The Pokemon Thread

SirRob

7 minutes ago, SirRob said:

The trademark thing is likely a result of the announcement timing; if the announcement was later, the trademark filing would've happened later. Or I dunno, I have no idea about the trademarking process

Well, you know Nintendo. They hate leaks.

It's why they were forced to announce Shulk's Smash Bros appearance ahead of schedule.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On February 27, 2016 at 4:42 AM, DrDingo said:

Pokemon GO is probably coming out before this game.

Which is weird, because a whole new generation could be excluded.

Pokemon GO is supposed to come out this summer I believe (and it better), but since it's a mobile app too I'm sure they'll find a way to add in the new gen Pokemon after the release of S&M

On February 28, 2016 at 10:26 PM, yell0wf0x said:

Think they'll still make pokemon Z or delta Z? Or will they just forego the whole thing and go with pokemon star. Jirachi is basically a wishing star.

I'm kind of hoping they'll eventually do Delta 

• Like 1

Honestly I do think it'd be refreshing to just skip over the third version. I've been suffering from series fatigue since ORAS came out, so I really want to see things mixed up. (Although they've been doing a good job of that with the spin off titles.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, willow said:

Pokemon GO is supposed to come out this summer I believe (and it better), but since it's a mobile app too I'm sure they'll find a way to add in the new gen Pokemon after the release of S&M

Well hey, I guess it depends on whether people like it enough. Because Pokemon GO doesn't seem like it'll be a guaranteed success.

5 hours ago, DrDingo said:

Well hey, I guess it depends on whether people like it enough. Because Pokemon GO doesn't seem like it'll be a guaranteed success.

people seem pretty hyped about it but my guess is that it'll be a fad for the summer at least. but I can see people using it regularly since it's basically a Fitbit for nerds

On 9/25/2015 at 1:43 AM, Umbra.Exe said:

What's everyone's favorite Pokemon?

OH BOY

My top two would have to be tied between Chikorita / Meganium and Dragonite, and after that would be Flygon, all of which I love because I've used them before, though I also really love Staraptor because I grew attached to one as well, and surprisingly enough I was never really about the Lucario hype until I had a really good one in White so I grew to love him too, along with Zoroark. I typically love all the deer and horse designed Pokemon as well as the dinosaur ones, and grass and dragon types; I also always really liked Mightyena and Absol though I've never gotten to use any of them.  I haven't played any of the newest ones yet so I don't feel like I can really judge fairy or many of the newer ones. My favorite Legendaries are Lugia, Articuno, and Dialga, and though I've never played their games I like the designs of Keldeo, Xerneas, and Rayquaza.

On 9/25/2015 at 2:43 AM, Umbra.Exe said:

So, on-topic I guess. What's everyone's favorite Pokemon?

Finneon and Regigigas. And regice.

I'm doing well in Shuffle, I think... I've gotten three competition mega stones now: swampertite, abomasite, and charizardite X. Apparently next week will have a repeat of the mega charizard Y competition, so I can finally get a fire-type mega.

My favourite Pokemon is Shiftry. I can't really explain why, it's just so cool. I never really noticed it until Mystery Dungeon and then I really took a liking to it. I just wish it was a stronger Pokemon so it would be more use competitively. I like to [try to] run a special sweeper set, with or without Nasty Plot. I don't like to use that with Shiftry if I can help it because even though a fast Shiftry is quite fast, once that turn's up its terrible defences mean you're unlikely to get another. And if you do, your opponent's probably set up instead which also sucks.

It means I lose a lot of battles because I like to use my favourites.

Today I sat on Steven's bed =3

Hey, since all of you are better than me at this game, is anyone able to give me a little guidance on a team?

I was going to build a Trick Room team from the ground up, and this is what I came up with. Is there anything that I did badly, or things I should include?

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Disposable lead. Sets up Trick Room, hits the opponent hard with Special moves and then faints.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Physical Tank/Trick Room abuser. Heals using drain punch.

Escavalier @ ???
Physical Tank/Trick Room abuser. Hits opponent hard with physical moves and tanks attacks. Covers Conkeldurr's Fairy weakness.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Special Tank/Trick Room setter. When Trick Room runs out, this sets it back up.
Restores health with Recover and attacks with Thunderbolt/Ice Beam

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Special Sweeper, in case Trick Room goes tits up. Regains health with Roost and uses U-Turn to escape danger.

Mega Slowbro @ Mega Stone
Stalls opponent with Slack Off and uses Calm Mind to boost Scald and Psyshock.

On 25/09/2015 at 6:43 AM, Umbra.Exe said:

So, on-topic I guess. What's everyone's favorite Pokemon?

This question has plagued me for the longest time. I want to say Porygon-Z,  but he's not awfully.. adorable.

Heliolisk is up there, I guess.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon has given me a recent interest in Torterra.

I don't even know

Edited by DrDingo

8 hours ago, DrDingo said:

Hey, since all of you are better than me at this game, is anyone able to give me a little guidance on a team?

I was going to build a Trick Room team from th

team from the ground up, and this is what I came up with. Is there anything that I did badly, or things I should include?

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Disposable lead. Sets up Trick Room, hits the opponent hard with Special moves and then faints.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Physical Tank/Trick Room abuser. Heals using drain punch.

Escavalier @ ???
Physical Tank/Trick Room abuser. Hits opponent hard with physical moves and tanks attacks. Covers Conkeldurr's Fairy weakness.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Special Tank/Trick Room setter. When Trick Room runs out, this sets it back up.
Restores health with Recover and attacks with Thunderbolt/Ice Beam

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Special Sweeper, in case Trick Room goes tits up. Regains health with Roost and uses U-Turn to escape danger.

Mega Slowbro @ Mega Stone
Stalls opponent with Slack Off and uses Calm Mind to boost Scald and Psyshock.

I think it's a pretty decent trick room team with a lot of bulk. But I'm worried that ye chose chandelure as a suicide lead. Now I'm not sure if yer making thus team for singles or doubles, so I'm assuming singles. 

Chandelure works well if ye switch it in on a fire type move mainly due to flash fire ability. And with escavalier being 4x weak to fire, ye could definitely use that to have chandelure sweep. Also chandelure is quite fast. Trick room will always go last each turn so it seems like a waste. Chandelure also has immunity to fighting type moves which would be useful to help Porygon2 setup. 

Another issue I have is that yer physical attackers all rely on trick room. Tho it isn't much of an issue but just thought I'd point that out. 

Another problem is fairy types. Sure ye have escavalier but Hydreigon is 4x weak to it and switching can only do so much since yer switch in will be a slow mon too. (I'm sure ye won't be using Hydreigon while trick room is up)

Also, as much as it is a trick room and ye mostly have bulky pokemon, I would recommend having toxic/will i wisp around to get some damage while stalling. 

Oh. And a good item for escavalier would be leftovers.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, yell0wf0x said:

I think it's a pretty decent trick room team with a lot of bulk. But I'm worried that ye chose chandelure as a suicide lead. Now I'm not sure if yer making thus team for singles or doubles, so I'm assuming singles. 

Chandelure works well if ye switch it in on a fire type move mainly due to flash fire ability. And with escavalier being 4x weak to fire, ye could definitely use that to have chandelure sweep. Also chandelure is quite fast. Trick room will always go last each turn so it seems like a waste. Chandelure also has immunity to fighting type moves which would be useful to help Porygon2 setup. 

Another issue I have is that yer physical attackers all rely on trick room. Tho it isn't much of an issue but just thought I'd point that out. 

Another problem is fairy types. Sure ye have escavalier but Hydreigon is 4x weak to it and switching can only do so much since yer switch in will be a slow mon too. (I'm sure ye won't be using Hydreigon while trick room is up)

Also, as much as it is a trick room and ye mostly have bulky pokemon, I would recommend having toxic/will i wisp around to get some damage while stalling. 

Oh. And a good item for escavalier would be leftovers.  

Hey, thanks mate.

Do you think it would be a good idea to swap out Chandelure for something else, as opposed to leading with Porygon2? 

6 hours ago, DrDingo said:

Hey, thanks mate.

Do you think it would be a good idea to swap out Chandelure for something else, as opposed to leading with Porygon2? 

I'm a bit biased cuz I love fire types so I would definitely say keep chandelure in (my battle team is mono fire!). But I think the lamp might be better off as a special sweeper or burn spreader. Immunity to fighting and normal is always nice. Or, ye could just get a hazard setter in there. Stealth rocks is a good entry hazard so ye should consider a pokemon that can set that up like Aggron, camerupt or hippowdon. They can abuse trick room too so it isn't so bad to have them around.  

Try the team out and see if it feels just about right. Ye can tweak yer pokemon accordingly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yell0wf0x said:

I'm a bit biased cuz I love fire types so I would definitely say keep chandelure in (my battle team is mono fire!). But I think the lamp might be better off as a special sweeper or burn spreader. Immunity to fighting and normal is always nice. Or, ye could just get a hazard setter in there. Stealth rocks is a good entry hazard so ye should consider a pokemon that can set that up like Aggron, camerupt or hippowdon. They can abuse trick room too so it isn't so bad to have them around.  

Try the team out and see if it feels just about right. Ye can tweak yer pokemon accordingly. 

This is a bit of a play around on my part, but how does this look?

Cofagrigus

-Trick Room

-Nasty Plot

-Toxic Spikes / A move to hit Normal Types

-Shadow Ball

7 hours ago, DrDingo said:

This is a bit of a play around on my part, but how does this look?

Cofagrigus

-Trick Room

-Nasty Plot

-Toxic Spikes / A move to hit Normal Types

-Shadow Ball

Looks like a standard cofafrigus set. Good bulk and sp att. Just be careful of spreading mummy. That can make or break yer momentum. 

But then I just realized. You don't have any form of hazard control on yer team in the form of rapid spin or defog. Although conkeldur will appreciate toxic spikes cuz of guts but I'm sure yer gonna run flame orb on him. If ye dont think hazards would be a problem, then this should do fine. All ye need to do is test it out now. And see what tweaks ye can add. But if ye do, I suggest tentacruel. Can set up spikes while clearing out hazards. 

I don't have much experience with trick room cuz fire types don't have much options in that department. So im not sure if hazards are a threat Haha. 

@Alexxx-Returns i dont know if I have one. But I could check later when I get the chance. 

Edited by yell0wf0x
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DrDingo said:

Hey everyone

I just finished Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon and did the little post game thing and was told about treasures

What's the most fun thing I can do in the game now? 

Defeat and recruit all the bosses. The Regis should be a good place to start.

Edited by Battlechili
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

Wallace's redesign is Hot. As. Fuck.

Steven is still the hottest though.

6 hours ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

My human crushes in Pokemon:

Professor Birch

Cianwood Gym Leader Chuck

Mauville Gym Leader Watson

2 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

Flannery has a fiery hot personality!

Hello everyone and welcome to another episode of Pokemon Dating

Today I am joined by contestants Red and Gold
So fellas, what are you looking for tonight?

"..........."

Tough crowd.

God fucking damn that delta episode. How many times did I faint Deoxys >.<. In the end I had to masterball it.

I don't want Steven to leave Hoenn ='(

In other news, I finally got to the Battle Resort and found the IV judge. And I found out that my super awesome shiny Swampert tank of a gal has the worst stats ever! And my Latios, the fastest thing ever to battle (or so it seemed) has 0 speed. Great!

1 hour ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

God fucking damn that delta episode. How many times did I faint Deoxys >.<. In the end I had to masterball it.

I don't want Steven to leave Hoenn ='(

In other news, I finally got to the Battle Resort and found the IV judge. And I found out that my super awesome shiny Swampert tank of a gal has the worst stats ever! And my Latios, the fastest thing ever to battle (or so it seemed) has 0 speed. Great!

Deoxys can actually be caught even tho ye Koed it on delta episode. You can battle him again on top of the tower after the events of delta episode. 

23 hours ago, yell0wf0x said:

Deoxys can actually be caught even tho ye Koed it on delta episode. You can battle him again on top of the tower after the events of delta episode. 

Don't you have to go through the elite four a second time to get him to show up?
(Already talked to the scientist in Mossdeep)

14 minutes ago, yell0wf0x said:

Actually. I think ye do. I forgot honestly. But I was able to catch him on the tower cuz he was too damn weak against mega rayquaza. Lol

I KOed him since I was low on ultra balls.

Right now, trying to catch that poke-whore Mesprit. It took all of my balls. >:V

Am I the only one in this thread without any of those reputation points things? I guess it's true that nobody likes me.

I think I've just about shinied out Pokemon Y. Soon I'll be moving on to ORAS. I have both, but I'll probably be starting with AS. In Shuffle, I'm doing decently well in the mega charizard Y repeat competition but having a bit of a rage moment at the darkrai escalation.

• Like 1