff. Or zombies. Bor–ing.

And on a more personal note, I'm not a fan of these super-realistic/lifelike graphics they're pushing for in video games now. I find it incredibly bland and unimaginative. (unless it's a simulator-type thing, of course) But that's just my opinion. 

If other people enjoy the stuff, cool. I'll stick with my underrated Wii U games. 

On 22/04/2016 at 5:40 AM, Wax said:

I do not understand how anyone can enjoy liquorice, the weird black candy stuff. It's disgusting

Red Licorice is the only type worth talking about.

9 hours ago, Endless/Nameless said:

Seriously, what's even the difference between Skyrim and Dark Souls anyway?

Now, if you said that somewhere else, you'd probably be jumped. That's kinda like comparing a mountain bike to a motorboat. I get the point you're going for, but you'd be hard pressed to pick a worse comparison in the whole "smack things with a sword" category.

On 4/23/2016 at 11:19 AM, Hux said:

I don't understand how employers can get away with charging employees for the privilege of taking a drug test. It's not like they're doing their employees any favors.

Never heard of that before, where is this?

At most it only just costs you a few minutes of your time and some bodily fluids here.

I don't understand why Americans are getting so worked up about their political elections to the point of rioting or committing violence.

Maybe everyone here is just generally disenchanted by our political system and just only care enough to take the piss out of our politicians since both sides are as bad as each other.

On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 10:55 AM, Endless/Nameless said:

I don't understand myself. 

I don't know if I'm a sensitive person, or just really shallow. 

And I don't know why I care so much about shit that I know is not important. 

"Shallow" is a term people use to excuse their own insensitivity.

No matter how you measure it,  stress is still stress - nobody benefits from belittling it.

The reason why you care about it(whatever it is) is because its important to you and that's all that matters. 

Don't ever worry about being shallow because nobody really is. 

• Like 1

http://abc7.com/news/12-year-old-girl-arrested-for-pinching-boys-butt-at-school/1258148/

Everything about this and people's reactions to it is messed up

Is arresting a 12 year old overreacting? Well yeah...

Is what she did offensive and punishable? It really should be

But people keep saying it was harmless and 'kids just being kids'. No, fuck that. If they didnt want to be interacted with in that way it could be harassment. The boy mightve been okay with it, but some others might not if its 'normal' behavior. It just normalizes "lol its just a joke get over it" and thats how molestation and sexual harassment starts when they grow older.

Act like adults and discuss it with previous authorities firsthand and teach your kids what is and isnt acceptable behavior without always running to the cops. Is parenting really that difficult?

• Like 2

On 5/7/2016 at 6:09 AM, Photoshop Amateur said:

I don't understand why people embrace serious illnesses and problems and give them names like "headmates" instead of seeking help to try and fix it.

Or why some that aren't embrace it in an attempt to be noticed or edgy. 

7 minutes ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

Why I covered my mouth to let out a huge fart

I did a huge fart over the phone once and I said "please tell me you didn't hear that" and they asked, "hear what?" and I said "the massive fart I just did"

i dont know why i bother sometimes

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Sir Gibby said:

I did a huge fart over the phone once and I said "please tell me you didn't hear that" and they asked, "hear what?" and I said "the massive fart I just did"

i dont know why i bother sometimes

Last year I fell asleep in a lecture and farted myself awake.

I should make a thread for this stuff.

43 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I think this makes a mountain out of a molehill actually.

Children do sometimes poke and prod one another and it really is no biggy. I think it's fair to tell children that poking and prodding people isn't very polite, but I think it's unfair to brand children as incipient sex offenders for behaving in a childish way; this is very harmful to them.

I agree it definitely is, though if I was the kid I'd hate my butt pinched by a stranger, it'd make me uncomfortable...heck I'd been harassed in elementary school plenty of times but I toughed it out instead of telling anyone.

A normal parental reprimand and complaint to the teacher wouldve been fine.

But calling the cops does just sound like the mother projecting her own fears

14 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

>implying it wasn't already one

If anything it is a cult. But now I come across a video reinforcing the idea of turning it into a religion (that's like the legal version of a cult anyway)... Well now, that's just confusing.

12 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

You sound like youre desperately trying to advertise your own thread you just put up on the topic

Nope, no connection. I'm just confused as to why people are willing to go as far to turn a hobby into a religion. That's whack. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

If anything it is a cult. But now I come across a video reinforcing the idea of turning it into a religion (that's like the legal version of a cult anyway)... Well now, that's just confusing.

Nope, no connection. I'm just confused as to why people are willing to go as far to turn a hobby into a religion. That's whack. 

BECAUSE IT IS SATIRE

6 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

BECAUSE IT IS SATIRE

I KNOW IT'S SATIRE but you know how impressionable this fandom is. 

This is something I don't ever want to see, but no doubt a handful of idiots are going to start a subculture (if it don't exist already) surrounding the idea that furry is a religion. Oh jeez, I can already see some pushing for it legally. I mean, we have Scientology after all.

Gah, what is this fandom anymore? (rhetorical question)