Moogle's Noodles

Moogle

@Socketosis Ah I only wish, haha - thank you though! I say doodles, but some of these took quite a bit longer than others (like that anthro wolf) so I guess it'd count more as an inked piece (albeit a messy one). :P  As far as non-doodly art goes, I don't think I've really done many. These oldy-pants portraits come to mind, but I ended up bailing on them once I saw mistakes!

Also, here's a bird. :3 Umbra's character got me in the mood for attempting one!

lKQ7zF3.png

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, KittenAdmin said:

You're very good :3

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

You have gallery yes yes?

I don't, sorry. :( But I'll be uploading everything I like onto this topic, so it'll kinda be similar to a gallery. :P
Really appreciate your interest btw, Socket! You're such a sweetheart. -hugs- :3

• Like 1

hi do you take requests? can you draw my fursona? i cant pay you but i want thjem to stare blankly off the canvas, souless, with there dinnerplate sized eyeballs. Make them purple and limegreen and standing at 3/4 view. just standing, DO NOT make them doing anything. white background plz. also penis the size of a steamliner's anchor. thanks Moogle!!! =^^=

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Practicing clean lines again on the top right, gradually went into messy mode though. xD

dtAZIx5.png
A section from a bigger wip piece, seems to work ok as a standalone for now.

wiNRYfd.png

On 2016-09-21 at 8:00 PM, Pignog said:

hi do you take requests? can you draw my fursona? i cant pay you but i want thjem to stare blankly off the canvas, souless, with there dinnerplate sized eyeballs. Make them purple and limegreen and standing at 3/4 view. just standing, DO NOT make them doing anything. white background plz. also penis the size of a steamliner's anchor. thanks Moogle!!! =^^=

hi furriend, you think I'd stoop so low as to draw something like that?! (Bonus: done fully left handed to add to the authenticity of it)

you're welcome Piggu~~ <3

On 2016-09-22 at 6:43 PM, #00Buck said:

You've got mad skills.

You need to do a table at a con. 

Thanks Buck (& ty again for the info on discord too)! :D If I can get enough artwork done that I like, I think I'll definitely attend one. Furnal Equinox is the plan w/ Pignog :P

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Moogle said:

hi furriend, you think I'd stoop so low as to draw something like that?! (Bonus: done fully left handed to add to the authenticity of it)

you're welcome Piggu~~ <3

i didnt know phoenix let plagiarizers on here stealing my art style. enjoy your ban

MMMMOOOOOODDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@Socketosis What a compliment! cute_heart_emote_by_emotitronic-d41y7ud. I don't see that as butt kissin' so no worries, it's rather flattering actually. Art is something I'm just doing on the side atm. It'd be great to get into an animation studio one day (or even conceptual art), however I think I'm not disciplined enough for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moogle said:

@Socketosis What a compliment! cute_heart_emote_by_emotitronic-d41y7ud. I don't see that as butt kissin' so no worries, it's rather flattering actually. Art is something I'm just doing on the side atm. It'd be great to get into an animation studio one day (or even conceptual art), however I think I'm not disciplined enough for that.

Oh nice! Well, if you think you need to improve, there's some forums I've been told about a while back that are really good (and really brut-...er, thorough) at offering critique. You might've heard of them before?

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/

I'm not sure if the community has changed any, but could be worth a shot. :)

• Like 1

On October 15, 2016 at 8:26 PM, Socketosis said:

Oh nice! Well, if you think you need to improve, there's some forums I've been told about a while back that are really good (and really brut-...er, thorough) at offering critique. You might've heard of them before?

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/

I'm not sure if the community has changed any, but could be worth a shot. :)

Oh definitely! There's always room for improvement, especially when I'm still not at a point where I can comfortably draw people with ease. I've heard of conceptart before, but I appreciate the reminder of it. :) When I get back into art hardcore again I'll for sure be joining that forum. Brutal or not, there's superb artists there and I'd love for them to rip me a new one.

14 hours ago, Antumbra said:

I have finally found where you keep your art.  Prepare to have it oogled, Moogle!

YOU'VE RETURNED, ANTUMBRAAA! You're lucky I'm not on my computer or I'd throw so many cutesy anime emotes at you, mwaha! :P I think a certain dragon should create a sketchbook thread too, so I can follow their work CLOSELY! Oogle it all up, buttercup~ <3

& thanks Caledonian! You're super sweet :3

• Like 1

Some sketches from a stream last week, & fan art. ;) Also for those who were on Discord at time, thank you again for the feedback/critique on the animated character's design! I decided on a rehaul since the look was still weird to me, and am happy with the outcome now. 

aX8h3eZ.jpg

Listening to this on repeat, got a bg done. :)

9W1czjV.png

Here's the new look:

facial.png

Cn2grZe.png

Was really debating on uploading this since it's my first animation in a longgggg while (older one for comparison), but even though it didn't turn out as planned I'm still a bit glad to have completed something. ^_^

36bIRws.gif

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

@QT Melon  Heya QT, likewise!  Gosh, thanks so much. That croc was pretty fun to work with, it's one of those drawings where you just go totally mindless on and then 'bam!', random noodle created. 

Also seriously, I'm super glad to see you on these forums. I went searching for your work multiple times in the past and couldn't find a place where you posted regularely (or even recently). I've seen you mention about a sort of injury though (correct me if I'm wrong, and sorry if I'm way off the mark), so I guess that might have been why. I hope you're doing alright now however, or at the very least recovering.

@Umbra.Exe  UMBRA! Mwaha, thanks kindly. That girl took awhile to do, I think mostly cause I still don't understand colour very well so a lot of it is guess work and going over it again and again. However I'm pretty content with the outcome. Definitely more figures to come (& hopefully with a bit more action to 'em), gotta get back into that groove!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moogle said:

@QT Melon  Heya QT, likewise!  Gosh, thanks so much. That croc was pretty fun to work with, it's one of those drawings where you just go totally mindless on and then 'bam!', random noodle created.

Also seriously, I'm super glad to see you on these forums. I went searching for your work multiple times in the past and couldn't find a place where you posted regularely (or even recently). I've seen you mention about a sort of injury though (correct me if I'm wrong, and sorry if I'm way off the mark), so I guess that might have been why. I hope you're doing alright now however, or at the very least recovering.

Yes, I have RSI, it affects me the most when drawing, I had been trying to break drawing habits that are attributing to it but limited success. I have started working on 3D now and something about it feels less taxing. It helps my illustrations so it can't be all bad. :)

I have other personal matters I attend to but I don't need to dump my sob story on your thread.

I'm happy to see you posting again. If you're still having issues with color work, I did post a cgcookie post about color shifting that has been rather helpful. I believe in Toshabi's sketchbook.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you both! Having clean linework has always been a goal for me ever since I switched from traditional to digital. Think I'm at a point to where I'm very comfortable doing it, to where it's the same as sketchwork for me now.

Not much in the way of uploads, I'm actually doing some shameless advertising! I've made a twitter and am doing a daily doodle type of thing on it to improve (as well as motivate myself). Just thought if anyone's interested from this thread, and would like to follow along with my little challenge, that'd be pretty sweet (& much appreciated!). Here's my twitter! https://twitter.com/Moogiekins

Day 2

bird.thumb.png.dbb7cbedf2cf9c9fc8c53fa6388fc3c6.png

Day 4

Evan.thumb.png.95dc4e7864928047471509e02517e0b0.png

As well, here's a few random doodles from Nyanchat sessions with @Antumbra . There's quite a few! Definitely looking for more people to draw with, I think it'd be a wicked way to meet others and learn from a buncha sources of all different skill levels. So if you're interested, shoot me a pm! We use discord, talking isn't a requirement of course but totally makes it loads more fun (18+ to be safe). :P

boop3.thumb.png.c2537a2fc760a358006d3ae9fe2917e6.pngboop2.thumb.png.a3bd920c4963b2c68ea12b6783de5056.pngboop1.thumb.png.8f733e4d47eb2e88c1498cd37902c30c.png594af687654c9_Post4.thumb.png.f783e997edf96f43d342b4e824737c4f.pngPost2.thumb.png.6028ae0362ff8b8eb63fc322159e6fa2.png594af68009d4b_Post1.thumb.png.e0f65c7418940ce2a02555f4fa6c13f6.pngPost3.thumb.png.e8f55ea61dd5a543e6d64ac16190830f.png

• Like 3