not as good as i remember

Gator

...is the understatement of the year

the other day, i was starving to death at work and bought myself a packet of sno balls (those coconut-covered marshmallow hostess cupcake shits that come 2 to a pack).  i never eat junk food like that, but it was only a dollar and i was afraid i didn't have enough time to hunt for something else.  besides, i remember really liking them last time i had them, which was well over a decade ago.

well, they were fucking disgusting and i started getting sick before i had even finished the first one.  ATE THEM ANYWAY because i was hungry and i had already spent my money, but goddamn.  it was like trying to eat straight up warm oil, and the "cake" part was crumbling all over the place, and it just tasted so fake and unhealthy and gross and i never wanna go through that again.

why the hell did my family raise me to think this garbage was food?

Yeah, you realize how shitty a lot of the junk food you eat really tastes after not having it for a while...

The same thing happened to me with Coca-Cola, used to love it, but after trying it again after not having it for a few months, it just tasted sugary and disgusting.

admittedly my love for coke has died down some over the years, but i still enjoy it every now and then.  i almost never get to have it, and when i do, i can't drink more than a small glass, but i don't hate it yet.  though soda in general i can do without, and i don't really miss it most of the time.

Reminds me of these "cosmic brownies" I had as a kid. Brownie with chocolate chips on it. They were the shit. However I stopped getting them for a while. Tried them again recently and shit I'd have a better time chewing through rubber. I felt like it was trying to choke me. Never before has a baked good made an attempt on my life.

Nostalgia, while delightful to remember, blinds us to the past.

as a rule of thumb try to avoid anything from hostess

twinkies are actually super dry and the cream in the middle doesn't help. Cosmic brownies might as well be 100% molasses because that's all they taste of

when you're a kid it's a nice treat because fuck if your parents let you have sugary stuff ever right

but now that you're an adult who can, like, just go to mcdonalds every day if they wanted to, you can see how things taste a lot more objectively

(altho that said I still fucking love mcdonalds give me that shit)

• Like 1

when I came back from my last trip to Austria, I had White Castle for the first time in awhile and I legitimately felt sick after eating it. same thing happened when I came back from my study trip there too. a lot of fast foods and sodas don't really taste the same to me anymore so I just avoid them in general now

always thought Sno-Balls were disgusting though

Tastebuds are supposedly replaced every 7 years I believe. It's pretty common for things you thought you loved years back to taste like ass nowadays. 

That's good though. Fuck soda and most packaged snacks in that manner. Even if it tastes good, your body is not designed to digest a lot of what goes into it. That sick feeling you get afterwards is your body telling you you're hurting it. I feel so bad for people who drink even 1 soda a day, it wrecks your health all around.

• Like 1

Just now, Sylver said:

I had the same reaction to coke after I quit drinking it for a year. Similar story for McDonalds and KFC - I ate it and a few hours later I felt drained of energy and motivation.

i remember last time i had kfc, which was the first time i had had it in years, it was just... so fucking greasy.  awful.  nothing but grease.

2 hours ago, Gator said:

i remember last time i had kfc, which was the first time i had had it in years, it was just... so fucking greasy.  awful.  nothing but grease.

Psst

Pssssssssssssst

Eat Popeyes

I used to like those paintbrush candies that you dip in powdered sugar when I was a kid. Tried it recently and its waaaay too sweet for me

3 hours ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

Psst

Pssssssssssssst

Eat Popeyes

I used to like those paintbrush candies that you dip in powdered sugar when I was a kid. Tried it recently and its waaaay too sweet for me

i've only had popeyes once and it was amazing ugh

i might just have to walk there one of my days off next week; it's like 3 miles away.  will give me something to do and i can burn off all the chickeny calories :U

like FUN DIP?  it used to be my favorite, but i haven't had it since childhood either.  now i want it but i know it will be fucking disgusting.

you know what i bet won't be disgusting?  dunkaroos.  those could never steer me wrong.  ...right?  right?

1 hour ago, LazerMaster5 said:

When I was tiny we were all guilty of liking the Teletubbies. Nowadays we find it creepy AF.

The Teletubbies always scared the shit out of me. I still remember having nightmares about that show as a kid.