Phoenix Forums Contests!

Summercat

Yeah, that's not creative. That's forced originality, and it sucks donkey balls.

Tell that to my black and red wolf dragon hybrid with 6 differently colored checkered bandanas and Escape the Fate t-shirt.

Yeah, who's original now?

Got any suggestions?

OTTERS. MAKE THE THEME ABOUT OTTERS!

*ahem*... I have no idea. It could be things like foods e.g; "This month the theme is to draw a character themed around your favourite food or beverage!". Or maybe clothing themes, such as drawing our characters in fashions of a specific era, or place. Could even do a thing of drawing a character as X species. Might be a fun challenge for people to take their own creations, and see what they can do with them.

I've never hosted, or joined in on a contest before. So I'm just throwing out ideas here :v

• Like 1

OTTERS. MAKE THE THEME ABOUT OTTERS!

*ahem*... I have no idea. It could be things like foods e.g; "This month the theme is to draw a character themed around your favourite food or beverage!". Or maybe clothing themes, such as drawing our characters in fashions of a specific era, or place. Could even do a thing of drawing a character as X species. Might be a fun challenge for people to take their own creations, and see what they can do with them.

I've never hosted, or joined in on a contest before. So I'm just throwing out ideas here :v

I'm really bad at contests, but love running them. ...except for the judging, I hate judging them.

AGAIN, something that Mentova and I wouldn't win at so easily.

On your knees boys I'll be the judge of that! :P

The problem with contests is the diverse skill sets represented here.  What's the LCD that everyone can participate in?  Not everyone can draw or code or craft.  Maybe the best 500 word intro paragraph to a Furry story?

"It was a dark and stormy night......."

Edited by Irreverent

On your knees boys I'll be the judge of that! :P

The problem with contests is the diverse skill sets represented here.  What's the LCD that everyone can participate in?  Not everyone can draw or code or craft.  Maybe the best 500 word intro paragraph to a Furry story?

"It was a dark and stormy night......."

Honestly, writing is just as much a skill as drawing, so that doesn't REALLY work, though it is easier than drawing as you don't need materials or special programs to do it. We could always find some free (or cheap) online game and do tournaments. But that's not very creative, or that productive for the forum itself xP

Edited by ChaosCalix

You can't hold a contest that is equally accessible to everyone because if it was then no one would stand out as the best and it wouldn't be a contest. :P

At the very best you could host multiple contests requiring certain competencies either simultaneously or sequentially, but that all comes down to how much effort you want to put into it.

That being said I don't see anything wrong with purely themed art contests with considering that furry is predominantly a community centered around visual art and you could still choose a variety of subjects that would allow different artists to show their strengths.

• Like 1

Honestly, writing is just as much a skill as drawing, so that doesn't REALLY work, though it is easier than drawing as you don't need materials or special programs to do it.

Yeah that was sort of my take on it....no special tools, apps or hardare required, just a text editor.  Its about as LCD as you can get.

You can't hold a contest that is equally accessible to everyone because if it was then no one would stand out as the best and it wouldn't be a contest. :P

At the very best you could host multiple contests requiring certain competencies either simultaneously or sequentially, but that all comes down to how much effort you want to put into it.

That being said I don't see anything wrong with purely themed art contests with considering that furry is predominantly a community centered around visual art and you could still choose a variety of subjects that would allow different artists to show their strengths.

I agree with this. Frankly, you're gonna have one hell of a hard time finding something we can all do well, let alone competitively. I mean, aside from breathing. We seem to be pretty good at that xP

Having simultaneous Writing and Art competitions would probably give a wide gate of entry for most of the community here.