Jump to content

What's goin on?


MissFleece
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm okay! Ish, work is lame and stressful but I'm getting on just fine! Been playing on my new Steam Deck and watching TV with friends. Thanks for coming by and saying hi! It's quiet around here >.<

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fr, came by for some nostalgia and I see everybody's gone. Interesting stuff. This community was definitely a whirlwind lol but hopefully we all got some therapy and it wasn't just me :V 

Remembering days of old like the sylox piss thread and how I used to date dudes. I like torturing myself with embarrassment I guess.

I imagine everybody's on discord now, they were navigating that way when the internal drama started. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't feel bad, not many of us were good for each other. Tbh I came to see updates on people to see how they are doing but I don't think I'll get that. If anyone lurking sees this I hope you're doing well unless you're an ex of mine. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He says on a forum that was the offshoot of a forum that was renown for its disdain for the mainstream furry fandom.

Furry as a subculture was always garbage the revisionism needs to stop, Twitter didn't "ruin" anything it just put everyone's inner thoughts out in the open and now you can't delude yourselves about what monsters you surround yourself with.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I forgot about twitter, I completely abandoned it as a platform, it never seemed like my cup of tea and I'm glad. Zara is right though, furries have been the same on whatever platform they are on. You got some cool ones and you got the funky people and the even funkier ones that tend to do crime or social bullshittery. I think I was a little bit of everything lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I watched people literally become more neurotic and depressed within months of setting up shop on Twitter back in 2010-2012.

By the same token around 2016-2018 I saw forums just get completely taken over by their craziest posters, because the less unstable people got drawn out to like-button-dopamine-land. Very bleak times!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, WALFTEAM said:

I watched people literally become more neurotic and depressed within months of setting up shop on Twitter back in 2010-2012.

By the same token around 2016-2018 I saw forums just get completely taken over by their craziest posters, because the less unstable people got drawn out to like-button-dopamine-land. Very bleak times!

I'm the most sane person you'll ever know - the "less unstable" ones are all gone because my refusal to collapse my stability into groveling apologetics triggered histrionic episodes of hilarious proportions.

You think it's 'like-button-dopamine-land" because like everyone else who contritely laments the passing of forums you don't understand people as well as you think you do, and like everyone else you will keep making assertions instead of asking questions because it's the feeling of 'knowing' that drives all of it.

You tell on yourself when you purport to understand these things, because you yourself chase likes, affirmation, the notion of being understood to be more correct than the next guy. You are on Twitter for those things, not me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, MissFleece said:

I forgot about twitter, I completely abandoned it as a platform, it never seemed like my cup of tea and I'm glad. Zara is right though, furries have been the same on whatever platform they are on. You got some cool ones and you got the funky people and the even funkier ones that tend to do crime or social bullshittery. I think I was a little bit of everything lol. 

You're better off.

 

I'm glad to hear you're doing well, I kind of always wondered what happened to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zaraphayx said:

I'm glad to hear you're doing well, I kind of always wondered what happened to you.

I've been going super slow but I'm almost done with college now. I put a lot of effort into the family farm and I plan on moving to my own farm using money from selling my house. Shit's not wrapped up but it's getting better.  I got off the internet for a full year and got myself some fuckin hobbies lol. Now I can make cheese, carve wood, do some super beginner level stained glass, and I got way better at art. I'm on the Dean's list again, which I know isnt a big deal for a lot of people but I'm the first person in my family with a four year degree. I hope to use it to work remotely so I can focus on my animals and projects at home. I got real into gardening and food preservation. 

I had to kinda go off the face of the earth because there was no telling exactly who was getting info back to people that affected my safety, so I thought the best course of action was to just cut contact with everyone. On top of that there was just a lot of bad blood in the water. Then I had lots of money issues related to that entire situation, so I lost electricity and internet. It left me with a lot of time to realize how much of an addiction the electronic stuff had become for me. I used it as a coping mechanism and an escape when my grandpa was murdered and I needed to find healthy coping mechanisms instead, so it was a lucky happenstance that I was cut off cold turkey. I was not doing well for a while, emotionally, financially, health wise I had a tumor the size of a baby's head which lead to a bunch of hormone imbalances, it ate one of my ovaries and I am now sterile after surgery. I think that was a cause of a lot of my mental issues as well, because afterwards I feel a shit ton more stable. Also I figured out I was gluten intolerant lol. 

Either way a lot has changed, I feel like a completely different person now visiting the ghost of who I used to be. It's a weird feeling, it's not all good. But I hope to learn from the mistakes I made here and face any accountability I have to. 

681266726_unknown(1).thumb.png.b16355d887d9fd5598e4b7890b078538.pngIMG_20211219_180230155.thumb.jpg.057b87cfc6822670857cb04c8f9527be.jpg

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

That means a lot to me, actually. And yeah, things are good, lots better than they were back then. I'm glad things are going better for you too

Glad to hear that, if anybody fucks w u I'd still beat them up for ya sidewalk. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/3/2022 at 5:43 AM, Zaraphayx said:

He says on a forum that was the offshoot of a forum that was renown for its disdain for the mainstream furry fandom.

Furry as a subculture was always garbage the revisionism needs to stop, Twitter didn't "ruin" anything it just put everyone's inner thoughts out in the open and now you can't delude yourselves about what monsters you surround yourself with.

You know Zara. I always thought you were an asshole, but i never thought i'd agree with you.

As gross as the community can be though, FAF always seemed to be the worst of it. Was always stocked with people who liked to put others down, as if they weren't ultimately the same kind of furry trash. It was awful man, so many silly people trying to prove they were somehow better than their peers. Maybe they'd been shit on too much in the real world and it was a way to channel the resentment, idk. But the culture was disgusting really. I'm glad to see the forums go.
Tbh this place took the worst of it, it's why it crashed and burned.

Why did i create an account just to post this? Eh, who cares. I'm just passing through.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have just been doing me shit.  
Living life, getting inebriated, being an asshole, making attempts to break artblock, fucking with my hair, collecting fancy coats that I only have the heat tolerance to wear for two or three months out of the year, 
the usual. 

On 12/22/2022 at 12:01 AM, JustPassingThrough said:

You know Zara. I always thought you were an asshole, but i never thought i'd agree with you.

As gross as the community can be though, FAF always seemed to be the worst of it. Was always stocked with people who liked to put others down, as if they weren't ultimately the same kind of furry trash. It was awful man, so many silly people trying to prove they were somehow better than their peers. Maybe they'd been shit on too much in the real world and it was a way to channel the resentment, idk. But the culture was disgusting really. I'm glad to see the forums go.
Tbh this place took the worst of it, it's why it crashed and burned.

Why did i create an account just to post this? Eh, who cares. I'm just passing through.

It still fails me how some of you try, to this day, to dress down your pretend oppressors and simplify them to "the haturz hav no lifes" when you still have dedicated salt shrines to interactions that happened years ago.
Get some meaningful social relationships that bring value to your life. It'll do you some good. Then you won't have to care so much about this irrelevant shit.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

good to hear that everybody's doin them

I got two new piglets, I got my garden plans goin and I got 10 hazelnut trees to plant this spring. I'm gunna be butchering some ducks tomorrow (I have way too many males and they are reaching breeding age and its not a nice time for the female ducks) and I look forward to the food I'm gunna cook. 

My ma is having heart problems and keeps having heart attacks and like, just walking out of the hospital. So I have no idea how long she's going to be around for, last time she showed up in a taxi after taking the IV out herself. I asked her why she didnt call me to pick her up and "she didn't want to stress me out when I had finals" Doctor said she can't have livestock anymore. 

In other news I'm set to inherit the family farm :^p 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...