The Pokemon Thread

SirRob

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, yell0wf0x said:

So I just got a thought,  if ye breed a normal. Ninetales and an alolan Ninetales,  will ye get a fire ice type Ninetales? 

Knowing pokemon breeding logic, the offspring will be the form that the female parent is. For all intents and purposes I reckon they're to be treated like separate pokemon.

A new Pokemon fangame was finished yesterday called "Pokemon Uranium"! The game uses fakemon, so that may be a turn-off for some, but it looks pretty high quality! By the looks of it, the graphics are based off of Heartgold/Soulsilver.

The game can be found here:

http://www.pokemonuranium.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1316

Note that this is not a romhack; this is a full fledged fangame made using RPGMaker.

EDIT:

EDIT: Have you guy's heard of Pokemon Uranium? http://www.pokemonuranium.com/screenshots/

I just found out about it! I think it looks pretty awesome, and its nice that it actually got finished. So many of these games start up and are in development forever, so its nice to see this get completed. I like some Pokemon fangames and think that in some cases they can improve upon standard Pokemon. I know I really liked Pokemon Reborn a while back. I'll be sure and check this out! I'm really glad that they used Heartgold/Soulsilver's graphics, as I think that's probably one of the best if not the best looking Pokemon games. Not sure how I feel about fakemon, but I'll give it a whirl.

1 hour ago, SirRob said:

I only ever played MMBN5 and I never was able to 100% it, couldn't S-Rank all the bosses

The BN games are pretty easy in terms of surviving, but like getting everything and making efficient builds could be stressful at certain points in some of the games. I always liked 2, 3, and 6.

I kind of wish Battle Network took off like the Pokemon games did because I really wanted one that eventually had the same online features as Pokemon. I can't believe the DS port of 5 didn't have wifi battles. A game about the Internet with multiplayer with NO online play at all. And online chip trading? My god. "Give me this Bass chip for VarSwrd*"

2 hours ago, SirRob said:

I only ever played MMBN5 and I never was able to 100% it, couldn't S-Rank all the bosses

Team protoman?

2 hours ago, XoPachi said:

The BN games are pretty easy in terms of surviving, but like getting everything and making efficient builds could be stressful at certain points in some of the games. I always liked 2, 3, and 6.

I kind of wish Battle Network took off like the Pokemon games did because I really wanted one that eventually had the same online features as Pokemon. I can't believe the DS port of 5 didn't have wifi battles. A game about the Internet with multiplayer with NO online play at all. And online chip trading? My god. "Give me this Bass chip for VarSwrd*"

Starforce was a thing.

1 hour ago, Lopaw said:

I know someone's likely mentioned it already but does anyone think that nintendo is running out of ideas for pokémon designs?

Yeah seriously, they've started using things like magnets and -literally- piles of sludge. And let's not forget the pink goop monster with the smiley face, the nightmare clown and the gross fish lady, and that dragon that's not actually a dragon type for lord knows why. And that Pokemon that's actually a vagina. Seriously, they need to just stop. Pokemon used to be cool.

Edit: Oh yeah and the *@#$ing EGGS. WHY DO EGGS TURN INTO A PALM TREE

I really don't understand people on the GTS.

I've been on there a few times recently to do some simple version-for-version trades (I'm trying to catch 'em all so I can get the shiny charm). I went to see if anyone was offering a Thundurus for a Tornadus. No one WAS (so I offered my Tornadus instead) but you have people asking for Houndoom level 1-10. Like... they DO realise they'll never get that, right? Are they just trying to show off their Pokemon or something?

e. I got a Thundurus almost instantly but I'm super pissed off that it's in an ultra ball. I catch EVERYTHING that matters to me in a Poke ball and now it doesn't go with my other legendaries.

55 minutes ago, galaxy-meow said:

I love that Team Skull's pose is like "SUCK IT"

the innards out ability looks like aftermath...like, is it just the same with a different name to suit the pokemon?

Serebii says that the HP the Pokemon loses from the killing blow is dealt back to the opponent. Imagine if Blissey could throw up her organs, that'd be scary

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirRob said:

Serebii says that the HP the Pokemon loses from the killing blow is dealt back to the opponent. Imagine if Blissey could throw up her organs, that'd be scary

that's...kinda lame, esp if it loses a little HP. it's really only good for OHKO's or high powered moves :\

4 minutes ago, Eggdodger said:

Real men wear ~mascara~

...mascara? what mascara? he doesn't have any prominent eyelashes!

Team Skull is hilarious, I love em'. Their music theme incorporating vocals into the track is rad and not something I see Pokemon games do much. I love how exaggerated Team Skull is. They're like gangsters.

Can't say I like their actual battle theme though.

Team Skull lookin' like they about to drop the sickest mixtape of 2016

I'd also like to say, if one member of Team Skull does not have a Skuntank, Koffing, and Zubat, that would be a tremendous lost opportunity. I'd be happy if just one grunt had that team. 

50 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

Team Skull lookin' like they about to drop the sickest mixtape of 2016

I'd also like to say, if one member of Team Skull does not have a Skuntank, Koffing, and Zubat, that would be a tremendous lost opportunity. I'd be happy if just one grunt had that team. 

Encounter theme

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Proper noun said:

Encounter theme

Holy shit, this is actually my favourite piece of information about the new games. The Pokemon games always have such amazing music, there's always at least one piece to fall completely in love with (and that one could even be bested at this stage).

Can't wait for them now