Milo Yiannopoulos fursona.

#00Buck

23 hours ago, Toboe said:

So, lets take you n Saxon (last 2 posts as of writing) as an example...

I tell you: "If you kill Saxon right now, i will give you this envelope containing a bitcoin wallet with $amount bitcoin"

You do it.

I give you the envelope and leave.

No, this is where your example breaks. I won't do it. Because I know murder is wrong. 

If I did do it, I should be charged with murder.

Warlords and mafia kings do more than just ask people to kill someone.

Just because something is legal or illegal doesn't mean it's moral or immoral. Laws do not define morality in the least.

Hiring an assassin... I'm honestly not entirely sure of on where it fits on the moral scale. What if a bunch of people pooled their money in some anonymous currency, and put up a decentralized digital contract in that currency that would automatically pay out to anyone who killed, say, Kim Jong Un or Kony or some other terrible dictator? Though if someone did that personally just against their neighbor, I don't know if they would be personally liable, but maybe it would be fair game to put money against them too...

9 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

I've never liked these supposed "Personas" these political pundits supposedly take.

You could argue the likes of Rush, Beck, or Savage aren't actually that crazy, and they act that way because it gets them attention and ratings. But then you have the problem that a lot of people actually take their words at face value. There's a lot of stupid people out there who take such things seriously because they have no critical thinking skills. Plenty of rednecks that, say, would honestly believe Savage when he says "Obama's a muslim and going to turn America into a muslim country with sharia law!". Then you get those idiots doing things because some guy who has a radio show and sounds "smart" said something.

Precisely. (Oh, and I'd add Ann Coulter to your list.)

From my point of view, assuming a persona that actively caters to the nastiest, stupidest, most regressive parts of human nature and knowingly feeds people total bullshit without ever saying "gotcha" is psychopathic and shitty.

It's like setting fire to your business for the insurance money, and letting it consume your whole town because INSURANCE MONEY WOO!

Or, it's like hiding the Pringles, telling two mentally-unbalanced people that the other one ate the Pringles, and then letting them kill each other, because then you'll have the Pringles to yourself, guaranteed.

Anyway, it's shitty.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Twitter is up for sale because Twitter is failing.

Twitter is being sued by its own shareholders.

Twitter will go bankrupt because of political correctness. 

That kind of sucks. Twitter was good for quick live updates, even if the character limit never made much sense and the endless scrolling instead of a proper timeline is fucking stupid. Plus, some furry artists only posted on it because they stopped caring about FA and the other sites.

Just now, Socketosis said:

That kind of sucks. Twitter was good for quick live updates, even if the character limit never made much sense and the endless scrolling instead of a proper timeline is fucking stupid. Plus, some furry artists only posted on it because they stopped caring about FA and the other sites.

It's following the steps of Tumblr anyway. This should open up opportunity for starting companies who could learn from their mistakes

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

What even are you on about

I guess the link didn't post, real good. But I am sick o0f butt-hurt white boys whining..you can do this , too. You got emo, Belle and Sebastien..it makes me sad to see what I see here, is all. Reach out, help others,

Well, life goes on...

34 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

I guess the link didn't post, real good. But I am sick o0f butt-hurt white boys whining..you can do this , too. You got emo, Belle and Sebastien..it makes me sad to see what I see here, is all. Reach out, help others,

you're drunk go home

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Another Ampers& said:

You can find a thriving and robust nazi community on both websites so like idk what to tell you friend I don't think there's a whole lot of "censoring free speech" going around

Banning Milo = censoring free speech. 

8 hours ago, Socketosis said:

Nah, Facebook does that and they're still numero uno.

Facebook is profitable and had a massive head start but don't worry. Facebook and You Tube will have a downturn due to censorship. 

The good thing is someone else will start companies to replace them both. 

9 hours ago, Troj said:

Precisely. (Oh, and I'd add Ann Coulter to your list.)

From my point of view, assuming a persona that actively caters to the nastiest, stupidest, most regressive parts of human nature and knowingly feeds people total bullshit without ever saying "gotcha" is psychopathic and shitty.

It's like setting fire to your business for the insurance money, and letting it consume your whole town because INSURANCE MONEY WOO!

Or, it's like hiding the Pringles, telling two mentally-unbalanced people that the other one ate the Pringles, and then letting them kill each other, because then you'll have the Pringles to yourself, guaranteed.

Anyway, it's shitty.

The Pringles metaphor is gold.

5 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Whatever. Just sick of all this white boy shit.

That's a pretty common and completely reasonable reaction. Usually though I tend to like white people. Its just the people who are racially stupid that absolutely don't speak for anyone else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cannakitty said:

The Pringles metaphor is gold.

The Pringles metaphor explains why BLM tells people to get outraged and so they do and they kill each other, burn their own homes and business down, and loot everything. BLM is the person hiding the Pringles. Then the mentally unbalanced people destroy everything. If they didn't follow BLM their communities would still be intact. 

7 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

The Pringles metaphor explains why BLM tells people to get outraged and so they do and they kill each other, burn their own homes and business down, and loot everything. BLM is the person hiding the Pringles. Then the mentally unbalanced people destroy everything. If they didn't follow BLM their communities would still be intact. 

I donate every month to BLM out of my own pocket.

Just now, Cannakitty said:

I donate every month to BLM out of my own pocket.

Then you're partly responsible for what BLM does since you are funding their movement. 

1 minute ago, Another Ampers& said:

what the fuck was the name of that one dude with the pajama face who got banned here

anyway banning him was censoring free speech I guess #Free6tails

6Tails is banned?

When did that happen?

Just now, Another Ampers& said:

"what the fuck was the name of that one dude with the pajama face who got banned here"

He was part of a group of ppl I can't tell the difference between so sorry if I got the name wrong

Oh, right. We're not allowed to talk about him or mention his name outside of the back hole.

But I know who you are talking about now. 

6Tails does the gemstone collecting and cooking chat. 

• Like 1

Just now, #00Buck said:

Oh, right. We're not allowed to talk about him or mention his name outside of the back hole.

But I know who you are talking about now. 

6Tails does the gemstone collecting and cooking chat. 

If you think I'll remember that then you have me fucked but anyway are you going to leave phoenix for censoring his free speech or are you going to fight the fight to #free him

• Like 1

If you think I'll remember that then you have me fucked but anyway are you going to leave phoenix for censoring his free speech or are you going to fight the fight to #free him

No.

Because one day in the not so distant future I will control this forum.

Then I will have my revenge on everyone who has crossed me in the past. 

4 minutes ago, Cannakitty said:

Yes I am, and of that I'm proud.

One protester is shot and is on life support and might die not to mention all the people injured and the destruction. 

That's a really odd thing to be proud of.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/22/protester-killed-as-clashes-erupt-for-second-night-in-charlotte/

4 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

No.

Because one day in the not so distant future I will control this forum.

Then I will have my revenge on everyone who has crossed me in the past. 

One protester is shot and is on life support and might die not to mention all the people injured and the destruction. 

That's a really odd thing to be proud of.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/22/protester-killed-as-clashes-erupt-for-second-night-in-charlotte/

Actually the reason I'm proud is because I'm not a racist.

see you talk like you're trolling but I've been around you in person I know you're serious :v

You know I did apply for moderator status. 

Someday a certain someone I am friends with will be admin and I'll be a moderator and we will run this place the way it should be run. 

Just now, #00Buck said:

You know I did apply for moderator status. 

Someday a certain someone I am friends with will be admin and I'll be a moderator and we will run this place the way it should be run. 

are you bribing me r/n to not argue w/ you on your racist opinions because :v

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cannakitty said:

Actually the reason I'm proud is because I'm not a racist.

You're donating money to an organization which is causing black people to shoot each other, burn business and homes down, loot, rob, and throw rocks off highway overpasses onto cars full of random people who have done nothing wrong. 

You're doing way more harm to back people than a white supremacist right now. 

are you bribing me r/n to not argue w/ you on your racist opinions because :v

Don't worry I'll make you a moderator when the time comes and we don't even have to agree on anything. 

You transcend the existence of the runaway train that is my Milo Thread. 

Go Milo thread go!

Spread your wings and fly!

Become the most viewed and commented thread on the internet!!!

25 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

But this thread just made #22 in most replies. 

A few more and it will be in the top 20.

A few more days and it will ride eternal shiny and chrome!!!

So everyone has been arguing up to a noticeable most replied thread that started with a guy suddenly having a fursona.

I don't even know what to say about this

Just

What the fuck guys

• Like 1

1 hour ago, #00Buck said:

6Tails is banned?

When did that happen?

Yeah he was suspended for a week I think.

51 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

You're doing way more harm to back people than a white supremacist right now.

The sad thing is it's true(with BLM that is). When have the KKK been relevant in recent times? They're mostly old folks now and don't really do anything aside from hold protests once in a while. Literally none of them have burned down black communities.

Most of the people who talk out of their asses about BLM haven't made any effort to actually research it and understand it on its own terms.

It's rather like when most people pontificate about furries, and what "they" do.

I don't even understand BLM thoroughly enough to feel like I could critique or analyze it accurately and in good faith. The best I can say is that it's a wide movement that appears to include different perspectives and different people with different motives, and that, yes, some people do and say some vile stuff in its name.

It also occurs to me that people who are all-too-happy to track BLM's multitude of sins aren't nearly as scrupulous about documenting all of the examples of when Whiteys Go Wild--or, when they do, the whiteness of the people involved "disappears," and doesn't factor into the discussion. What's good for the goose...

17 minutes ago, Troj said:

Most of the people who talk out of their asses about BLM haven't made any effort to actually research it and understand it on its own terms.

It's rather like when most people pontificate about furries, and what "they" do.

I don't even understand BLM thoroughly enough to feel like I could critique or analyze it accurately and in good faith. The best I can say is that it's a wide movement that appears to include different perspectives and different people with different motives, and that, yes, some people do and say some vile stuff in its name.

It also occurs to me that people who are all-too-happy to track BLM's multitude of sins aren't nearly as scrupulous about documenting all of the examples of when Whiteys Go Wild--or, when they do, the whiteness of the people involved "disappears," and doesn't factor into the discussion. What's good for the goose...

They have a list of pubished demands, and while it is true that they are a hodge podge from various activists, it is representitive of the leadership's ideals. (Should note at this point that the leadership is distinct from the membership. Leadership recieves the bulk of the criticism, membership may or may not depending on actions.) Things like banning police body cams, end to minimum fines and police in schools, gueranteed "lifetime education" and a living wage for black people only, etc. Some of the demands look good on the surface, but digging in they are unworkable and even if they were inacted they would likely increase the tension between races. And, if they aren't, it's just another example of oppression.

Also, white people don't tend hold their "whiteness" as a determining factor of thier character. The ones who do are viewed as a little.. off a probably extreme.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

They have a list of pubished demands, and while it is true that they are a hodge podge from various activists, it is representitive of the leadership's ideals. (Should note at this point that the leadership is distinct from the membership. Leadership recieves the bulk of the criticism, membership may or may not depending on actions.) Things like banning police body cams, end to minimum fines and police in schools, gueranteed "lifetime education" and a living wage for black people only, etc. Some of the demands look good on the surface, but digging in they are unworkable and even if they were inacted they would likely increase the tension between races. And, if they aren't, it's just another example of oppression.

Also, white people don't tend hold their "whiteness" as a determining factor of thier character. The ones who do are viewed as a little.. off a probably extreme.

Fair points. If a movement can agree on who its leaders or representatives are, it's fair to critique those leaders and representatives. If the movement holds up a mission statement or list of its goals or values, it's also fair to critique that.

As for proposals being unworkable, maybe, but perhaps we just need to think outside of the box. Also, "difficult" or "not a good fit with the status quo" don't automatically translate to "unworkable."

(Incidentally, I thought people wanted to INCREASE the number of body cams? That would make more sense to me. Cameras tend to increase the sense of accountability, and provide a better record of what actually happens in encounters.)

As for identity, whites don't hold "whiteness" as a determining factor of their identity or character because for many white people, their whiteness is practically invisible.

People often don't define themselves in terms of something until they're presented with a different identity or way of being.

From there, people typically don't get defensive, uppity, passionate, or intense about that identity until they feel it's been challenged or threatened in some way.

People who feel like the "Other" compared to the mainstream or the majority have to grapple with that "Otherness" in a way that people who feel like they're the default or "normal" typically don't.

3 hours ago, Cannakitty said:

That's a pretty common and completely reasonable reaction. Usually though I tend to like white people. Its just the people who are racially stupid that absolutely don't speak for anyone else.

Thanks, and as well, I generally tend to like people of whatever coloration, as well! I reckon' I was just drunk and gooned up on mood pills, and moody. Sometimes, I come here, looking for furry fun, and then, get sidetracked by all the complaining about how the blacks did this, and the feminists did that, and the muslims are up to this, and anyone who seeks equality is a horrible SJW, that it almost feels like I've tuned into the Rush Limbaugh show, as opposed to a furry forum.

So, to anyone I may have gone too far with, sorry...it's just hard to ignore so many threads on these topics, and get down to the more fun things about the fandom, it seems. Sometimes, I wish I could just block out that side bar thingy; it distracts me...but I have to learn to block it out, within me.

I'd rather share my writing, poems and stories, talk about fiction, do a good RP, and I do seek that out...just seems a lot harder to find. I don't see many RPers here, or much of anywhere, these days, who like a more detailed setting, to create their own worlds, to let go, explore. That's probably why I'm mainly on the games section mostly; I want some lightness in my life, a bit of the sunshine in my pocket. I wanna have fun, that's what drew me to the fandom...and so I need to try and not get sidetracked by so many threads that are so dark...it's something I'm working on.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Socketosis said:

The sad thing is it's true(with BLM that is). When have the KKK been relevant in recent times? They're mostly old folks now and don't really do anything aside from hold protests once in a while.

And pissed off vets manipulated into joining. And some young people who had fathers/grandfathers in the KKK Some neonazis who do not like the "extremist" ideas of their own nationalist group and want something softcore. A small hand of bikers. etc...etc..

They haven't been relevant just like the NBPP.

3 hours ago, Troj said:

Fair points. If a movement can agree on who its leaders or representatives are, it's fair to critique those leaders and representatives. If the movement holds up a mission statement or list of its goals or values, it's also fair to critique that.

As for proposals being unworkable, maybe, but perhaps we just need to think outside of the box. Also, "difficult" or "not a good fit with the status quo" don't automatically translate to "unworkable."

(Incidentally, I thought people wanted to INCREASE the number of body cams? That would make more sense to me. Cameras tend to increase the sense of accountability, and provide a better record of what actually happens in encounters.)

As for identity, whites don't hold "whiteness" as a determining factor of their identity or character because for many white people, their whiteness is practically invisible.

People often don't define themselves in terms of something until they're presented with a different identity or way of being.

It is the opinion of BLM that body cameras are a device used to supress blacks in court.

For the other point, I understand you, however if that were the case then one would expect that people, on exposure to different races or cultures, would develope a heightened sense of that otherness, and likely racist ideas. However, judging from the Americans on exposure to immigrants, this is the opposite of what actually happens, with greatest opposition to others being expressed by those with the least exposure to "others". In any case it is all perspective.