Nintendo Switch

TrishaCat

Splatoon 2, Mario, Zelda, Arms, and Xenoblade have sold me.

Splatoon looks like a massive MASSIVE improvement over the boring original. The only thing about Mario is that city level looks really out of place.

The thing about Zelda that really bothers me now though is that she's Skyward Sword Zelda again...

A screaming, crying, needy, anime waifu. I hate it so much. I miss when she had some kind of regal air to her and was cunning. Wish they'd go back to that.

45 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

The thing about Zelda that really bothers me now though is that she's Skyward Sword Zelda again...

A screaming, crying, needy, anime waifu. I hate it so much. I miss when she had some kind of regal air to her and was cunning. Wish they'd go back to that.

This Zelda personality again when.

• Like 1

Just now, yell0wf0x said:

I think it's still a bit steep. At 300 bucks.

Consoles used to be $500+ at launch.
I feel like $300 is a fair asking price. And we know it's only going to go lower and go on sale at retailers for like $250 within a year. That's the asking price of the 3DS and Vita at their launches.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, yell0wf0x said:

I think it's still a bit steep. At 300 bucks. Plus the online services looks like it's gonna be paid subscription.  I'm sorta turned off to have to pay to trade and battle when a new pokemon game for it comes out. 

Oh, you mean like literally every other major console with an online service?

Honestly I'm not surprised that they're charging for theirs, now.

20 minutes ago, yell0wf0x said:

I think it's still a bit steep. At 300 bucks. Plus the online services looks like it's gonna be paid subscription.  I'm sorta turned off to have to pay to trade and battle when a new pokemon game for it comes out. 

300 bucks isn't bad for a console at launch. As for the subscription services, I must plug the ultimate gaming platform, PC, which does not have such nonsense. Valve makes so much money from CS:GO and Steam sales that they have no need for paid online multiplayer.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vae said:

Oh, you mean like literally every other major console with an online service?

Honestly I'm not surprised that they're charging for theirs, now.

And pokemon is like the only game I use online services for after failed attempts with other online 3ds games like zelda tri force.  So yeah. 

Unless pokemon bypasses that subscription for their games that is. Then I'm good. 

21 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

As for the subscription services, I must plug the ultimate gaming platform, PC, which does not have such nonsense. Valve makes so much money from CS:GO and Steam sales that they have no need for paid online multiplayer.

There are PC games that do charge for their services though (WoW is the first thing that comes to mind.) so it's also not entirely foreign to them. This largely depends on the service and the game in question.

18 minutes ago, yell0wf0x said:

And pokemon is like the only game I use online services for after failed attempts with other online 3ds games like zelda tri force.  So yeah. 

Unless pokemon bypasses that subscription for their games that is. Then I'm good. 

I'm not saying that there's no reason to be averse to it. I'm just saying that it's not surprising they're going to have one.

Games I'm excited for:

• Shin Megami Tensei V
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Super Mario Odyssey
44 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

300 bucks isn't bad for a console at launch. As for the subscription services, I must plug the ultimate gaming platform, PC, which does not have such nonsense. Valve makes so much money from CS:GO and Steam sales that they have no need for paid online multiplayer.

Paid online is garbage. I hope they don't prevent me from at least buying games from the Nintendo online store if I don't pay for it.

If Nintendo wants to charge for online, then they better at the very least provide a bombass service and a steady supply of online enabled games. It's a drawback, but they can at least make us pretend its worthwhile. It does make me worry though because Nintendo's online was never good. 
And I hiiiiiighly doubt they won't let you make digital purchases, Chili. lmao
PS4 and XBox never disallowed online shopping if you didn't pay. I don't think Nintendo is stupid enough to break that trend.

So apparently, I am not alone on thinking Zelda is a needy little crybaby. I'm seeing people rip into her pretty hardcore. lol
Like this...
tumblr_ojpe5eyLBt1s514nio1_250.png

I understand she always needed saving, but she was usually fairly resourceful, calculated, and could keep her cool for the most part. Suddenly she gets full voice acting and it's used so she can start the damn waterworks. lmao
I dunno. Maybe she'll turn out better since that was just a 2 minute trailer, but...first impressions. I'm harping on this, I know. But for a damsel, I always did like Zelda a whole bunch.

17 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

WHO DISTURBS MY GAMING SLUMBER?! Why is Mario in New York all over my Twitter? Anybody have a link to a trailer on this Odyssey thing? Congratulations Nintendo, you've managed to actually get me interested in your new console.

Ta-da!

I can't believe how much fucking shit this console can do

Just imagine playing VR with Switch motion controls and the HD rumble
They better do something good with that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

Ta-da!

I can't believe how much fucking shit this console can do

Just imagine playing VR with Switch motion controls and the HD rumble
They better do something good with that.

Holy Style Shift, that trailer was odd o.0

Still looks pretty interesting.

Makes sense, obviously if third parties didn't put their games on the Wii U due to technical differences from the standard, they're not gonna put their games on the Switch. Of course, the Switch did a much better job of advertising than the Wii U (people still don't know what a Wii U is), so it's pretty much guaranteed to have better sales, at least out of the gate. The bigger playerbase might attract third parties.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

Good lord, that article is so light I'm surprised it hasn't floated away already.

Bullet point #1 on Joy Con: "Lots of tech". 

This entire section:

Developing for Nintendo Switch

• Very happy with it
  • Easy to develop for
  • Anything she wants to do she can. No limits. Toolset is great.
  • Can’t talk specs.

That right there was the entire point of the article and that is what they have to report?! 4 bullet points of absolute fluff. They can't even get their sources linked properly. 

The bits on the Wii U were interesting, though.

1 hour ago, DrGravitas said:

Good lord, that article is so light I'm surprised it hasn't floated away already.

Bullet point #1 on Joy Con: "Lots of tech". 

This entire section:

That right there was the entire point of the article and that is what they have to report?! 4 bullet points of absolute fluff. They can't even get their sources linked properly. 

The bits on the Wii U were interesting, though.

I don't know why it was so sparse, but the main reason I posted it was the online subscription section...assuming she's not talking out her ass.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

I don't know why it was so sparse, but the main reason I posted it was the online subscription section...assuming she's not talking out her ass.

Well, she did only develop this game and released this horrible E3 teaser trailer (which I wouldn't even refer to it as that). I do question her claims of "Easy to develop for" and "Anything she wants to do she can. No limits. Toolset is great." Sure, for making little Flash-like games, I'd assume it's great, but that doesn't speak of the entire toolset available.

I am really angry on the people who hate on the switch.

People always hate on nintendo because they try to actually create different games and consoles.

People call the switch a upgraded Wii u but that is BS.

Ps4 comes out:people:OMG SO GUD

Xbox one comes out: people:MUST HAVE

Switch announced:people:Ewww gross just an upgraded Wii u

I mean the ps4 is just a ps3 with better performance.

Same with Xbox

*sigh*

I am hyped for Botw, ARMS,SPlatoon 2 and mario Odyssee

13 hours ago, Nova said:

I am really angry on the people who hate on the switch.

People always hate on nintendo because they try to actually create different games and consoles.

People call the switch a upgraded Wii u but that is BS.

Ps4 comes out:people:OMG SO GUD

Xbox one comes out: people:MUST HAVE

Switch announced:people:Ewww gross just an upgraded Wii u

I mean the ps4 is just a ps3 with better performance.

Same with Xbox

*sigh*

I am hyped for Botw, ARMS,SPlatoon 2 and mario Odyssee

But the switch is hardly an upgrade.

Speaking of 32GB... if you're picking up Breath of the Wild on the Wii U, it will require a 3gb download if you pick up a physical copy. On my 32GB Wii U, which I have three digital Wii U games on (excluding VC games, but they take up a negligible amount of data), I have 300 MB of extra space. I'm going to have to get an external hard drive just for a physical copy of Breath of the Wild.