The Sims

Sidewalk Surfboard

I don't know if there's a thread like this already. If there is, oh well.
This thread is for sharing pictures of your sims doing sim things. And yes, you can show off. It's also for general discussion of the game itself.

I recently downloaded the Sims 2 after tempting myself with it for months and months. I downloaded a bunch of mods, and I was able to make Rolfe DeWolfe and his father, Tobias "Wolfman" DeWolfe. Father and son, together at last. Also, Tobias making a stupid fucking face that made me giggle.

Sims2 2015-10-23 23-48-27-06.png

Sims2 2015-10-23 23-52-15-12.png

Sims 2, man, that takes me back...

My brother and I made a pretty kickass little pad, and things were going well until stuff started catching fire rather often. My sim burned to death, and it placed a grave in the backyard which my reincarnated sim would go and dance on it until he'd catch fire and burn to death over and over. It actually kept happening so often that my brother built a wall next to the grave and stuck a fire extinguisher on it. Love that game.

Edited by ZorroValdez
  • Like 1

Sims 2, man, that takes me back...

My brother and I made a pretty kickass little pad, and things were going well until stuff started catching fire rather often. My sim burned to death, and it placed a grave in the backyard which my reincarnated sim would go and dance on it until he'd catch fire and burn to death over and over. It actually kept happening so often that my brother built a wall next to the grave and stuck a fire extinguisher on it. Love that game.

Perfect. I can't build at the moment since I'm using a No-CD crack, so for now I'm stuck with pre-built houses.

I think Sims 3 is the best in the series, after you pirate buy every single last expansion.

You know, I had the Sims 3 for like, a few months, but then like the dumb fucking idiot I am uninstalled it. It wouldn't reinstall, so that's when I decided to get the Sims 2. The Sims 3 was decent, but I think I have the most nostalgia and fun with 2, especially with mods.

I have the Sims 3. Sadly never played any other Sims. I had the chance to buy the complete collection of TS2, but didn't have the money at the time. :c

TS3's plenty fun though. I've been meaning to learn to make mods/custom content for it, but so far I've only done a few simple retextures, and one mesh that's a bit buggy.
Got a bunch of fun expansions for it, too. Pets is probably my favorite so far. Had to get a new graphics card to play it, though, so be careful with that. >>;

• Like 1

I found the biggest problem with Sims 3 was the bloody performance issues. Even with my relatively powerful desktop, the thing runs worse than a fish. 

Sims 2 is still brilliant, though. And some of the things that you have to "achieve"(I.E, shit that isn't available directly from the CAS panel) is fun. Breeding in alien genes to your weirdo desert family? Never gets boring.

Oh man I used to play the original Sims when I was a kid, had the vacation expansion pack or some shit too, then I got Sims 2 when it came out and thought it was really good! I mainly just liked designing and building houses though, I rarely got far in actual gameplay before getting bored and using cheats haha

I found the biggest problem with Sims 3 was the bloody performance issues. Even with my relatively powerful desktop, the thing runs worse than a fish. 

Sadly I can attest to this. I don't play it often because it just runs SO DARN SLOW.
But then, my desktop's not the best out there to begin with...

Sadly I can attest to this. I don't play it often because it just runs SO DARN SLOW.But then, my desktop's not the best out there to begin with...

I have an i5 2500k and a 960 GTX, and if anything, my CPU is bottlenecking it to hell. But this badly? Shit's poorly coded, yo.

Also, one of my favourite themes from the series;

Is there a way to set a Sim's orientation without cheats in TS2? 

I think in The Sims 3, Sims start out kinda neutral, and you can "steer" them one way or another by having them interact romantically with the preferred gender.

My brother accidentally made one of my Sim-guys gay that way. He had him cuddle another dude just for shiggles, not knowing it would affect his preferences. :v

Anyways, I guess it's easier to set their orientation with cheats, either way.

• Like 1

Is there a way to set a Sim's orientation without cheats in TS2? 

I think in The Sims 3, Sims start out kinda neutral, and you can "steer" them one way or another by having them interact romantically with the preferred gender.

My brother accidentally made one of my Sim-guys gay that way. He had him cuddle another dude just for shiggles, not knowing it would affect his preferences. :v

Anyways, I guess it's easier to set their orientation with cheats, either way.

I didn't set his orientation with cheats. What I meant by "cheats" was that I used the Advanced Cheat Enabler cheat and used that to view his orientation. So basically, Rolfe had the gay since I made him. :V
And yeah, that's how it works in the Sims 2 as well. They start off neutral or with a preference such as Rolfe has and it changes with how you play.

You know, I was so happy when I saw that The Sims 4 expanded upon Sims 2's aspiration system and vastly improved it. I'm just sad that the game turned out to remove a lot of other stuff that makes the sims... the sims. Do the developers realize how popular the pools are? Basements were nice, too... and no, I'm not intent on spending an extra $100 in expansions to get that stuff back sometime in the future.

That being said, I love both 2 and 3. I'm not sure which I like more, to be honest. They're both very entertaining games. 2 had the more polished base game, but 3 had more content.

Edited by Eggdodger
  • Like 1

Is it normal for elderly sims to just kinda...stand? 'Cause Tobias does fucking nothing. He wakes up for work and then stands there. I make him get dressed, fix his bed, and drink coffee, and when he's done with that, he just stands there until the carpool arrives.

He's having an existential crisis, clearly. You need to rub marmite on him and send him to the library.

Edited by Kaedal

Ignore this, I'm just posting this here as a ref for how I can try to draw Human Rolfe

Sims2 2015-10-27 00-10-48-70.png

*Saves picture* (Just kidding)

I was in the middle of building a house and the game crashed so hard that I had to restart my computer D:

Also Is it ok if I show off my stuff from the sims 4 on here? Or is this just for sims 2 things?

Edited by Chaosmasterdelta

Only people with EA accounts can see these, apparently...

I should remember to reinstall my TS3 stuff next month. Get back to learning how to mod and such. Should be fun! ...Or aggravating. Hopefully fun though!

• Like 1

Only people with EA accounts can see these, apparently...
I should remember to reinstall my TS3 stuff next month. Get back to learning how to mod and such. Should be fun! ...Or aggravating. Hopefully fun though!

I can save the pics that are on the site for posting. All of these sims are based on characters that I may or may not use in my story. Except chaos. I made him before I thought of making the story.

Strawberry Shake

00.thumb.jpg.2af1ef60945be5b09350af775c2

Flash Point

00bbbbv.thumb.jpg.1cfbb936c3879ff5d18dc5

Clock Work

cbc.thumb.jpg.83e86b211b7b036a39f672a7f7

Diaper Rash

cbvnn.thumb.jpg.a9003d29971b2a6744d1b54f

Life Stream

dgfdgdgd.thumb.jpg.7ac945f7d053179e8f725

Light Speed

fdgt.thumb.jpg.2406bb4144a8f7299ecfdf989

Chaos Delta

gdfgd.thumb.jpg.79cccef4ae9fe71c1a4949aa

Crimson Blood

gfdgdd.thumb.jpg.24df175c64823a1d2c47645

Heat Wave

vbnvnhh.thumb.jpg.2b74b316d5e093255b0a07

A lot called "Fancy Garden House"

kkkkk.thumb.jpg.c0679a56aacff859f77abfe1

Another lot called "Paranoid Shelter". The door is on the back and leads to an underground area where everything is placed so you are always looking at the door, no matter what you do. there is another area below that has a bed that is also facing the door.

5633242c78481_jhhjjh.thumb.jpg.57e7eb276

Another lot called "Paranoid Shelter". The door is on the back and leads to an underground area where everything is placed so you are always looking at the door, no matter what you do. there is another area below that has a bed that is also facing the door.

5633242c78481_jhhjjh.thumb.jpg.57e7eb276

I... What. HOW ARE YOU GOING TO WATCH THE DOOR WHEN YOU'RE ASLEEP?!

It's kinda sad that the Sims 2 looks better than the Sims 4 in terms of graphics...

I wouldn't say Sims 2 looks better as such. There's a different focus; Sims 4 focuses on more animated emotions and fluidity/dynamics(whatever fancy terms sound most like what EA does), whereas Sims 2 generally just slapped high quality textures on everything. But eh, yeah. I do think Sims 2 did look better in certain aspects.

... I think I need to go play it again.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say Sims 2 looks better as such. There's a different focus; Sims 4 focuses on more animated emotions and fluidity/dynamics(whatever fancy terms sound most like what EA does), whereas Sims 2 generally just slapped high quality textures on everything. But eh, yeah. I do think Sims 2 did look better in certain aspects.

... I think I need to go play it again.

Dooo it!