Sausage Party: A rated R CG animated movie

DevilishlyHandsome49

This is how I'm guessing this is going to work out: Idiot parents will think just because it is CGI Animated movie, that it's safe for kids. Said parents will be shocked that an R-rated movie isn't safe for children and complain to the studio. Controversy rises and it either becomes a huge hit or a cult classic depending on how Sony handles the situation.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Rhíulchabán said:

I really want this to be good, but I fear it will flop :( 

2 minutes ago, Kosha said:

This is how I'm guessing this is going to work out: Idiot parents will think just because it is CGI Animated movie, that it's safe for kids. Said parents will be shocked that an R-rated movie isn't safe for children and complain to the studio. Controversy rises and it either becomes a huge hit or a cult classic depending on how Sony handles the situation.

Yeah society still sees animated stuff as a "for kids" thing nowadays. I look forward to seeing dumbass parents take their kids to see this by accident. Truly bring to the light how parents don't do enough research about what they're exposing their kids too :P

I see this becoming a cult classic since it will be too unusual for people. On the bright side, it could pave the way for more adult animated films.

And someone made a comment saying this reminded them of FoodFight...I hope it doesn't actually end up like it...

To be honest the premise seems really silly and dumb (and done before; a la happy tree friends and annoying orange)

If I am ever excited for it its because its a step the animation industry is taking in expressing an art to another kind of audience and having different themes (ones that could not be featured in children's films)

2D Animation has greatly thrived in the adult cartoon field, and its really interesting to see 3D cgi take the sharp turn it has.

Honestly it bewilders me how some adults dont even like cartoons animation, even if it isnt a kids cartoon (and even if it IS a kids cartoon, lots of 'kids' cartoons have deep and implicit themes only older viewers could appreciate and understand the depth of)

• Like 2

If you guys want to see a good CGI film, I suggest 9. Rated PG-13 for darker themes and scary images. Beautiful movie, highly underrated. In fact I dont remember it being popular and I wonder if its because Im just crazy for liking it

Maybe because the title '9' fades to obscurity

9finalposter.jpg

Edited by WolfNightV4X1
  • Like 1

Just now, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Edit: I just looked, and Im quite surprised to see its one of the only PG-13 movies (if not only) thats animated that isnt anime or adult cartoon (i.e Simpsons, Futurama, Family guy)

Highly highly underrated

Oh my god I remember 9! I bit on the short side but I fucking loved the feel of the movie! Dark and depressing, creepy in some parts and just plain bleak. I wish it was longer and I wish they made a sequel to it :c

8 minutes ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

Oh my god I remember 9! I bit on the short side but I fucking loved the feel of the movie! Dark and depressing, creepy in some parts and just plain bleak. I wish it was longer and I wish they made a sequel to it :c

Aye, sadly its lackluster audience following may be due to the vague and open-ended plot, leaving a lot about the characters, the world, and the ending in mystery. Definitely a work of art that could very much benefit from better writing, but I cant stop watching it

Also, I almost forgot to mention book/movie animations, the iconic ones being plague dogs and watership down

1 minute ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Aye, sadly its lackluster audience following may be due to the vague and open-ended plot, leaving a lot about the characters, the world, and the ending in mystery. Definitely a work of art that could very much benefit from better writing, but I cant stop watching it

Also, I almost forgot to mention book/movie animations, the iconic ones being plague dogs and watership down

I think I  heard of plague dogs but not watership down. Definitely will have to check them out now

I was surprised to find that the trailer is kind of funny. I think the film might be good, but at the same time, it bothers me. Why is it that the first adult animated film in a while is a comedy? Why are almost all adult animated works comedies? I'd really like to see an animated film that pursues darker themes and is like that for violence, language, and just in general mature content. I fear that companies may think that such films wouldn't sell, and I fear even worse that they may be right.

• Like 1

It's horrible: I can't keep my eyes off of it. Like a car crash :U
The bread lady honestly looks like something that came out of a nightmare: there's literally nothing working with her design, the eyes are just drawn and glued on her like they don't belong there, the sideways mouth looking like a vagina (because she's female, probably???) the bread tits? Why? D:

The concept also has so many holes, like I can understand vegetables wanting to be picked up and brought home as they grew from the ground and they (in the logic of the movie, I guess) know no better, but the sausages? It's processed meat, don't they have memories of, y'know, being part of an animal before?

Just now, Battlechili said:

I was surprised to find that the trailer is kind of funny. I think the film might be good, but at the same time, it bothers me. Why is it that the first adult animated film in a while is a comedy? Why are almost all adult animated works comedies? I'd really like to see an animated film that pursues darker themes and is like that for violence, language, and just in general mature content. I fear that companies may think that such films wouldn't sell, and I fear even worse that they may be right.

It's because for the most part adults don't go to animated movies, unless it's with their kids or something. Namely due to the prevailing train of thought that animated movie = for kids and not a super mature, sophisticated adult like myself. There have been attempts to change this throughout the years (a couple notable examples being animated movies such as Heavy Metal and Fritz the Cat), but there failures only served to further cement this seemingly set-in-stone rule of Hollywood.

However as everyone no doubt knows, The Simpsons kinda happened and went on to become one of the biggest things to ever exist in pop culture. So much so in fact it single-handedly created the one singular exception to the "adults don't watch cartoons" rule, namely that they'll only watch animated things if it's a comedy and it's one TV. Archer, King of the Hill, Family Guy all comedies.

Closest thing we'll get to "darker" animated movies becoming profitable and worth doing is things like Zootopia which remain adamantly kid-friendly but tackle various "adult" themes. That and the increased amount of leeway given to animated kids movies when it comes to adult jokes that happened after Shrek happened and changed mainstream animated movies forever.

In any event unless we get another 'Simpsons-level' explosion over an animated show that's not a comedy (which will never happen seeing as the Simpsons was effecttively a once in a millennia occurrence), it's not gonna happen.

Since we're talking about adult movies with "kiddie" elements in it, this might also be Sony's response to the Ted movies, considering those two films are recent (at least compared to Fritz and Heavy Metal) and made quite a lot of money despite the panning from the critique: the only difference is that they decided to go full-animation instead of a live action/CGI mix.

Edited by Valery91Thunder

The vagina mouth on the bun creeps me the fuck out.

Also apparently a leaked script confirms that there is a giant food orgy and apparently a douche (don't know if that is literally a douche or a person who is a douchebag) fingers a rat in the ass or something.

I'm torn on this because I want there to be more adult-oriented animated films and I've liked some of seth rogan's work in the past but this is just... creepy and gross.

5 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

It's because for the most part adults don't go to animated movies, unless it's with their kids or something. Namely due to the prevailing train of thought that animated movie = for kids and not a super mature, sophisticated adult like myself. There have been attempts to change this throughout the years (a couple notable examples being animated movies such as Heavy Metal and Fritz the Cat), but there failures only served to further cement this seemingly set-in-stone rule of Hollywood.

However as everyone no doubt knows, The Simpsons kinda happened and went on to become one of the biggest things to ever exist in pop culture. So much so in fact it single-handedly created the one singular exception to the "adults don't watch cartoons" rule, namely that they'll only watch animated things if it's a comedy and it's one TV. Archer, King of the Hill, Family Guy all comedies.

Closest thing we'll get to "darker" animated movies becoming profitable and worth doing is things like Zootopia which remain adamantly kid-friendly but tackle various "adult" themes. That and the increased amount of leeway given to animated kids movies when it comes to adult jokes that happened after Shrek happened and changed mainstream animated movies forever.

In any event unless we get another 'Simpsons-level' explosion over an animated show that's not a comedy (which will never happen seeing as the Simpsons was effecttively a once in a millennia occurrence), it's not gonna happen.

As bad as it is that anime has a creepy nerd teenager cult following stereotype, there's a reason its popular as an animated cartoon genre.  It's one of the few animated genres that isnt just comedy and often tackles grimmer, darker themes, and has the ability to add violence and sexual content without it being in a goofy, perverse way or just for the sake of it (well, sometimes).

There's a handful of other animations on tv of non-Japanese origin (featured on kids cartoon channels) that can also do this but these are almost always shown at some obscure time like 11:30 and on toonami. Often they come in the form of like, justice league or something. 

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

12 hours ago, Battlechili said:

I don't know of many mature animated movies of the sort. However, Persepolis is one of them. I highly recommend it