Moogle

Moogle's Noodles

40 posts in this topic

Heya!

Been slackin' a bit on my request thread, so thought I'd make this sketchbook to keep me busy with the arts. Here's some noodlings. :) 

Oldies:

Fav gesture!

WzK9XNT.jpg

rPJMM83.jpg


Newies:

GtEECcK.png

UIA3uey.png

gCh4N8i.png


Doodle page of random mixups!


vgt9vdF.png

Thanks for peeking, gonna really try to keep this updated. :P

13 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Socketosis Ah I only wish, haha - thank you though! I say doodles, but some of these took quite a bit longer than others (like that anthro wolf) so I guess it'd count more as an inked piece (albeit a messy one). :P  As far as non-doodly art goes, I don't think I've really done many. These oldy-pants portraits come to mind, but I ended up bailing on them once I saw mistakes!

Also, here's a bird. :3 Umbra's character got me in the mood for attempting one!

lKQ7zF3.png

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, KittenAdmin said:

You're very good :3


Thanks!
 

3 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

You have gallery yes yes?


I don't, sorry. :( But I'll be uploading everything I like onto this topic, so it'll kinda be similar to a gallery. :P
Really appreciate your interest btw, Socket! You're such a sweetheart. -hugs- :3

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi do you take requests? can you draw my fursona? i cant pay you but i want thjem to stare blankly off the canvas, souless, with there dinnerplate sized eyeballs. Make them purple and limegreen and standing at 3/4 view. just standing, DO NOT make them doing anything. white background plz. also penis the size of a steamliner's anchor. thanks Moogle!!! =^^=

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Practicing clean lines again on the top right, gradually went into messy mode though. xD

dtAZIx5.png
A section from a bigger wip piece, seems to work ok as a standalone for now.

wiNRYfd.png
 

On 2016-09-21 at 8:00 PM, Pignog said:

hi do you take requests? can you draw my fursona? i cant pay you but i want thjem to stare blankly off the canvas, souless, with there dinnerplate sized eyeballs. Make them purple and limegreen and standing at 3/4 view. just standing, DO NOT make them doing anything. white background plz. also penis the size of a steamliner's anchor. thanks Moogle!!! =^^=


hi furriend, you think I'd stoop so low as to draw something like that?! (Bonus: done fully left handed to add to the authenticity of it)

you're welcome Piggu~~ <3
 

On 2016-09-22 at 6:43 PM, #00Buck said:

You've got mad skills.

You need to do a table at a con. 


Thanks Buck (& ty again for the info on discord too)! :D If I can get enough artwork done that I like, I think I'll definitely attend one. Furnal Equinox is the plan w/ Pignog :P
 

8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Moogle said:

 


hi furriend, you think I'd stoop so low as to draw something like that?! (Bonus: done fully left handed to add to the authenticity of it)

you're welcome Piggu~~ <3
 

i didnt know phoenix let plagiarizers on here stealing my art style. enjoy your ban

MMMMOOOOOODDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pignog said:

i didnt know phoenix let plagiarizers on here stealing my art style. enjoy your ban

MMMMOOOOOODDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

If I draw something can I get bant too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess who's been lazy and hasn't been working with colour... ;) Ah well, got some inkaroos done!

Dtng3ca.jpg

8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Moogle said:

Guess who's been lazy and hasn't been working with colour... ;) Ah well, got some inkaroos done!

Dtng3ca.jpg

So hype!

Gotta do a con table. It's meant to be!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By any chance do you do graphic design for a living? Concept art? This looks like stuff you'd see from a professional.

Genuinely curious, not trying to be a butt kisser!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Socketosis What a compliment! cute_heart_emote_by_emotitronic-d41y7ud. I don't see that as butt kissin' so no worries, it's rather flattering actually. Art is something I'm just doing on the side atm. It'd be great to get into an animation studio one day (or even conceptual art), however I think I'm not disciplined enough for that.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moogle said:

@Socketosis What a compliment! cute_heart_emote_by_emotitronic-d41y7ud. I don't see that as butt kissin' so no worries, it's rather flattering actually. Art is something I'm just doing on the side atm. It'd be great to get into an animation studio one day (or even conceptual art), however I think I'm not disciplined enough for that.

Oh nice! Well, if you think you need to improve, there's some forums I've been told about a while back that are really good (and really brut-...er, thorough) at offering critique. You might've heard of them before?

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/

I'm not sure if the community has changed any, but could be worth a shot. :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On October 15, 2016 at 8:26 PM, Socketosis said:

Oh nice! Well, if you think you need to improve, there's some forums I've been told about a while back that are really good (and really brut-...er, thorough) at offering critique. You might've heard of them before?

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/

I'm not sure if the community has changed any, but could be worth a shot. :)

Oh definitely! There's always room for improvement, especially when I'm still not at a point where I can comfortably draw people with ease. I've heard of conceptart before, but I appreciate the reminder of it. :) When I get back into art hardcore again I'll for sure be joining that forum. Brutal or not, there's superb artists there and I'd love for them to rip me a new one.

 

14 hours ago, Antumbra said:

I have finally found where you keep your art.  Prepare to have it oogled, Moogle!

YOU'VE RETURNED, ANTUMBRAAA! You're lucky I'm not on my computer or I'd throw so many cutesy anime emotes at you, mwaha! :P I think a certain dragon should create a sketchbook thread too, so I can follow their work CLOSELY! Oogle it all up, buttercup~ <3

 

& thanks Caledonian! You're super sweet :3

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some sketches from a stream last week, & fan art. ;) Also for those who were on Discord at time, thank you again for the feedback/critique on the animated character's design! I decided on a rehaul since the look was still weird to me, and am happy with the outcome now. 


aX8h3eZ.jpg

 

Listening to this on repeat, got a bg done. :)

9W1czjV.png


Here's the new look:

facial.png

Cn2grZe.png

Was really debating on uploading this since it's my first animation in a longgggg while (older one for comparison), but even though it didn't turn out as planned I'm still a bit glad to have completed something. ^_^

 


36bIRws.gif

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I managed some art yesterday and today, some of these are a few months old though (gotta get that filler in!). One's actually half a year old but I like it so it's being added. ;D @Augmented Husky POSTED YER GUY! Hope that's alright, lemme know if you don't want him shown.

wmnYF3B.png

Jk2IaoP.jpg

YyUY57C.png

gzitxdk.png


Nudey butt

9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're work is really awesome! I like the "cute" look but like they have substance, some people make cute things look really paper-thin in an attempt to make it look dainty, but you do a good job giving "thickness" and "reality" to something! :D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rhíulchabán I do adore cutie-patoo things, but I've definitely been trying to branch out from only that which makes me extremely happy to hear that there's a bit of depth to them. I'm no stranger to making lame 2d pics for the cuteness factor alone however, mwaha! This moogle appreciates your kindness, Mr.Chocobo <3

tumblr_ogr6wxt60H1sd29ego2_500.gif

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am genuinely impressed with all the art that you have posted. 👌

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Moogle said:

@Rhíulchabán I do adore cutie-patoo things, but I've definitely been trying to branch out from only that which makes me extremely happy to hear that there's a bit of depth to them. I'm no stranger to making lame 2d pics for the cuteness factor alone however, mwaha! This moogle appreciates your kindness, Mr.Chocobo <3

tumblr_ogr6wxt60H1sd29ego2_500.gif

Pffftt, what you call lame 2d pics still looks great, but I understand what you mean! Glad to know you are making progress in the direction you want to grow your skill, that is always exciting, and glad to let you know you are! :P 

Always happy to share kindness! *hugs*

8c570c265b7b481ad773e8f93f585544.gif

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to get this ball rollin' again - practicing colour & cleaner lines (think clicking image will make it bigger, can't remember). :P


EKfKQCb.png

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Moogle said:

Time to get this ball rollin' again - practicing colour & cleaner lines (think clicking image will make it bigger, can't remember). :P


 


 

That little fuzzy whatever in the top-right is precious

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@FenrirDarkWolf Thanks Fen! I'm not really sure what it is either, but I think 'little fuzzy whatever' is a good name for the chubby guy, bwaha. Rodent family, most definitely.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moogle! Nice to see you. Love your linework. I'm envious. I have horrible line economy. Very good work on that last set, I like the crazy croc type monster at the bottom :D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see you posting again, Moogle! Those drawings all look great! I particularly like the head in the upper-left corner, as well as the figures.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@QT Melon  Heya QT, likewise!  Gosh, thanks so much. That croc was pretty fun to work with, it's one of those drawings where you just go totally mindless on and then 'bam!', random noodle created. 

 

Also seriously, I'm super glad to see you on these forums. I went searching for your work multiple times in the past and couldn't find a place where you posted regularely (or even recently). I've seen you mention about a sort of injury though (correct me if I'm wrong, and sorry if I'm way off the mark), so I guess that might have been why. I hope you're doing alright now however, or at the very least recovering.

 

@Umbra.Exe  UMBRA! Mwaha, thanks kindly. That girl took awhile to do, I think mostly cause I still don't understand colour very well so a lot of it is guess work and going over it again and again. However I'm pretty content with the outcome. Definitely more figures to come (& hopefully with a bit more action to 'em), gotta get back into that groove!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moogle said:

@QT Melon  Heya QT, likewise!  Gosh, thanks so much. That croc was pretty fun to work with, it's one of those drawings where you just go totally mindless on and then 'bam!', random noodle created.

Also seriously, I'm super glad to see you on these forums. I went searching for your work multiple times in the past and couldn't find a place where you posted regularely (or even recently). I've seen you mention about a sort of injury though (correct me if I'm wrong, and sorry if I'm way off the mark), so I guess that might have been why. I hope you're doing alright now however, or at the very least recovering.

 

Yes, I have RSI, it affects me the most when drawing, I had been trying to break drawing habits that are attributing to it but limited success. I have started working on 3D now and something about it feels less taxing. It helps my illustrations so it can't be all bad. :)

I have other personal matters I attend to but I don't need to dump my sob story on your thread.

I'm happy to see you posting again. If you're still having issues with color work, I did post a cgcookie post about color shifting that has been rather helpful. I believe in Toshabi's sketchbook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New stuff mixed with some older sketches, also gonna attempt on making a proper clean ref for my char. :)

oG5LyXF.png

piNQw7d.png

FiCM8zY.png

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you both! Having clean linework has always been a goal for me ever since I switched from traditional to digital. Think I'm at a point to where I'm very comfortable doing it, to where it's the same as sketchwork for me now.

Not much in the way of uploads, I'm actually doing some shameless advertising! I've made a twitter and am doing a daily doodle type of thing on it to improve (as well as motivate myself). Just thought if anyone's interested from this thread, and would like to follow along with my little challenge, that'd be pretty sweet (& much appreciated!). Here's my twitter! https://twitter.com/Moogiekins

Day 2

bird.thumb.png.dbb7cbedf2cf9c9fc8c53fa6388fc3c6.png

Day 4

Evan.thumb.png.95dc4e7864928047471509e02517e0b0.png

 

As well, here's a few random doodles from Nyanchat sessions with @Antumbra . There's quite a few! Definitely looking for more people to draw with, I think it'd be a wicked way to meet others and learn from a buncha sources of all different skill levels. So if you're interested, shoot me a pm! We use discord, talking isn't a requirement of course but totally makes it loads more fun (18+ to be safe). :P

 


boop3.thumb.png.c2537a2fc760a358006d3ae9fe2917e6.pngboop2.thumb.png.a3bd920c4963b2c68ea12b6783de5056.pngboop1.thumb.png.8f733e4d47eb2e88c1498cd37902c30c.png594af687654c9_Post4.thumb.png.f783e997edf96f43d342b4e824737c4f.pngPost2.thumb.png.6028ae0362ff8b8eb63fc322159e6fa2.png594af68009d4b_Post1.thumb.png.e0f65c7418940ce2a02555f4fa6c13f6.pngPost3.thumb.png.e8f55ea61dd5a543e6d64ac16190830f.png

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.