Rant: Trying to avoid Star Wars spoilers

Käpt'n

It's impossible. Completely and utterly impossible.

And those sons of bitches are crafty about it, too! I was just reading the comments on a kind of Star Wars related photography tutorial on Youtube, and someone left a comment that started normally but then it suddenly spoiled pretty much the entire movie in like 5 words!

Personally I don't really care too much about spoilers. Most movies are better the second time you watch them when you already know everything anyway. But holy SHIT some people are devious when it comes to spoiling shit... Reminds me of those guys who went into book stores to read the ending of Harry Potter out loud when the last book came out. And when Mass Effect 3 was about to be released I remember a Youtube "review" that began with spoiling the entire plot right away.

Again, I don't really care and I will enjoy the movie on Monday anyway. But getting satisfaction from ruining things for others? That is just freaking disgusting. I hate the internet...

I saw it yesterday, on release day. Even then, it was spoiled for me a few hours before I went to see it; one of my lovely friends commented on a Facebook post with the spoiler on it.

It's not as bad as you might think. It doesn't ruin the film at all. In fact, knowing the spoiler probably makes it more exciting and interesting. See, you know the event is coming. And as it approaches, your heart beats that little bit faster.

2 hours ago, Sar said:

The best way to avoid Star Wars spoilers is to not be interested in Star Wars in the first place.

This is true. I had no interest at all in seeing it, but by brother got the whole family opening day tickets. I successfully avoided spoilers all the way up to seeing the film. Didn't even see any trailers for it.

I actually liked it.

3 hours ago, Sir Gibby said:

apparently its shit

Jar-Jar Abrams basically copied A New Hope and gave it a different lick of paint

Basically, kinda this.

There's nothing very unique about the film in the sense that we've seen everything before. It's more like a reunion film where long-time fans can cheer about the old farts coming back on screen and doing their classic stuff.

That said, it's still an entertaining film and you'll have fun watching it.

• Like 2

If you want to avoid spoilers there's two things you must do.

First, close your internet connection until you can watch the film.
Second, carry a knife and shank anyone who tries to talk about the film.

You will have plenty of time to watch it in prison. Trust me.

I was hoping there was going to be a discussion thread about the movie. Instead, this.

I was arleady kinda spoiled by what the new order had created, who kylo was, and the basic plot. Still, most of the movie took me by surprise.

On Friday, December 18, 2015 at 7:08 AM, DrDingo said:

It's not as bad as you might think. It doesn't ruin the film at all. In fact, knowing the spoiler probably makes it more exciting and interesting. See, you know the event is coming. And as it approaches, your heart beats that little bit faster.

I knew "something" was going to happen to someone. When that scene began though I figured out who and flipped my shit even before the scene was over. It was just that obvious.

On Friday, December 18, 2015 at 7:33 AM, Sir Gibby said:

apparently its shit

Jar-Jar Abrams basically copied A New Hope and gave it a different lick of paint

Pretty much. Though it's still better than the prequels.

At the end of the movie, they all realize they're actually living a fake life in a fake world, get back out from the Matrix, and return to their seats in the Enterprise which ends up getting sucked through a Stargate portal. Then, they finally get out of the Twilight Zone, and are inevitably captured by the folks from the X-Files.... Its CRAZAY

WILL FUCKING SMITH IS THERE

Edited by Wrecker
  • Like 1