Kinny's Tavern

Kinharia

*Stares at the furless being in her pub* We have carbonated water, or tap water if that is okay. I'll just give you both! *goes into the back and gets some tap water in a tall, thin glass with a lemon wedge and places it on the table in front of DrGravitas." Oh yes and the sparklin'! *returns to the back and finds a bottle of sparkling water with a label saying "best before 1994 and places it next to DrGravitas' tap water*

*Walks over to Brazen and pokes with a broom* Yep, passed out, anyone mind helping me move it to the water trough outside? *Places her broom down and grabs Brazen by the arms*

*Drops Brazens arms and walks back to her counter and cleans Astus' cup and then looks to Malibu*

We got Lemonade that comes with an actual full lemon in it!

* slowly pushes the door of the the tavern open as it's barely greased, slightly rusted hinges let out a discreet but sound squeak*

Good day folks, I'm just a foxy on the road, passing by, looking for a place to quench it's thirst and for ears to listen to it's blues...

*steps towards the counter, holding a seemingly heavy guitar case, his pawsteps breaking the silence along with his heavy panting breath
*slowly drags a stool from the bar and sits, turning his back to the bottles against the wall, facing the customers*

Pour me whatever you think what follows will earn me boss.

* reaches for his guitar case and lowers it carefully on the counter to behind him, a bit of dust falls from it as it makes contact with the wooden surface*

* flicks open the locks of the case one by one, throwing clouds of dust in the air that move around, akin to ghosts, that one could see as those haunting the fox's mind. The spectral forms dance around the fox's jacket in the yellow light of the bar, highligting the wear of it, quite an intense one for it seems to have been on the road for eons*
*takes out an old electric guitar, a Gibson SG, clad in a worn and faded out desert burst color, a faux fur fox tail hanging off the bottom strap pole*

I'm Kooky, and this is Fluffy, here's our story...

*starts strumming away at the unplugged guitar*

[Aida pokes his muzzle through the door and slowly enters the pub. His eyes seem to glow under the light. He struts up to the counter and reaches into a side pouch affixed to his hip and pulls out...a handful of random assortment of shiny objects and places them on the counter]

Lemonade, darling

The Tasmanian devil looks about nervously, eyeing up his fellow patrons. Under his cloak he favors a shiny silver blade, twirling it about on the tip of his finger. A wicked grin passes over his face now and again, half-moon eyes darting about. If you didn't know better, you might think this gentleman is up to no good.

Finally, his gaze rests on very particular patron, drinking unawares. He stands. He smiles. In his slinking traipse, he ducks his head in a practiced effort to remain inconspicuous. Shadows twist and turn to cover his face, masking his intent. The cantrip to do so is simple enough: and though it costs him a precious Secret to maintain this obfuscation, he fears his patched eye and scars would otherwise give away his past and occupation.

He feels his Soul tugged in a particular direction, urging him closer and closer to some unseen point as he slinks across the room, a trained ear listening for words both spoken and unspoken, the creature calculated in his casual circling movements, closing uncomfortably near to his target...

• Like 2

Skye enters the pub and suavely approaches the bar.  Unaware of the menu, he makes his order.

"I'll take a dry Martini in a deep champagne goblet; three measures of Gordon's, one of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it very well until it's ice-cold, then add a large thin slice of lemon peel. Got it?"

Now appearing with a thin stubble of fur extruding from his skin, Gravitas approaches the bartender.

"It seems I...er, left my coins elsewhere. But, I'd be happy to do a bit of work for a line of credit! Say, starting by helping take outside the fellow on the floor?" *Gestures at Brazen*

A gust of wind forces open the door to the tavern. Sitting at the foot of the doorway is what appears to be a tumbleweed wearing a derby hat and monocle sporting a curly moustache; until a draft of wind once again rolls through the portal, carrying with it the tumbling mass of dried foliage up to a stool at the bar.

"Qué ho, si dies establecimiento tut no dienen cerveza, dann por qué machen tú anruf esta ein taberna? Bringen yo etwas a bekommen yo gehämmert o gesicht la folgen!"

With that, the wind picked up once again, rolling the tumbleweed off its perch, and shambling it out the door.
You are clueless to what just happened.

• Like 8

A well-dressed porcupine wearing a hooded cloak and holding a doctor's bag stands outside the door contemplating whether or not to enter the tavern. A tumbleweed speaking a language not known by the porcupine brushes passed and exits the establishment.

Oh my...that was...interesting.

*pokes head through the door before pulling back*

Yeeesh...a good amount of people. Some look a bit intimidating. It's ok. You can do this! You're thirsty afterall.

*pushes the door open but stumbles and trips while attempting to walk through the doorway*

"OOF!", he says as he hits the ground.

*looks up, anticipating all the awkward stares*

"Umm...h-hello travelers!", said with a shaking voice. "I guess that weed wasn't the only thing tumbling around, huh?" 

Good job. GREAT entrance. Even better recovery. Ugh.

*stammers towards the bar and hops up onto a stool barely keeping balance as it wobbles side to side while trying not to fall over*

"Uh...yeah", he says while rubbing his neck and smiling sheepishly at the barkeep. "Two lemonades please! On one of them hold the 'ade'."

*fumbling through his bag his whole arm sinks into the seemingly shallow satchel*

Motioning for the barkeep to hold on a second the rodent says, "I don't currently have any coin but I do have some stuff to barter!"

*his arm and head now deep in the bag as muffled words are heard*

Popping out of the bag with plastic wrapped goodness in his closed fist he exlaims, "I can pay you in fine sweets!"

*drops some butterscotch, taffy, peppermint, and fruit candies on the bar*

"I hope this is acceptable." 

*grins*

Edited by Vaer
  • Like 1

Lord overshear turned around to face the newcomer with a smile, tossing him a coin with a 5 and a portrait of nicola tesla. "Here, have a drink on me" he sipped his own drink and looked the porcupine over with a slight smirk, but refrained from saying anything, lifting a device by his feet and polishing the barrel.

Vance grinned in delight as the goofy new otter visitor appeared, unfurling a single wing to pat the sheep punning @FenrirDarkWolf on the back.

Just then a faint glow caught the corner of his eye drawing his attention away from him and beside him on a barstool sat the cybernetically enhanced fox. "want to catch a movie sometime?" @lazermaster5  bluntly stated. Vance blinked at the fox and with a shrug decided "Sure, I hear everyones worked up over this zootopia thing, so why not try it eh?"

He watched as a porcupine entered, awkwardly tossing candies on the table as compensation only to be covered by the generous sheep. Vance leaned in closer to Silas and mumbles "But first, Do you think we can get in on that dude's stash? He's got some sweet stuff"

• Like 1

*After spending sometime in the back of the store gathering supplies to be placed on the shelves behind the counter, Kinharia once more emergences to the storefront and is taken aback by the amount of customers that have appeared in such a short time*

Well damn, I need to manage my time better for next time! Don't worry folks! Drinks are on their way!

*With a panicked look on her face, Kinharia begins grabbing various differen't styles of glasses from Steins to Cocktails, Mugs to Horns and begins to fill them from the cold taps that are spread all around the counter. Although the colours all appear slightly different, some even lacking in carbonation, Kinharia tries to assure her customers that it is indeed lemonade and that the differences is just the countries of origins.*

Okay nearly ready folks! Hang in tight for the show!

*Qs a final touch, Kinharia starts sliding the glasses down to the thirsty clients, the glasses not missing a single person! And then for the grand Finale of this spectacle, she rolls a lemon to each person!*

ENJOY!

*Shes begins to whisper lowly* I may have said that too loud.

The figure takes his drink and smiles politely, and heads for an empty table in the back corner. He stares puzzledly at the whole lemon in his hand, and awkwardly stuffs it in the pocket of his long jacket. Sitting down, he pulls out an iPhone and begins to browse the Internet while avoiding eye contact. 

A level 3 coyote rogue enters the tavern in search of an adventuring party to backstab and loot I mean go questing with. The coyote walks up to an attractive female and asks to buy her a drink. He rolls a 1 on his persuasion check, which comes out to -1 with his charisma bonus. A drink is thrown at the coyote's face.

• Like 6

Vance certainly didnt expect to acquire the goods in such a devious manner from his sly pickpocketing fox friend, but he gratefully popped a few M&M's in his mouth.

Glancing at the porcupine with a glint of mischief in his eye, he decided a fair recompense for the theft was none other than aN IMMORTAL BATTLE TO THE DEATH. Glancing again at a lemon propped innocently and then at his friends and unnofficial teammates, Fenrir and Silas, he flutters on top of the bar counter, standing proudly he shouts throughout the entire bar

"LEMON FIIIIIGHT"

proceeding to launch the projectile fruit at the yet-to-suspect porcupine, his aim missing and having the lemon hit the dude on his iPhone

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

The coyote rogue takes the lemon from the figure and places it in his inventory. The coyote rogue has become overencumbered. The coyote rogue looks through his inventory and considers discarding a less important object. The coyote rogue has several pieces of low level gear, a telepathic magic staff which gives a quest, and many books from the series "The Lusty Argonian Maid." The books account for roughly 90% of the coyote's carried wright. The staff instantly appears on the ground before the boring figure.

Edited by Zop
  • Like 3