Rant: Overly Worried and Depressed

Sidewalk Surfboard

Here I am, bitching again like the whiny little idiot I am.
>inb4 "UGH SHUT UP SIDEWALK YOU'RE A TEENAGER YOU DON'T HAVE REAL PROBLEMS JUST GROW UP"

I'm depressed right now. Why? I'm annoyed with myself. Again. Guess why. Just guess. That's right! My obsessiveness, and my own self loathing. I feel like I'm the most annoying person in the god damned world recently. I'm afraid to talk to people because I know I'm gonna bring up my obsession and I know they're gonna hate me. I don't hate my obsession. I really don't. It makes me happy. I just hate myself for talking about it so much. I'm childish and fucking retarded, I'm like a little autistic kid that never shuts the fuck up. I wouldn't be surprised if most of you hated me at this point. I'm a selfish, horrible teenage idiot who's obsessed with retarded shit. I'm not gonna kill myself or anything, I'm not fucking stupid, but I sure feel like I'm fucking unstable.

Story of my life

My self-esteem is ridiculously low so I worry about anything that comes out of my mouth or is typed out. My topics can be repetitive and seem old to me. 

here' the thing though; you're far from the most annoying person I've met in the world and on this forum. I dont even think you're annoying at all really. I mean think about it, if you were really the most annoying person on here, not many people would be interacting with you and its not like the members on here "fake" liking other people. We're pretty raw about our feelings towards each other here lol.

Honestly, I see you self-flagellate over your obsessions more than I see you actually talk about your obsessions.

If you're honestly that worried about it (Not telling you to be. Rather, just if that's how you feel.),
that's what private spaces and blogs and stuff are for.

Like I talk about my koopa shit a lot on my Tumblr. But if someone goes there, and willingly sticks around, and then gets bothered by it, it's kind of their own fault, because that's my territory to do what I want with.
I'm not shoving it in anyone else's face.

So if you're worried about it, might be an option to seriously consider.

• Like 3

Just now, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Here I am, bitching again like the whiny little idiot I am.
>inb4 "UGH SHUT UP SIDEWALK YOU'RE A TEENAGER YOU DON'T HAVE REAL PROBLEMS JUST GROW UP"

I'm depressed right now. Why? I'm annoyed with myself. Again. Guess why. Just guess. That's right! My obsessiveness, and my own self loathing. I feel like I'm the most annoying person in the god damned world recently. I'm afraid to talk to people because I know I'm gonna bring up my obsession and I know they're gonna hate me. I don't hate my obsession. I really don't. It makes me happy. I just hate myself for talking about it so much. I'm childish and fucking retarded, I'm like a little autistic kid that never shuts the fuck up. I wouldn't be surprised if most of you hated me at this point. I'm a selfish, horrible teenage idiot who's obsessed with retarded shit. I'm not gonna kill myself or anything, I'm not fucking stupid, but I sure feel like I'm fucking unstable.

It's okay man, your obsessions make you you. If you can't be passionate about the things you love, how would you attract people that would share that passion into your life? They'd never know someone like you exists, or that you only exists in their fantasies. 

You're annoying, I'm annoying. Everyone's gonna bug someone. You could be Jesus fucking Christ and you could piss someone off enough to execute you.

You have the right to love yourself. If you didn't deserve to love your existence, you wouldn't exist. 

Also, your problems are always valid to your perspective. Just because I wouldn't be able to perceive any problems from this distance and this perspective doesn't mean they don't exist at ground zero of the Sidewalk Surfboard experience. It would be cruel to say that you shouldn't perceive any problem with the idea of being rejected by others because you're thinking about/talking about/or doing what you love. 

Just now, Half-Note said:

Jebus DID do that though. 0.0

I was using it as an example.

People could think you're so amazing, and wonderful, and special, and everything, but not everyone will agree with that notion. It really doesn't matter who you are. People's opinions are people's opinions. 

Edited by Bloodshot_Eyes
'
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bloodshot_Eyes said:

I was using it as an example.

People could think you're so amazing, and wonderful, and special, and everything, but not everyone will agree with that notion. It really doesn't matter who you are. People's opinions are people's opinions. 

I know you were.

But alas, I have this irrational need to point out the obvious.

Yay me! :D

Yeah, you sperge about fuzzy robots, so what. It's okay to have a pet interest.

But if you think it's causing trouble or its isolating you a little, why not find something else outside of that to interest you? It's not like you have to say byebye to pizzabots or anything. Variety is the spice of life, so on and so forth.

Also I get that you get anxious and panic and stuff, but I strongly recommend getting some alone time and quiet space to stomp it out a little. Then when you calm down a little you can decide then if there was an actual problem at all, and then discuss it later in a more mellow manner. Freaking out is not helpful to anything or anyone - especially since you're gonna realise how you freaked out and then beat yourself up over that, too.

Edited by Sir Gibby
  • Like 2

in an ironic twist, you're obsessing over your own obsessiveness. 

chillax, make a tumblr, and go on liking what you like.  maybe you'll outgrow it.  maybe you'll become the god-president of the world's largest furry robot fanclub.  who knows.  and more importantly, who cares?

• Like 3

If it genuinely upsets you, then you might explore other hobbies and interests.

If you're worried about what other people will think, well, then just find an outlet for that interest that doesn't involve people you're really worried about alienating or boring, and/or just acknowledge that you may end up annoying people as you pursue your interest.

Well, and you know I like to beat my little gavel, but you sound like you could benefit from being able to talk about this stuff to a therapist.

Edited by Troj

i think youre cool, sidewalk, and I dont mind your animatronic robots. In fact, I looked into them from time to time based on the videos you linked because I know its something you like and makes you happy, and I wanted to see what it was about to understand you a bit more.Even if Im never going to share the same level of enthusiasm as you do.

Fun fact, theres tons of weirdos on this forum. Lopori is the primate-obsessed weirdo. Funky3000 is/was into macro junk. Vae has that weird koopa obsession like seriously its that ONE specific koopa. Dev has his fallout. Amiir has his bald alien animal people. I have my dumb fandom and animal obsessions. You're on a forum full of pasty dumb nerds obsessed with random junk in one niche or another, so youre in the right place.

If anything the fact that youre aware it could potentionally annoy people if it's overdone is fair enough...so at this point just have fun with it. And if all else fails be as self deprecating about your shitty hobby as possible.

Its the furfag way

Edited by WolfNightV4X1
  • Like 2

I really REALLY like Steven Universe. And Undertale. I'm basically tumblr, sidewalk. If anyone should be embarrassed it should be me. I actually have a tumblr, where I spend all day reblogging SJW bullshit and Steven Universe/Undertale comics. 

I listen to nothing but Undertale vocal covers right now.

Guess what I talk about at class?

Undertale.

It's okay to be obsessive, as long as you notice that's what you're being, and try not to involve people who are obviously NOT interested. When I was your age I was super obsessed with Naruto, and I did NOT understand the last part of "not involving people who aren't interested" so I was a fun kid to hang out with, lol. Constantly talked about Gaara and how in this fanfic he was this that or the other and it was SUPER INTERESTING WHY AREN'T YOU INTERESTED. 

it's cool man.