Hi! We're the Fine Brothers, and We Want to Fuck Your YouTube Career!

RileytheNerdQueen

React World  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Good or Bad?

• Good!
    • Bad!
    • I don't know.

I'm on the fence about this still. The way they described it in their "damage control" video is exactly what they're doing. It's much like a restaurant chain allowing people to run a single restaurant as part of the franchise. You own the restaurant, but you have their recipes and marketing signs and commercials to promote you. You're making money, but they're taking a small share for allowing you to use their resources. That's exactly what's happening here. The FineBros are licensing their SPECIFIC format, which includes everything you see in their multitude of series. Anyone can still make their own react videos and do it how they want, but you now have the option to go through the FineBros to have access to all the resources they bring to the table. Instead of having to start from ground zero, you'll be given the plethora of graphics they have as well as access to everything you need to start off well, not to mention you'll be put in contact with all of their subscribers.

However, I don't see the need for them to copyright/trademark/whatever the specific words. Perhaps their style, yes, but the words? That seems a bit money-grubbing to me, as well as an easy way for them to take out the competition. Can't make good react videos if you can't have the right words in the title, you know? So that part has me on edge, and I'm hoping that they decide to take a step back and really look at the decisions they're making. I think ReactWorld could be a good idea since the community that follows them wants to be a bigger part of them, and that would allow them to film videos and whatnot, but I see no need to copyright words. I mean, can you even do that? It seems like it would be hella hard to get that approved.

I dunno. I want to have faith in them cause I've enjoyed their videos since years and years ago, but this is worrisome.

4 hours ago, GamingGal said:

I'm on the fence about this still. The way they described it in their "damage control" video is exactly what they're doing. It's much like a restaurant chain allowing people to run a single restaurant as part of the franchise. You own the restaurant, but you have their recipes and marketing signs and commercials to promote you. You're making money, but they're taking a small share for allowing you to use their resources. That's exactly what's happening here. The FineBros are licensing their SPECIFIC format, which includes everything you see in their multitude of series. Anyone can still make their own react videos and do it how they want, but you now have the option to go through the FineBros to have access to all the resources they bring to the table. Instead of having to start from ground zero, you'll be given the plethora of graphics they have as well as access to everything you need to start off well, not to mention you'll be put in contact with all of their subscribers.

However, I don't see the need for them to copyright/trademark/whatever the specific words. Perhaps their style, yes, but the words? That seems a bit money-grubbing to me, as well as an easy way for them to take out the competition. Can't make good react videos if you can't have the right words in the title, you know? So that part has me on edge, and I'm hoping that they decide to take a step back and really look at the decisions they're making. I think ReactWorld could be a good idea since the community that follows them wants to be a bigger part of them, and that would allow them to film videos and whatnot, but I see no need to copyright words. I mean, can you even do that? It seems like it would be hella hard to get that approved.

I dunno. I want to have faith in them cause I've enjoyed their videos since years and years ago, but this is worrisome.

this kind of reminds me of when T.Swift trademarked some of the phrases from her 1989 album among others. or when the company that makes those Candy Crush games tried trademarking the word 'candy'. it's all pretty meaningless. nothing really comes from stuff like this. people are gonna complain about it for awhile, forget it happened, and then move on to something else controversial.

granted this is a little different since I guess someone's videos got taken down or has the potential to because of this but honestly, react videos are pretty boring in themselves unless you're reacting to something fucked up and then it's kind of funny but the FineBros do actually have a format to their videos that is unique to them

but oh well, haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate :v

Edited by willow

Camo Rovak's furry reaction videos are great, largely due to the always-hilarious contributions of Twitch da Woof.

In one video, Twitch complains about how he used to be the only person in the fandom who really liked to party and drink, and he goes on this incredible rant about furries at some convention eating at an Applebee's knock-off restaurant and drinking generic beer that "wouldn't fuck up your mom if she took it anally."

Edited by Troj
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RileytheNerdQueen said:

As of right now, they've lost 100,000 subs overnight on their main channel.  Let's see if they'll lose even more by tonight.

Don't worry, at the end of this they'll still have a good following because the average person is rather stupid.

1 hour ago, #00Buck said:

It would be ironic if someone did a "homeless people react" video and it was the fine bros living in a cardboard box.

I laughed entirely too hard at this.

36 minutes ago, Nova said:

Omg there is a youtube livestream where you can see how fast they lose subs

It's like a weird Let's Play, only it's a Let's Unsub.

3 minutes ago, Sutekh_the_Steak said:

Holy shit, they've lost another 50,000 subscribers since I last checked. This is insane.

There's a livestream on YT right now just so you can watch how many they're losing. Currents stats are 5 unsubs a second.

4 hours ago, Maug said:

The irony is that they probability will still have  10million+ subs after the turmoil is over

That's a lot of 12yr olds.

Edited by Ratmomma
derped and didn't see the linkage above
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

Wooooooooow, they removed the React World video announcement  from their channel xD 

Thank you Youtube video download clients...

That won't do shit for them now. They DUN GOOFED.

Also, an interesting thought (maybe mentioned in this thread already but I've been to glued to other sites covering this shit), but wouldn't the bulk of their videos be subject to DMCA claims, considering most don't fall under Fair Use or Derivative Work (and for that matter, all reaction videos across youtube)?

16 hours ago, Maug said:

Thanks for intoducting me to IDE, I watched a few of his episodes. I was surprised how tame the Furry episode was and how butt hurt some furs where about the episode regardless.

Well yeah but even good press is negative press because how dare anyone expose the fandom to the mainstream! They must all be horrible horrible trolls and bawww they will ruin the fandom! 

Ugh... It hurt to type that.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2016 at 5:12 AM, Mr. Fox said:

From raging Pitbull to little doggy with tail between it's legs.

This is to good.

More like raging Jersey Shore cast member, but 500% less orange.

19 hours ago, Hakar-Kerarmor said:

Who the fuck are these two dickheads, why are over 13 million people following them, and why does anyone take them seriously when they say they want to copyright the act of recording your face while you're looking at something?

13.7 million followers... 12 million are bots. The rest are edgy tweens.

On 2/2/2016 at 0:48 AM, 6tails said:

Nope. Reactions count as commentary. This is how anime streamers are getting away with (and ruining) subbed episodes of stuff, by overlaying their own reaction video on top of the other video. At least, that's the legal theory behind how everyone's doing this.

Hm.... theory.

Eh, I fucking hate reaction channels anyway. All I think of are a group of dip shits huddled around a screen making the most obnoxious, boisterous cackling at some twat reacting to a thing.

• Like 1

"You gotta captivate your audience!" - Some guy on the Street

YouTube is the spawn of media business now, which comes at low costs and exploits the search engine and the people who chose to "work" there. I just assume anything regarding react channels are for the worse.

Keep YouTube as a hobby pls.

13 hours ago, Hakar-Kerarmor said:

Make sure at least one says "I'd yiff that." every time an animal appears on screen.

*ibex*
"I'd yiff that."
*bear*
"I'd yiff that."
*owl*
"I'd yiff that."
*enlarged photo of a dust mite*
"...how do you fuck that? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO YIFF THAT?! WHAT THE FU-"
*PLEASE STAND BY, WE ARE EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES*