Rant: I'm ugly and nobody wants to date me :(

5 hours ago, Butters said:

Men not used to the dating scene quickly learn that taking care of yourself is an admirable quality in a mate. (Women have culturally always had this "be beautiful or you're worthless" culture shoved in their face so they typically are used to it) 

Yeah I do, it won't make someone's face less ugly. Pearly white straight teeth and clear skin and a six pack only get you so far but if your face is ugly as all hell, it's hopeless.

We went full circle back to ugly when the general consensus was this person was indeed not ugly.

Throw in the towel, pack your bags, we have a lost cause here.

A hopeless person with no change will remain hopeless.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 8:35 PM, Pignog said:

lets murder all pretty ppl, then we'll be the pretty ones

Nice try pignog, you just want to be the prettiest of the ugly people

37 minutes ago, Recel said:

But doesn't that mean than he will be pretty and thus has to be killed? Than someone else will be pretty and so on?

It could only end one way.

:V

If everything is ugly, then something can also be beautiful in the eyes of the uglies because they don't know any better

Ugly = beautiful

Uglier = ugly

It's about the beauty/ugliness difference

1 hour ago, មិនស្អាត said:

Yeah I do, it won't make someone's face less ugly. Pearly white straight teeth and clear skin and a six pack only get you so far but if your face is ugly as all hell, it's hopeless.

Man, fuck off if you ain't gonna listen to anything we're saying.

2 minutes ago, មិនស្អាត said:

At what age am I allowed to officially say that nobody loves me and I'm gonna be single forever? I'm 9 years older than that pic.

I said you remind me of!!! 

Anyway 23 is still young. Still a baby really. As for how old can you be till you can say "I'm gonna be single for ever" - that answer is easy ....when you are dead! 

• Like 1

It was stated before that"its only guys who its not easy to date...because girls arent shallow and will go for any guy based on personality more"

There is at least one straight male who is into females having the exact same issue, if it was just easier for females to hook up with males then really, that shouldnt be an issue for them at all. But nope, there are other people out there that exist...in the exact same situation. The same problem but with the other sex. 

You cant play the lack of attractiveness blame game or "the people dont like me because all people of this sex/sexuality are the same." Thats really just hopelessness talk and really nothing is going to come from this thread

Just another recycled Crystal the vixen

Of course, while I realize it was objectively wrong in retrospect, the feeling that I was going to be alone forever was EXTREMELY powerful when I was around that age, especially when "everyone else" seemed to be having no problems.

Add to that the fact that at that point, I had never met anyone with a disability who was in a legitimate romantic relationship that wasn't just born of pure desperation, and on TV and in movies, "people like me" were never depicted in actual romantic or sexual relationships.

20 hours ago, Clove Darkwave said:

So hung up on looks when all that survives the test of time is the mutual passion of interests that brings people together.

I know this was posted 20 hours ago but I think you would agree with me that there is much more to it than that. A person's character is probably the most important trait that ppl consider when choosing a mate. Spouses usually have very different interests anyway. 

I'm interested in my fiance because of who they are, not what they are interested in. 

22 minutes ago, Butters said:

I know this was posted 20 hours ago but I think you would agree with me that there is much more to it than that. A person's character is probably the most important trait that ppl consider when choosing a mate. Spouses usually have very different interests anyway. 

I'm interested in my fiance because of who they are, not what they are interested in. 

20 hours is considered a long time on here to reply to someone? God damn you guys are impatient as fuck.

1 hour ago, Butters said:

I didn't feel the need to state it at that time. Anyway I consider your interests part of your character. Usually the former is what you learn about before the latter. They're the Prologue to a good book.

Spouses usually do? Seems like a claim that cannot be proven to me. Certainly not how it is for me.

My best friend is 37, and still single and alone. Even after I was crushing on him for 10+ years, he's still single (I ended up breaking up with him when we finally dated, cause dreams ≠ reality). Come to think of it, so is my friend who was my second bf who is even older (broke up with him too), and my sorta friend sorta acquaintance who is also a bit older. Actually a lot of my friends who are in their 20's, 30's, and some 40's, are single.

So... It might happen.

1 hour ago, Rassah said:

My best friend is 37, and still single and alone. Even after I was crushing on him for 10+ years, he's still single (I ended up breaking up with him when we finally dated, cause dreams ≠ reality). Come to think of it, so is my friend who was my second bf who is even older (broke up with him too), and my sorta friend sorta acquaintance who is also a bit older. Actually a lot of my friends who are in their 20's, 30's, and some 40's, are single.

So... It might happen.

Wow... you enjoy breaking guy's hearts into pieces?

I enjoy (or not) telling people what the reality of life is, so they stop wasting time in fantasyland and start doing something right. Start figuring out how to live, have fun, and be happy on your own. It's not easy, but it's the most important thing for everyone to learn. Love yourself first, cause no one's going to do it for you until then.

47 minutes ago, Rassah said:

I enjoy (or not) telling people what the reality of life is, so they stop wasting time in fantasyland and start doing something right. Start figuring out how to live, have fun, and be happy on your own. It's not easy, but it's the most important thing for everyone to learn. Love yourself first, cause no one's going to do it for you until then.

My mom says she loves me... when she's drunk.

And it just seems like you think you're too good for everyone. That's how a lot of gay men are tbh.

My mom says she loves me... when she's drunk.

And it just seems like you think you're too good for everyone. That's how a lot of gay men are tbh.

Loving yourself doesn't mean thinking you're too good for everyone. It just means you can be happy and independent, without your happiness depending on someone else, and means you can find someone worthy of being with, and still leave them if they abuse or disappoint you.

• Like 1

On 2016-01-08 at 5:35 PM, WolfNightV4X1 said:

We went full circle back to ugly when the general consensus was this person was indeed not ugly.

Throw in the towel, pack your bags, we have a lost cause here.

A hopeless person with no change will remain hopeless.

Nice try pignog, you just want to be the prettiest of the ugly people

a-aw shucks *blushes* ~uguu

On 2016-01-09 at 2:13 AM, មិនស្អាត said:

At what age am I allowed to officially say that nobody loves me and I'm gonna be single forever? I'm 9 years older than that pic.

8-12 months old

• Like 1

11 hours ago, មិនស្អាត said:

So, happy people think they're better than everyone else?

So that's why I'm not happy! Okay, got it. From now on, I'm better than everyone else. :)
(not really lol)

Why? Do you think you're worse than everyone else?

5 minutes ago, Rassah said:

...because you can only be better or worse, rather than equal? 

On this subject, though, a lot of people do think they are worse than most other people... and a lot of those people are right about it. 

Lots of people are actually ugly on the outside and the inside, and are well aware of it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Because it's a mindfuck question that would either make him say yes, which tells us a lot about him, or make him get defensive, which at least puts him on the right path to start defending himself. But ruined now 9.9

Lots of people are actually ugly on the outside and the inside, and are well aware of it. 

I don't like the ones who are on the inside and not aware of it. But, thinking about it, not just assholes, but people who secretly hate themselves aren't very pretty on the inside either...

My last breakup was based on, "If you can't even love/care for yourself, how can I expect you to love/care for anyone else?"

Edited by Rassah

Looks aren't all that important, trust me. I've seen plenty of couples where one person outshines the other in appearance. People like happy, outgoing, bubbly personalities. Maybe try your luck at a gay bar? I usually have an easy time meeting girls at a regular bar, since my bubbly personality attracts people. Maybe clean yourself up, look sharp, slap on a smile, and go to have a good time. Maybe you'll meet someone, maybe you won't, but a little booze helps lighten the mood most the time regardless.

5 hours ago, Rassah said:

Everybody tells me I am. Long story short, my whole life I've been called pathetic and worthless in every way possible. Hard work hasn't paid off to change anyone's minds. I'm pretty sure God created me so that everyone else would feel better about themselves in comparison to me. It's a good thing I'm gay, I won't accidentally reproduce.

5 hours ago, Saxon said:

On this subject, though, a lot of people do think they are worse than most other people... and a lot of those people are right about it. 

I've tried explaining to people that I'm an equal. They didn't get it. They didn't understand it. So I gave up.

And I'm one of those who is ugly outside and inside, and I'm aware of it. Tried to fix it, failed, so I'm done.

5 hours ago, Rassah said:

Because it's a mindfuck question that would either make him say yes, which tells us a lot about him, or make him get defensive, which at least puts him on the right path to start defending himself. But ruined now 9.9

I don't like the ones who are on the inside and not aware of it. But, thinking about it, not just assholes, but people who secretly hate themselves aren't very pretty on the inside either...

My last breakup was based on, "If you can't even love/care for yourself, how can I expect you to love/care for anyone else?"

That last line is so overused and so false. I still love and care about others. It's just I've been put into the "pathetic" place by society so I know I'm worthless and I was pretty much forced to self-hate. But I love others.

3 hours ago, malibu said:

Looks aren't all that important, trust me. I've seen plenty of couples where one person outshines the other in appearance. People like happy, outgoing, bubbly personalities. Maybe try your luck at a gay bar? I usually have an easy time meeting girls at a regular bar, since my bubbly personality attracts people. Maybe clean yourself up, look sharp, slap on a smile, and go to have a good time. Maybe you'll meet someone, maybe you won't, but a little booze helps lighten the mood most the time regardless.

No nearby gay bars. I'm not social enough to do IRL socialization, honestly. That shit never works. I've tried it before.

8 minutes ago, មិនស្អាត said:

Everybody tells me I am. Long story short, my whole life I've been called pathetic and worthless in every way possible. Hard work hasn't paid off to change anyone's minds.

Maybe that was your problem. You've worked so hard to change other people's minds, you forgot to change your own?

8 minutes ago, មិនស្អាត said:

That last line is so overused and so false. I still love and care about others.

If all it is, is words and feelings, without self respect behind it, then all it is, is empty words and feelings, and you're just being a leech draining others of their emotion to fill up a lack of your own. Just love, the feeling, alone doesn't accomplish much.

And think of it this way, even if your face is as ugly as an ass (you're butt-ugly), as long as you're OK with giving head, you'll still be attractive to the gays :D

there's a hint of truth to the saying "if you don't love yourself, how can you love someone else?" but it's also a pretty damaging statement too only because it implies you're incapable of giving love or that you're unworthy of receiving it when being even kind of okay with yourself is really hard. I mean for some I guess that's motivation to improve but for others that just makes things worse.

I've tried explaining to people that I'm an equal. They didn't get it. They didn't understand it. So I gave up.

well here's your first problem. I feel like this may have already been pointed out but you rely too heavily on the approval of other people

1 minute ago, willow said:

well here's your first problem. I feel like this may have already been pointed out but you rely too heavily on the approval of other people

Well going up to people and demanding they tell you if "you're an equal" doesn't exactly make people think you're remotely self-confident...or mentally balanced in general. That's why these kinds of things are typically inferred without asking directly.

Just now, PastryOfApathy said:

Well going up to people and demanding they tell you if "you're an equal" doesn't exactly make people think you're remotely self-confident...or mentally balanced in general. That's why these kinds of things are typically inferred without asking directly.

I just kind of thought it was implied

I dunno, I found the person I'm in love with because we got to know each other over the span of 6 years. When I needed help, she gave me everything, and it was pretty obvious who cared about me unconditionally. Now that we're living together that love just gets stronger and stronger.

• Like 2