Telling if somebody is banned?

Wax

I was reading some older comments on threads from about a month ago, and I noticed some of the users on it had parts of their profile edited so that it heavily implied they'd been banned. For example, I've seen a user title where instead of 'Member' it says 'Banned,' or I've seen profile pictures with big red Xs through them. Yet, when I go onto their profile it says their profile is in good standing and their reputation is excellent. Are they joking that they've been banned? And is there one definitive way to tell if a profile has been banned or not?

I'm confused about it too. I know there's a Banned group but it doesn't have every banned person from the looks of it. I assumed that maybe the X avatars was something automatic added to one of the forum updates, but I'm not sure.

(That Dragoneer account is gold)

The reputation thing is the amount of likes the user had and being banned doesn't affect that

users with X's or the word 'Banned' in their profile are permanently banned though. we're doing that because there is really no way to tell when someone is banned here. 

6 minutes ago, willow said:

The reputation thing is the amount of likes the user had and being banned doesn't affect that

users with X's or the word 'Banned' in their profile are permanently banned though. we're doing that because there is really no way to tell when someone is banned here. 

I don't know what extent of power the mods have,
but you could just change their user title to "banned" or "banned user", if that's an option.

1 hour ago, Vae said:

I don't know what extent of power the mods have,
but you could just change their user title to "banned" or "banned user", if that's an option.

yeah we started doing that a few weeks ago

not sure if we'll do that for temp bans but the permanent ones definitely 

Just chiming in to say, yes, we now add X's to permabanned member's avatars. Temp bans? Nah, if they're only like a couple days that'd be silly. The only way to tell a person is permabanned is that Red X on a person's ava- so red xs on regular avas are probably a no-go nowadays. Who knows, probably gonna go on the next SOTU.

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

That Dragoneer one is epik. I wonder if it was Pastry or Zara that started it, seems like their style.

So what happened to that General Lee guy? It was an alt account, wasn't it? I'm guessing Eversleep.

He was actually not eversleep. He was some dude who wanted to drag drama from elsewhere up on here.

But I'm not going into detail, for the privacy of the involved.
It's just not eversleep.

13 hours ago, Vae said:

He was actually not eversleep. He was some dude who wanted to drag drama from elsewhere up on here.

You mean major lee snake or whatever? It was his profile who I saw and was like: 'is this dude banned or his he fucking with me?'

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wax said:

You mean major lee snake or whatever? It was his profile who I saw and was like: 'is this dude banned or his he fucking with me?'

Yeah, that guy.

He's banned afaik.
But he's not eversleep.

2 minutes ago, Amiir said:

Whatever happened I must've missed it

There was nothing that I've found that could point towards anyone. 

He literally infiltrated the ranks and took advantage - assuming that the 'fact' he was stalking was true.

Who even knows what's true anymore?

1 hour ago, Wax said:

That's exactly the the problem with this strategy--far too easy to dink with people. 

How did these get banned the proper way?? Because this is nicely incontrovertible. 

2 hours ago, Endless/Nameless said:

That's exactly the the problem with this strategy--far too easy to dink with people. 

How did these get banned the proper way?? Because this is nicely incontrovertible. 

It might be because they're banned indefinitely. I may have to do some digging later

• Like 1

1 hour ago, willow said:

It might be because they're banned indefinitely. I may have to do some digging later

If it's a user group, like Moderator or Administrator, weren't those people just assigned to that group instead of the Member group? It's probably not that simple, but that's just what it seems like considering it comes up as a search term.

20 minutes ago, 6tails said:

I've got a PM here on this forum from him that explicitly states "Welp, I guess my gig is up." very shortly before he got banned.

I'm taking that as a on-the-sly admission he was around for ulterior motives.

Yikes. Christ only knows what he was doing here. That's super creepy when I think about it.

4 hours ago, Endless/Nameless said:

That's often a sysmtom of being a whiny bitch. 

1 hour ago, 6tails said:

Generally, yea, ragequit the forum.

I know of a couple of people who removed their avatar and I can assure you they deserve a lot more respect than being called whiny bitches or ragequitters by a couple of forum edgelords. Unwarranted shit, this is what yours is. Those are good folks and I will not tolerate seeing them being called names unfairly. Did any of them mistreat you somehow? No? Then watch your mouth. Of course you could go on insulting people for no good reason and by that point I will have the full right to call you a shithead, and now excuse me for being defensive over those I appreciate

7 hours ago, Kosha said:

What does it mean when someone who has had an avatar for quite a while now suddenly has no avatar?

No idea. The only editing to people's stuff the mods do is adding the red X on their avatar and adding "Banned" in their user title. And, as an addendum for the cheekier of users, I just wanna go on record and say for folks not to add "banned" or a red x on your avatar. Thanks. 

Folks who remove their avatars have voluntarily decided to leave. This isn't hotel california; people can move to and from here freely without worry of judgement, y'all. 

5 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Folks who remove their avatars have voluntarily decided to leave. This isn't hotel california; people can move to and from here freely without worry of judgement, y'all. 

But the furriness remains in them like a Russian sleeper agent, just waiting for the code word to activate.

Yiff.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Lemon said:

You mean I've been feeling bad all this time for nothing? :v

THANKS LEMON, CHRIST