Milo Yiannopoulos fursona.

#00Buck

On 9/17/2016 at 3:35 PM, Another Ampers& said:

try a pic of him without any airbrushing

miloy.jpg

My god. That hair. That tan. That sweater. Those thin chains.

He's either a boy band fag like Lance Bass or some frat boy douche. Or both.
Didn't Lonely Island sing songs about his type? Where's his light beer?

On 9/17/2016 at 3:40 PM, PastryOfApathy said:

I prefer his "human q-tip" look personally.

milo-yiannopoulos.jpg

Even worse. He looks like a damn DJ from Tron or something.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crazy Lee said:

My god. That hair. That tan. That sweater. Those thin chains.

He's either a boy band fag like Lance Bass or some frat boy douche. Or both.
Didn't Lonely Island sing songs about his type? Where's his light beer?

Even worse. He looks like a damn DJ from Tron or something.

I love how you keep throwing around all this homophobic language as if it's okay just because he's the "wrong" type of gay person. So progressive and enlightened of you.

Edited by Victor-933
accidentally a letter
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

I love how you keep throwing around all this homophobic language as if it's okay just because he's the "wrong" type of gay person. So progressive and enlightened of you.

yeah there's

a lot of reasons to hate Milo that aren't "because he's gay" I think it would be best if we focused more on the things that aren't unchangeable aspects of his identity

6 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Like his physical appearance.

Obviously.

*shrug*

I really don't feel like anyone here might be affected by me specifically hating how he looks tbh

Like I have reasons to dislike him (his transphobia being an obvious thing) but I don't really feel like debating liberals about their favourite trumpman today sry so I'm just going to make Jokes

2 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

I feel like insulting ones appearance is a tactic used by those who are either too lazy to debate the person, or too uneducated to come up with a reasonable argument against their points.

but whatever 😩

once again, sry I don't have the energy to debate with liberals about politics there are nice and patient ppl out there but r/n I am not one of them

8 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

he looks like a giant faggot and it's funny

Yeah, often plays up to it himself; his campaign bus has 'dangerous faggot' written in 10 foot letters on the side.

once again, sry I don't have the energy to debate with liberals about politics there are nice and patient ppl out there but r/n I am not one of them

...Right, if you don't have the energy to post anything useful, by your own admission, then why are you here?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Saxon said:

...Right, if you don't have the energy to post anything useful, by your own admission, then why are you here?

do u really want every post I make to be an effort post is that the standard you are going to set 4 me because I can live up to that but like so then would everybody else have to including u unless you wanted to be a hypocrite right

and I have never once seen u post something useful so I am very eager to see u attempt that challenge

EDIT: also ppl are constantly complaining about how serious I am? Like ppl talk about how seriously I take everything so I'm really fucking floored by this critique on my apparent lack of seriousness I'm treating Milo's politics with lmfao

• Like 1

Just now, Another Ampers& said:

do u really want every post I make to be an effort post is that the standard you are going to set 4 me because I can live up to that but like so then would everybody else have to including u unless you wanted to be a hypocrite right

and I have never once seen u post something useful so I am very eager to see u attempt that challenge

no, never effort post, don't give into the darkness

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

Yes.

It's funny.

What's your point?

I don't really have one; I think it's fine for him to make fun of himself. I think it shows that, when he makes fun of other people, that it's all 'oh behave' tongue-in-cheek, rather than genuine hate.

Anyway, to the topic at hand:

I wanted to see why a lot of other users were offended by Milo so I sought out one of his talks yesterday and chose a subject which I was already predisposed to disagree with him on. I found most of the jokes pretty cringey; calling lesbians 'rug-munchers' isn't really sincere when you're calling yourself a 'deplorable faggot' too, so obviously no harm done...but it's also just puerile and a distraction.

I thought the same when I attended a talk earlier this year by an American biologist who repeatedly referred to her data as 'fucked'...she wasn't helping me understand the problems in her research, and it made me feel like I was chatting in the pub, instead of at a seminar.

I think Milo spent far too much time in his talk trying to be a provocateur, and while he did have some good points, they weren't very difficult arguments to make and didn't give me insights that I didn't have already. 

EDIT: also ppl are constantly complaining about how serious I am? Like ppl talk about how seriously I take everything so I'm really fucking floored by this critique on my apparent lack of seriousness I'm treating Milo's politics with lmfao

Yes, Ampers; that's my fetish.

8 hours ago, Saxon said:

I don't really have one; I think it's fine for him to make fun of himself. I think it shows that, when he makes fun of other people, that it's all 'oh behave' tongue-in-cheek, rather than genuine hate.

Anyway, to the topic at hand:

I wanted to see why a lot of other users were offended by Milo so I sought out one of his talks yesterday and chose a subject which I was already predisposed to disagree with him on. I found most of the jokes pretty cringey; calling lesbians 'rug-munchers' isn't really sincere when you're calling yourself a 'deplorable faggot' too, so obviously no harm done...but it's also just puerile and a distraction.

I thought the same when I attended a talk earlier this year by an American biologist who repeatedly referred to her data as 'fucked'...she wasn't helping me understand the problems in her research, and it made me feel like I was chatting in the pub, instead of at a seminar.

I think Milo spent far too much time in his talk trying to be a provocateur, and while he did have some good points, they weren't very difficult arguments to make and didn't give me insights that I didn't have already. 

So you're telling me it's bad to make fun of him while his entire persona is making fun of people?

And then go on to justify his means of making fun of people?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

So you're telling me it's bad to make fun of him while his entire persona is making fun of people?

And the go on to justify his means of making fun of people?

Nope. I said that I didn't think any harm came of him making fun of people, but that I personally found his jokes tiresome; I felt like I was listening to a talk by a showman. I'm not defending those jokes, because I got quite fed up with Milo interrupting his own talk with jokes about friggin' bum holes.

I think it's hypocritical that ampers criticised other users for making fun of milo for 'looking like a boy band fag' when she had spent the whole thread making jokes about his appearance. I don't think those jokes harm anybody, but I find them tiresome.

7 minutes ago, Another Ampers& said:

I've said to ppl multiple times now that I think you act the way you do on the off chance that it'll end up getting you spanked and I still stand by that statement

Who are these people and are any of them interested? :V

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saxon said:

I think it's hypocritical that ampers criticised other users for making fun of milo for 'looking like a boy band fag' when she had spent the whole thread making jokes about his appearance. I don't think those jokes harm anybody, but I find them tiresome.

I AGREED WITH SOMEONE WHO SAID WE SHOULDN'T USE HOMOPHOBIC SLURS

I wasn't even the person who made the original point about homophobic slurs I just agreed with it why am I being called out

why is using homophobic slurs even being compared to saying someone looks like "a shitty elen"

Just now, Another Ampers& said:

I AGREED WITH SOMEONE WHO SAID WE SHOULDN'T USE HOMOPHOBIC SLURS

I wasn't even the person who made the original point about homophobic slurs I just agreed with it why am I being called out

why is using homophobic slurs even being compared to saying someone looks like "a shitty elen"

...I'm not calling you out, I don't think you've done anything awful.

Anyway, most of us are gay here and I don't think any of us wither away when we see somebody say 'fag' on the internet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Nope. I said that I didn't think any harm came of him making fun of people, but that I personally found his jokes tiresome; I felt like I was listening to a talk by a showman. I'm not defending those jokes, because I got quite fed up with Milo interrupting his own talk with jokes about friggin' bum holes.

oh, this is a dumb and petty personal debate.

gotcha

Now that I'm more familiar with him, I see where he's coming from. I can also understand the reaction. Snow leopards are "hungry bottoms"? Way to publicly generalize and sexualize something that you don't understand, dude. I like the art, the fact that he apparently now has a fursona, and some of his stances on the issues... but that comment just gives the wrong idea.

• Like 1

Some fluff out of the debate. I think that poofy big tail is really cute. As far as fursonas go, Milo has a good taste, even tho the piece obviously gives a vibe that he is jerk. And I have heard he is a jerk IRL too but truth to be told, I don't know him nor do I care who or what he is

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

I thought that's what he basically is, even if he doesn't explicitly say it.

Yeah a lot of the time it rather comes off as somebody generating controversy by making divisive but insincere comments, because they know the controversy gets them the attention they need for their career.

Turning to Trump, my brother said that he thinks he had such a meteoric campaign because he treated the presidential candidacy campaign more like a reality television show than politics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

@Another Ampers& isn't the one criticizing the use of those words, I am -- and I'm more doing it to give Lee shit for being such a die-hard Democrat and champion of liberal values but immediately turning around and using slurs against a gay man just because he doesn't toe the Democrat line like gays are apparently supposed to.

One of the most infuriating things about American politics is how Democrats have convinced people they actually give a shit about them. They don't; minorities and tragedies are just a means to an end and a moral superiority cudgel with which to assault opposition.

Take a look at the Lucky Gunner lawsuit -- the heavily Democrat-aligned Brady Campaign influenced a grieving family who lost loved ones in the Aurora shooting, and pushed them to pursue a lawsuit they were guaranteed to lose -- and when they did lose, the family got left high and dry and stuck with the legal fees, all $203,000.

Democrats only care about people when they can be manipulated and abused to score political points. At least the GOP are honest about being sociopathic shitsmears.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

@Another Ampers& isn't the one criticizing the use of those words, I am -- and I'm more doing it to give Lee shit for being such a die-hard Democrat and champion of liberal values but immediately turning around and using slurs against a gay man just because he doesn't toe the Democrat line like gays are apparently supposed to.

One of the most infuriating things about American politics is how Democrats have convinced people they actually give a shit about them. They don't; minorities and tragedies are just a means to an end and a moral superiority cudgel with which to assault opposition.

Take a look at the Lucky Gunner lawsuit -- the heavily Democrat-aligned Brady Campaign influenced a grieving family who lost loved ones in the Aurora shooting, and pushed them to pursue a lawsuit they were guaranteed to lose -- and when they did lose, the family got left high and dry and stuck with the legal fees, all $203,000.

Democrats only care about people when they can be manipulated and abused to score political points. At least the GOP are honest about being sociopathic shitsmears.

this about sums up my feelings RE: liberals too. Crippling Apathy that's only broken by Opportunism is sort of endemic as far as the "moderate left" is concerned

11 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

Yeah I guess I can agree with most of that, especially the use of tragedy as a political currency.

I wasn't aware you had a personal issue with the user you were quoting; I thought that you and Ampers were genuinely upset that somebody said 'boy band fag'.

11 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Yeah I guess I can agree with most of that, especially the use of tragedy as a political currency.

I wasn't aware you had a personal issue with the user you were quoting; I thought that you and Ampers were genuinely upset that somebody said 'boy band fag'.

I don't personally use slurs, whether they apply to me or not. I think tho if someone else (who is affected by the slur) wants to call themselves it, or call someone else from that group who they trust is okay with being called it, then there's nothing I can really take issue w/

I feel tho that calling Milo the f-slur as opposed to critiquing his politics or anything else u find deplorable about him sort of spreads the message that it's not [whatever trait you dislike in him] that's bad, but his being gay

idk, I don't think anyone here is going to start thinking it's not okay for them to be gay over a post like that since like most everyone on this forum is some flavour of queer lmao I've just made a habit of avoiding the terms

but that's just in my honest imho

2 hours ago, Another Ampers& said:

I don't personally use slurs, whether they apply to me or not. I think tho if someone else (who is affected by the slur) wants to call themselves it, or call someone else from that group who they trust is okay with being called it, then there's nothing I can really take issue w/

I feel tho that calling Milo the f-slur as opposed to critiquing his politics or anything else u find deplorable about him sort of spreads the message that it's not [whatever trait you dislike in him] that's bad, but his being gay

idk, I don't think anyone here is going to start thinking it's not okay for them to be gay over a post like that since like most everyone on this forum is some flavour of queer lmao I've just made a habit of avoiding the terms

but that's just in my honest imho

I'd only consider getting upset about slurs if somebody used them with the intent of discriminating against somebody. As you say, I seriously doubt anybody on a gay-ass furry forum actually has problems with gay people.

...and even then, if they're only using the slur in order to upset me, why would I give them the pleasure?

• Like 2

Slurs are insulting unless given explicit permission to use them

usingg a recent IRL example:

my sister has a friend who always calls her "bitch". They've known each other for years and call each other bitch. My sister and I are close and we cal each other bitch mutually, we are fine

a guy my sister has been hanging out with recently called her "bitch" in a playful manner and she took offense to this. 

I find it funny that people (pastry, for instance) were calling Milo a faggot or fag way before I even posted in this thread, and yet I get shit for it. He even calls himself a fag/faggot, which is something even a lot of gay people I know do (similar to blacks calling each other nigger/nigga, maybe?).

I will admit throwing around the term faggot/fag is immature and childish and rather than attacking the person for their arguments you're attacking the person themselves. It's a bit hard to talk about the person's opinions though, when this ENTIRE THREAD has been poking fun at the guy and his appearance and his fursona. When has his opinions actually been picked apart here?

And I still have the opinion that, in the pictures of him, he either looks like a douchy ivy league frat boy, boy band member, or wearing some strange european EDM fashion. Don't like it, don't have to.

22 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

Read above. Also, have you even bothered to read anything I've posted on this forum?

On 9/16/2016 at 9:57 PM, Crazy Lee said:

You can still be gay and conservative in many ways, like fiscally conservative, or small government conservative, big military conservative, isolationist conservative, ect. You could even be religiously conservative or socially conservative

But no, this is the "Let's take time to bash liberals and progressives because it makes me feel better about myself..." moment. Already mentioned above that I got into the moment, that people were calling him a faggot way before I was. Gay =/= political position. There is no wrong type of gay person. But, you can still be gay and an asshole.

9 hours ago, Gamedog said:

I feel like insulting ones appearance is a tactic used by those who are either too lazy to debate the person, or too uneducated to come up with a reasonable argument against their points.

This whole thread has basically been "insult the guy" and his points were really never brought up.

7 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

Ahhh hahahahahahahahahaha.

Holy fucking assumptions Batman. I've never seen someone make so many bad assumptions about someone that totally missed the mark?

Where did I ever give you the idea that I'm a Democrat? Where anywhere in this forum have I said I'm a Democrat? You're so wrong it's sad. I have never been a registered Democrat. I consider myself an independent and never prescribe to the two party system. What give you that idea? What, because I personally disagree with some mainstream conservative that happens to be gay, that automatically makes me a Democrat and a far left liberal?

Here, let me make some assumptions on you. I'm going to guess that you're a Republican (or conservative). Am I wrong? The reason I think that is because your entire opinion on that post, the whole generalization of liberals/democrats "Towing the liberal/democratic line", ect... is EXACTLY the shit I hear from mainstream Republicans and conservative talk shows. You literally are sounding like Rush Limbaugh (et al) right now. "Liberals are hypocrits, they do one thing until you betray them." "all liberals use people to their own ends." As if conservatives/Republicans don't do shitty things as well. All I hear is hardcore partisanship and bashing the entirety of the other side, and generalizing the other side.

Didn't @Saxon complain somewhere here about politics being too partisan and our tendency to bash everyone on the other side, or see it as a us-vs-them with the "them" being people with totally different political opinions? Well, I'm seeing this asshole @Victor-933 doing the exact same shit (and @Another Ampers& doing the same shit, but less seriously).

Pretty fucking pathetic.

Also, as I said before I'm neither a Democrat nor a hardcore liberal, but I fully expect Victor to say I'm lying and continue to call me either or both during this argument. 

• Like 1

Eh, I am not fond of him and I find him to be an annoying troll that crawled his way out of SA's bowels to grace us with his "brilliant" bait-troll tactics. 

Also, don't be like the illiterate plebs on facebook who use Marxist liberal/Fascist conservative as an insult. It's silly. :V

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Falaffel said:

Like your nerd essay

You're being horrible, waffles.

Anyway, I think crazy lee has a point that everybody is getting extremely upset about the word 'fag', when we're on a gay-as-hell furry forum where nobody cares if anybody is gay.

As if anybody is a homophobe here, so the language police aren't really needed.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Saxon said:

You're being horrible, waffles.

Anyway, I think crazy lee has a point that everybody is getting extremely upset about the word 'fag', when we're on a gay-as-hell furry forum where nobody cares if anybody is gay.

As if anybody is a homophobe here, so the language police aren't really needed.

Shut up faggot.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

(and @Another Ampers& doing the same shit, but less seriously).

ayyyy I didn't call out pastry for it because I'm rly gay 4 her but also people sort of already perceive me as being the big evil sjw out to cast everyone's opinions into oblivion or w/e I only agreed because I wasn't making the original point 

I've treated saxon like he's an idiot and I will admit to that but I'm going to be real coy @ u about whether that's because of his politics or not

I should note btw that I'm a radical leftist and not a conservative and my criticisms of "liberal / democrat" ideology are coming less from a place of "y'all are too progressive" and more "y'all are too apathetic"

The democrats are a centrist party that in general only adopts progressive viewpoints when there is profit to be found there (corporatism or w/e). The party in Canada that fills that role is known as the liberal party