• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

1.False Swipe

2.Sleep/Paralyze

3.Ultra Ball

4.????

5.Profit

Did that. 70 balls later,  mesprit still doesn't want to be caught, so I reset the game.

My mew knows false swipe and my leafeon knows grass whistle.

Why is the Pokemon anime so good nowadays? Like, the X/Y anime and the X/Y/Z anime are so superbly good, especially when you compare them to previous seasons of Pokemon that took place in other regions. The show has a noticeably bigger budget now, with extremely fluid animation and really exciting battles, as opposed to the really slow battles that used to be commonplace in Pokemon.

So apparently my Battle Tower team has a MASSIVE weakness to Rock. Starizard can't KO a Rock type in time with Power up Punch to avoid being completely obliterated. Razor (Shiftry) is resistant but has terrible defenses anyway so gets KO'd just as easy.

And that made me wonder why I still have my Rotom in the microwave. I'll stick it in the fridge to make up for the water deficit that Shootin' Star left behind and see how that goes. I'd love to be able to use Starizard AND Shootin' Star in the team but they both rely on being in mega form, and I don't feel comfortable choosing one over the other. because I switch one in, it can't be mega, it's just not enough power.

That Rotom I have is really good. The golden rule of Wonder Trade for me, is if it's level 1 and the nature is what you'd consider ideal for that Pokemon, check its IVs. I guess I got someone's failed attempt at breeding a shiny because it's 5IV. Very happy with it.

I'm running through Alpha Sapphire now. I started off soft resetting for a shiny starter and got a shiny female torchic, now a lvl 31 combusken (and I'm not even past the third gym yet). I've decided to play as a badge quest, so I have to find one shiny before each gym. I have combusken and a shiny magikarp already; now I'm static-trick REing for an electric-type on route 110. I'm hoping electrike shines since I already found the manectite.

Not really being a gamer in the first place I had no particular interest for Pokémon games. But I LOVED the anime! Sometimes I'd like to rewatch it, but I face a dilemma. What I watched on TV fifteen years ago was an oddball adaptation that had French dialogs but otherwise used the English names. My chances of finding this version somewhere online are slim to none. And it'd only be the first four seasons plus part of the fifth. So if I ever want to get back to watching Pokémon I'll either have to get used to the English voices or the French names,

That being said I've already got too many hobbies, so I don't really have the time to watch 17-something seasons of Pokémon anyway LOL.

In the process of breeding the ultimate Froslass (one of my all time favorite Pokemons). I got 2 boxes filled with Snorunts, some are Moody because I that Cursed Body sounded better than Snow Cloak as an ability. Took ages to find even 1 Moody Snorunt.

I decided to go with whichever of Modest or Timid that came up first in the hatchlings, and Modest came up first. After several generations, they're so inbred they would not be able to walk IRL but I'm stat building now, up to 2 IVs, one is Special Attack. I think if I can hatch one that is Outstanding, and has Speed and Sp.Atk I'll stop and go with her.

I've been thinking, right-

Wouldn't it be cool if, in a main series Pokemon game, you had to use your Pokemon to escape from somewhere?

Imagine the evil team might maroon you on an island and you have to battle their thugs to get to a boat.

Or maybe they capture you and you have to attempt a prison break by battling your way out.

It'd put a kind of 'Mystery Dungeon' spin on the game that would do wonders for the story.

3 hours ago, Luca said:

Well that's kinda underwhelming...

The UI is kinda basic and the models were kinda spazzing out but otherwise I think it looks fine. It's less about the actual game itself and more about the environment around you and the social aspect of it.

18 minutes ago, Cross said:

Being able to play pokemon on your cellphone is the best thing that has ever happened to cellphones.

Then I think you'll love this

If you have an Android

Screenshot_2016-03-21-14-08-14.thumb.png

You can get emulators for Game Boy Colour, Game Boy Advance and even DS

7 hours ago, SirRob said:

The UI is kinda basic and the models were kinda spazzing out but otherwise I think it looks fine. It's less about the actual game itself and more about the environment around you and the social aspect of it.

Yeah I know it's a phone based game so it can't look amazing or anything but I still feel a bit disappointed. Maybe it was the really low quality .jpeg background. It's also probably an early version of the game too.

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 0:24 AM, Alexxx-Returns said:

Anyone want a 6IV Scraggy I just bred? I'm not gonna use it (wrong ability) and it's a waste me keeping it really. It's Jolly and has Shed Skin. And ice punch and dragon dance

If you stil have it, I'll take it, just give it a fitting nickname. X3

As for EVs in your next post, I'd go defenses. Scrafty is already fairly slow so he needs the bulk. 

On 3/26/2016 at 8:33 AM, Alexxx-Returns said:

I need your opinions! I've put half my Scraggy's EVs into HP, and I don't know whether to put the rest into Speed or split them between the defenses.

Go for split defenses. Scrafty doesn't want to get hit by fairies at all. And I don't ye would. But ye could also focus on just one defense stat depending on yer chosen nature.  

Ye wouldn't want to invest in speed as it seems yer going for bulk with the Hp investment. Scrafty is slow so unless ye went for att investment, speed doesn't seem to be a good idea even with choice scarf. Or unless yer going for a weird Ev set like say 70hp/120att and somesuch.  Scrafty hits hard after all. But with the common fairies, his sweeping ability has someone dwindled. 

10 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

I thought scrafty is only ideal for fakeout scrappy xD

Scrafty was good before gen 6 I believe.  Good typing and all that. If there were no fairies, he'd be better than pangoro. Tho pangoro has access to parting shot and iron fist/scrappy which gives him a niche in ou. 

21 minutes ago, yell0wf0x said:

Scrafty was good before gen 6 I believe.  Good typing and all that. If there were no fairies, he'd be better than pangoro. Tho pangoro has access to parting shot and iron fist/scrappy which gives him a niche in ou. 

Nobody runs a speedy pangoro when majority of the OU tier are faster, having parting shot is near pointless. I know I love pangoro but he's less appealing on competatives.

Pangoro is forever BL tier

1 hour ago, Misomie said:

1 hour ago, Misomie said:

If you stil have it, I'll take it, just give it a fitting nickname. X3

As for EVs in your next post, I'd go defenses. Scrafty is already fairly slow so he needs the bulk. 

I still have it, what do you want me to call it?

Im so annoyed, the Scrafty I ended up going with is max Attack, Speed and both Defenses but according to the online calculator her HP is abysmal >.< 1-3 apparently.

49 minutes ago, yell0wf0x said:

Go for split defenses. Scrafty doesn't want to get hit by fairies at all. And I don't ye would. But ye could also focus on just one defense stat depending on yer chosen nature.  

Ye wouldn't want to invest in speed as it seems yer going for bulk with the Hp investment. Scrafty is slow so unless ye went for att investment, speed doesn't seem to be a good idea even with choice scarf. Or unless yer going for a weird Ev set like say 70hp/120att and somesuch.  Scrafty hits hard after all. But with the common fairies, his sweeping ability has someone dwindled. 

I went for the defences in the end. She comes in if/when my leading Venomoth is downed and gets the KO with Retaliate and get the Moxie boost. And if there's time after that, she has Dragon Dance. I wasn't sure whether to go with Payback or Crunch but I decided on Crunch in the end.

2 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

Nobody runs a speedy pangoro when majority of the OU tier are faster, having parting shot is near pointless. I know I love pangoro but he's less appealing on competatives.

Pangoro is forever BL tier

I actually used A Jolly Pangoro With Max Att And Speed Investment In My Old Ou Team.  He does pretty well considering. Gunk shot with superpower and parting shot are pretty useful on him. But like I said. Hell serve a certain niche in ou. But he is still viable.  And I honestly don't know what bl tier is. 

1 minute ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

I went for the defences in the end. She comes in if/when my leading Venomoth is downed and gets the KO with Retaliate and get the Moxie boost. And if there's time after that, she has Dragon Dance. I wasn't sure whether to go with Payback or Crunch but I decided on Crunch in the end.

Good call. Crunch is the better choice for this one  

BL2 (Borderline 2) is the banlist for RU (Rarely Used) and is not a playable tier. BL2 Pokémon are not UU by usage (i.e., they do not have above 3.41% usage in UU) but cannot be used in RU.

8 minutes ago, yell0wf0x said:

I actually used A Jolly Pangoro With Max Att And Speed Investment In My Old Ou Team.  He does pretty well considering. Gunk shot with superpower and parting shot are pretty useful on him. But like I said. Hell serve a certain niche in ou. But he is still viable.  And I honestly don't know what bl tier is. 

Good call. Crunch is the better choice for this one  

2 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

xD

The only time I used pangoro for anything is when I ran support trickroom Gardevoir with helping hand. I never tried using him in singles.

(I only play VGC because Marazhu wishes to be a world champion)

I remember battling you with yer pangoro. But that was way back in xy. He still didn't have access to his better moves then. Maybe it's time to consider him again. Be the very best with pangoro! 

And I'd say pangoro is more useful in singles than doubles as almost his viable moves are single hit. I think Parting shot works better in singles. At least in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, yell0wf0x said:

I remember battling you with yer pangoro. But that was way back in xy. He still didn't have access to his better moves then. Maybe it's time to consider him again. Be the very best with pangoro! 

And I'd say pangoro is more useful in singles than doubles as almost his viable moves are single hit. I think Parting shot works better in singles. At least in my opinion. 

I now have a plan

Defensive Bulky Gardevoir with Trickroom and Helping Hand with Telepathy and Bulky Pangoro with Iron First Pangoro with Earthquake xD

Fuck this... It's too unorthodox

8 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

I now have a plan

Defensive Bulky Gardevoir with Trickroom and Helping Hand with Telepathy and Bulky Pangoro with Iron First Pangoro with Earthquake xD

Fuck this... It's too unorthodox

If yer gonna run earthquake, isn't it better to use mold breaker? Iron fist doesn't boost earthquake at all. Then again, mold breaker earthquake would also hit gardevoir. Unorthodox is right! xD

But trick room is a good place for pangoro.  

It was stated that today, on the Japanese TV show Gathering at the Pokémon House, they would feature the 'first TV aired footage' for Sun and Moon

Turns out all they meant is that it's the first time they were showing February's teaser trailer on television.

I feel a little cheated

2 hours ago, DrDingo said:

It was stated that today, on the Japanese TV show Gathering at the Pokémon House, they would feature the 'first TV aired footage' for Sun and Moon

Turns out all they meant is that it's the first time they were showing February's teaser trailer on television.

I feel a little cheated

I know. I lost the hype. Lol

So I was watching Pokemon X/Y, and I just realized: Pokemon need to be taken to a Pokemon Center in the anime universe after losing in battle, right? If battling is a competitive sport and each town only has one Pokemon center, how are Pokemon Centers not constantly packed? And, if they are, how does a single nurse and a Pokemon assistant handle it all?

14 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

So I was watching Pokemon X/Y, and I just realized: Pokemon need to be taken to a Pokemon Center in the anime universe after losing in battle, right? If battling is a competitive sport and each town only has one Pokemon center, how are Pokemon Centers not constantly packed? And, if they are, how does a single nurse and a Pokemon assistant handle it all?

They do it by being very very efficient

comic170.thumb.png.1e1c6d6268382aeb83962

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

There was an episode in the first season where the Pokemon Center had a line forming around it. Team Rocket came to help, which lead to James wearing a dress