What's This?

Wrecker

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

(All real numbers are complex, so they technically already are!)

I once lost >36,000 posts when a forum closed.

Loser. 

49 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Oh you guys. Look at it this way we're doing them a service. It was the shitposting that made that site so popular and traffic heavy in the first place. 

True. Like the people who come to the furry con just for the poop smeared on the hotel walls. 

22 hours ago, ArielMT said:

It's working now, but hilariously HTTPS is silently 301'd by CloudFlare to HTTP.

(Tip: Doing it right when you make SSL available would be to 301 HTTP connections to HTTPS, forcing instead of stopping SSL connections.)

Well, the HTTPS redirect is now happening, but the base href is still HTTP resulting in JavaScript-less and CSS-less joy without overriding Firefox on every page load.

Also, unless some of us (including at least one former forum admin) got put in a special group, forum database importing went even less smoothly than they expected.  I'm not only unable to post new threads there, I'm unable to post replies or anything there.

Possibly related, the reason I can't edit my sig there is because at least one of the preference pages, https://forums.furaffinity.net/account/personal-details, gives a permission-denied error page.

6 hours ago, ArielMT said:

Well, the HTTPS redirect is now happening, but the base href is still HTTP resulting in JavaScript-less and CSS-less joy without overriding Firefox on every page load.

Also, unless some of us (including at least one former forum admin) got put in a special group, forum database importing went even less smoothly than they expected.  I'm not only unable to post new threads there, I'm unable to post replies or anything there.

Possibly related, the reason I can't edit my sig there is because at least one of the preference pages, https://forums.furaffinity.net/account/personal-details, gives a permission-denied error page.

tried different browsers? chrome kept giving me errors, firefox oddly worked fine

5 hours ago, Draconas said:

tried different browsers? chrome kept giving me errors, firefox oddly worked fine

Firefox on Windows is laugably broken for me. It can't escape the redirect loop.

Firefox on Unix works fine. Too well, in fact, resulting in the unstyled pages and the warning padlock about mixed content.

I never got around to installing Chrome on Windows, and I wouldn't use it much anyway because it doesn't have a selective JavaScript blocker either built-in or as a third-party extension.

Chromium on Unix works just as hard to save me from misconfigured sites, warning about loading scripts from unauthenticated sources. This is what I'm seeing:

unsafe-scripts.thumb.png.32aedb6ea849d74

And this is why. Look at lines 11 and 13 in the HTML source:

unsafe-scripts-reason.thumb.png.0e7d7c83

Edit: I obviously took the screenies before logging in, but I still got the same permission-denied error after logging in.

Edited by ArielMT

I think I figured out what I want to do with the new Phoenix/FAF split. Not sure how that'll affect the community

First thought was naturally trolling/lurking/ignoring FAF because naturally theres a lot of disgust towards the subpar staffing and the poor history behind it

But I mean...Im actually starting to like some of the new folks rolling in already. It keeps things fresh and vibrant, and bring new friends and faces. Not to mention the art community is bound to be even more thriving with the influx of FA travelers.

Phoenix has a pretty nice no BS tight-knit community what with discord and the forums. Obviously being able to build an entirely new forum out of old close regulars is a testament in itself, that clearly makes it superior. But alas, its closedness always left me to wonder if it would potentionally stagnate.

Naturally I have no life so I can still view both forums whenever :P

I hope my choosing to continue with FAF isnt somw kind of betrayal :V

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

I hope my choosing to continue with FAF isnt somw kind of betrayal :V

Nah, I've decided to hang around there for art stuffs too.  That's mostly where I spent time there anyway. I've been more active on Phoenix than I ever was on FAF, I really like atmosphere here.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, willow said:

If I'm not mistaken those are just stand ins until they actually fill the positions. FA has he same thing 

Moderator-Gazelle is active and was the face (-less?) of response to my trouble report.

12 minutes ago, KingGigabyte said:

.Huh, I know Gazelle is active currently, but that's interesting hmm.

They feel more like robots than ever.  That goes a long way toward advancing genuine transparency.  Wait, no, sorry, the exact opposite of transparency.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KingGigabyte said:

.Huh, I know Gazelle is active currently, but that's interesting hmm.

Just now, ArielMT said:

Moderator-Gazelle is active and was the face (-less?) of response to my trouble report.

I mean they could be actual people but if they're anything like the Moderator-Animals on FA, they're just socks or something

5 minutes ago, ArielMT said:

They feel more like robots than ever.  That goes a long way toward advancing genuine transparency.  Wait, no, sorry, the exact opposite of transparency.

1 minute ago, willow said:

I mean they could be actual people but if they're anything like the Moderator-Animals on FA, they're just socks or something

Nah I think their sock puppets cause their replies are different depending on the situation. They could be actual people tho who knows.

5 minutes ago, ArielMT said:

It just means that you do not have to deal with a pack of angry users you infracted. :V

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, willow said:

They are functionally equivalent to sockpuppets even if they're not socks per se.  A better analogy is megacorporate CSRs: The names of representatives are hollow echoes of transparency and meaningless for accountability.

• Like 3

Dear Moderator-Gazelle,

I apologize if my comment had been viewed as 'innapropriate'. As a veteran of the forums I feel it is my duty to be a active and friendly civilian amongst the community.  Keep in mind that upon submission of my post no harm was meant rather than simply stating an actual response which is prevalent among the community as a whole and is relevant in discussion and of course a fairly natural phenomenon, I did not feel that the word should have been viewed as 'innapropriate', and have never been infracted for such an action in the past. Please consider my reasoning upon future posts.

With respect,

WolfNight

I hope this is passive aggressive enough to piss them off

3 minutes ago, Saxon said:

..what? 

No idea if they're still doing it, but as far as my knowledge goes, if you happened to use fandom terms like "furry, fursona, yiff" and all that stuff in forum messages, you could get an infraction/ban.
EDIT: There y'go, found my source: http://furry-neopians.livejournal.com/8795.html

Edited by Valery91Thunder

Bullocks! That's no MY signature, I'm a dear sweet angel who has a pure record to maintain and would do no wrong. I dindu nuffin!

Howeeeever, I kind of want to mess with FAF but without them knowing I am.

If they're going to treat me like a troll Im going to do it damn under the radar

I feel like every thread I'm going to post for now on is going to have a subliminal message in the first letter of every word to say things that would otherwise get you banned.

Come, here are some exciting ideas so a discussion occurs. Go, discuss ice-cream dear dandy lovers, everyone react!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, 6tails said:

C'mon, this is the furry fandom you're addressing here. Petty shit is like #2 or #3 specialty for us.

Yeahhh, I know. But still, I'm entitled to say what I want :v

11 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Im not there to ruin things so much as have fun and mess around

Same as I would do here

I effortpost most of the time anyways, just sayin yo

2mucheffort4me

13 hours ago, Zeke said:

But it also shows a bit of irresponsibility (As well as absolving of responsibility) in the event that the "rubutt-mod" account does make a mistake and punishes users in a heavy-handed fashion.  It's a double-edged sword. 

So much for transparency huh.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KingGigabyte said:

So much for transparency huh.

Pretty much. I posted 2 things that got auto removed by Asia Neko. One was removed for "Please do not discuss administrative disputes on the forums"

And the other was.. well here's what I posted. 

This post is NOT being made to "discuss administrative disputes on the forums." It is being made to DISCUSS the staff and mainsite as a whole.

19 comments have been hidden by the admins on the recent Fender journal about the forums, and one has been hidden by the page owner. 90% of them are being hidden for answering the question of "Where have the forums been for the last 6+ months."

So very simply. Where's the transparency that was promised to the userbase? Why is it that whenever someone tries to put the relevant information out into the open, they are censored/suspended/banned? Why when we have someone saying the situation was handled in a prior news post, and when it's pointed out that it really wasn't, they are ignored?

And the reason from Asia Neko was, and I'm not even joking "Please do not discuss content of this nature on our site. It is disruptive and erroneous. This does not follow our rules. Your message may have been removed or altered."