comfort zone

Nova

1 minute ago, Endless/Nameless said:

about 5,000 miles of internet cable.
(I honestly don't know; just not like, too close? mebbe a half meter?)

Generally for me the distance between chairs at most dinner tables is fine, I can stand closer if they're someone I like/care about. Any closer than like, two and a half feet tends to make me nervous.

9 minutes ago, Nova said:

How many cm/m do you want a person stay away from you that you can talk normal with them.

I hate it when a person stands 10 cm infront of me to talk to me.

10 cm would make me visibly flinch away from them or hit them in the face ._.

Wow, what is wrong with you people? Like, you really get uncomfortable if people are too close? Then again, I hate it when people get that close just to talk to you if they aren't whispering or something. It's like, "whoa, holy shit I don't know you THAT well!"

"Leave room for Jesus", I gotta use that at some point x3

48 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Wow, what is wrong with you people? Like, you really get uncomfortable if people are too close? Then again, I hate it when people get that close just to talk to you if they aren't whispering or something. It's like, "whoa, holy shit I don't know you THAT well!"

"Leave room for Jesus", I gotta use that at some point x3

I get that kind of 'bugs are crawling all over you' response if people are too close, where my skin feels really itchy. More people exacerbate this from anxiety to panic, especially if I can't see one of them, due to partially-irrational paranoia.

About the only times I can stand people within touching distance of me is if I'm on the bus, and if everyone is following the (in my opinion) socially appropriate rule of 'ignore everyone around you and don't start up a conversation' so that I can shove my nose in a book or in my writing and pretend none of them exist.

I have issues, hurray!

Although to be honest, most people from my hometown are the same way about distance, so there might be some claustrophobia in there as well, small town vs city experience and what not, with appropriate talking distance being at least arm's length away according to the cultural mores, if not moreso. Not sure if this is the case in other southern small towns, just that everyone in my hometown and a few of the others I've been to have also shared the whole 'retreat from people who are too close when talking or interacting' thing.

I don't really care unless you're like, creepily touching me.

This creep who had a, really bad reputation at our school decided to lean back on my legs, I was a level above him in the bleachers. I kept pushing him off my leg he kept lying down on it. I moved my leg aside really fast and he slammed his head off the bleachers.

That stopped him.

When in doubt, a blow to the head to knock them out.

• Like 3

Depends on how well I know you. Good friends can come up close but not weird close.  Arm's length is a good measure in the US.   Random guy on the street dedicated to telling people how to live their lives or spend their money may not come close or even near.    

• Like 1

somewhere in the "arm's length to 6 feet away" range is cool.  any further than that and i won't even know you're talking to me, but if you get closer than arm's length, we're gonna have a problem.

• Like 1