Bob Ross Twitch

Tsuujou

http://www.twitch.tv/bobross

Twitch has been streaming this to celebrate the launch of Twitch Creative. Personally, I don't see a reason to stream art on Twitch since there's a dozen art stream services dedicated to it. People go to Twitch for games, but w/e. That's neither here nor there because BOB ROSS. They've been streaming Joy of Painting since the 29th I think and it's just been great. It's enough ad free Bob Ross 24 hours a day to make anyone a happy little tree. I usually have my music playing when I draw, but it's nice to just have this in the background. I used to watch Bob Ross as a kid and he's just got the warmest and kindest nature I've ever seen. It just makes the anxieties and stress of drawing evaporate and I don't feel as bad when I mess up. This was really nice to be able to sit through hours of good TV.

The bonus is the hilarious Twitch Chat (which some articles hazed as being hateful because they don't know shit about context and just assumed people were hating Bob). He just puts in a vague shape "RUINED" and then he finishes it "SAVED! CLUTCH! READS!". They actually love him, because who the Hell doesn't? The jokes have been killing me. The best part was when he brought in a little bird named Falky. These people went ham. But I love when he shows the "little woodland creatures". I just love this show so much. 'w`

• Like 5

Just started watching this today and goddamn it's so nice to have going on the second monitor while I do stuff. I love watching the chat go ballistic over random words and phrases he uses, it's great.

Probably one of the better things I've seen on Twitch.

• Like 1

I find those shows strangely relaxing, but sadly I don't like streaming things a lot because my connection is too Australian to handle much at once.

On  a semi-related note, the last time I watched a stream on twitch my adblocker had stopped >300 things from loading by the end.

I find those shows strangely relaxing, but sadly I don't like streaming things a lot because my connection is too Australian to handle much at once.

On  a semi-related note, the last time I watched a stream on twitch my adblocker had stopped >300 things from loading by the end.

Ugh, I'm so sorry. I have a friend who can't STAND his Australian Internet.

Just started watching this today and goddamn it's so nice to have going on the second monitor while I do stuff. I love watching the chat go ballistic over random words and phrases he uses, it's great.

Probably one of the better things I've seen on Twitch.

Yeah, this is pretty funny honestly. The chat's great.

Decided to jump on board for whynots, and fucking hell, it's so awesome. I wish I knew someone that chill and happy. Also, he's really fucking good at what he does.

And like others have said, watching the chatroom explode is awesome. A thousand people going "RUINED!" when he paints something that doens't look right then flips to "FUCKING SAVED" when he makes it work. I laughed so fucking hard.

• Like 3

Decided to jump on board for whynots, and fucking hell, it's so awesome. I wish I knew someone that chill and happy. Also, he's really fucking good at what he does.

And like others have said, watching the chatroom explode is awesome. A thousand people going "RUINED!" when he paints something that doens't look right then flips to "FUCKING SAVED" when he makes it work. I laughed so fucking hard.

RIP DEVIL

My college art teacher used to shit talk Bob Ross because he thought he sucked at painting.

He never painted happy trees or summoned squirrels. Fuckin' poser.

Someone else said the same thing: had an art teacher that shit on Bob Ross. Not a damn clue why. his landscapes all look really nice, and I appreciate the ease of his technique and that he's actually trying to teach it to people. That's really cool.

Plus the man is just so fucking wonderful.

Someone else said the same thing: had an art teacher that shit on Bob Ross. Not a damn clue why. his landscapes all look really nice, and I appreciate the ease of his technique and that he's actually trying to teach it to people. That's really cool.

Plus the man is just so fucking wonderful.

I'm about to flip buildings.

I'm about to flip buildings.

Just plant some happy little trees in their place and you're good.

How dare Bob Ross make painting accessible to the common man without any hint of pretension or snobbery. Almost like it's just another skill that can learnt by anyone willing to put in the work.

• Like 1

Interesting that Bob was in the service for 20 years. Master Sergeant. Said when he retired he vowed to never yell again. Isn't that something?

Also, I wonder if someone would ever make a digital painting program in his name. One programmed to emphasize how he used his tools in a simple manner.

• Like 1

Interesting that Bob was in the service for 20 years. Master Sergeant. Said when he retired he vowed to never yell again. Isn't that something?

Also, I wonder if someone would ever make a digital painting program in his name. One programmed to emphasize how he used his tools in a simple manner.

A Bob Ross program would be amazing with augmented reality devices like the HoloLens.