The Pokemon Thread

SirRob

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

Only good song in Pokemon.

What do you like about it? Although, I guess I probably couldn't tell you why I like the music I do, so maybe it's not reasonable to ask.

If you like that though, you might like these other tracks from Pokemon --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owghgsl_z5o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMvQguyIRfs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av9rN8Ftq_U

Fire Island Volcano is the BEST

I've actually picked up Super Mystery Dungeon again and I've been having a blast with it. After my sort-of hiatus with it, I was like, well I don't care about stockpiling my items anymore, and I don't care about the 'motivated Pokemon' nonsense, so let's just go nuts and have fun. Even with all the time I've put into the game (I think maybe 80 hours?), there's still like a generation's worth of Pokemon I still have to connect with.

58 minutes ago, SirRob said:

What do you like about it? Although, I guess I probably couldn't tell you why I like the music I do, so maybe it's not reasonable to ask.

If you like that though, you might like these other tracks from Pokemon --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owghgsl_z5o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMvQguyIRfs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av9rN8Ftq_U

48 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

Don't worry, I was just joking, guys. :y 

I don't care about Pokemon music. Just Goodra. And Skyla.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Rotom. It's a nice touch.

It says "A new way for people and Pokemon to communicate". Perhaps the Pokedex tells us what Pokemon are thinking and feeling? Who knows?

I was kinda hoping we'd see the antagonists. But ah well. At least we got something

Maybe we did see the antagonists, Dingo. HMHMMMMM??!?!!?

That map is absolutely stunning. Lots of neat rock formations and I can see an ice mountain, too. The Pokemon League looks like it'd be in that bottom left island; maybe that whole island is Victory Road?

15 minutes ago, SirRob said:

Maybe we did see the antagonists, Dingo. HMHMMMMM??!?!!?

That map is absolutely stunning. Lots of neat rock formations and I can see an ice mountain, too. The Pokemon League looks like it'd be in that bottom left island; maybe that whole island is Victory Road?

That sounds like a possibility.  I am also seeing some parts of the map covered in clouds.  It got me thinking that there may be something hidden there. 

4 hours ago, yell0wf0x said:

That sounds like a possibility.  I am also seeing some parts of the map covered in clouds.  It got me thinking that there may be something hidden there. 

I bet it's Gutsman's ass

I heard that pokemon's creator stated that he wanted to include a translation for Pokemon cries into human speak for XY but it of course didn't make it. That and the npcs in previous games mentioned working on a device that allows communication with Pokemon, really makes me think this Gen will have something to do with it (especially with Rotom being able to talk).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Battlechili said:

I really do like that this region is water oriented; Hoenn was such a wonderful region to explore, and if this is anything like that it'll be quite a treat!

My guess is that it's kind of an illusion. You'll probably use a boat to get from island to island early-game and then won't have any way of surfing down some of the routes late-game, just because of how many people hated Hoenn's water routes - Game Freak probably took note of that and cut a whole bunch of em out. That's my guess anyway.

I probably should have posted here sooner.

I've been following again since X and Y came out, previously only played the first two generations so there are a lot of fuckers in between that are still basically new to me. That said I've been getting back into the swing of these games for the last few years and I probably do spend a decent amount of time on them. Few hours a week or so, longer if I'm actually trying to do something specific.

Lately I've just been super training and building teams. I'm not competitive minded so they're no OP teams or anything, but I still like to see how they fare. My code is 2637-9679-0461. Give me a nudge here if you add me, otherwise I might not notice.

My favourite is Mienshao. -w-

49 minutes ago, FlynnCoyote said:

I probably should have posted here sooner.

I've been following again since X and Y came out, previously only played the first two generations so there are a lot of fuckers in between that are still basically new to me. That said I've been getting back into the swing of these games for the last few years and I probably do spend a decent amount of time on them. Few hours a week or so, longer if I'm actually trying to do something specific.

Lately I've just been super training and building teams. I'm not competitive minded so they're no OP teams or anything, but I still like to see how they fare. My code is 2637-9679-0461. Give me a nudge here if you add me, otherwise I might not notice.

My favourite is Mienshao. -w-

I'll battle you if you like. I only have pokemon x and I don't use super competitive pokemon on my team~ just my favorites, but if you want to have a row of it hit me up. <; Added ya.

My code: 1392-6533-3652

• Like 1

If anyone's still up for a battle, I'll give it a go! I don't have the most amazing team in the world and don't really play regularly competitively but I can still hold my own I think!

0834-2285-4249

• Like 1

I can battle you today when I get home, if you're still up for it. Would 1pm est be okay?

Edit: I just got home, and I plan to be home for the day. I'll be here so whenever you respond I'll probably get back to you within half an hour.

7 hours ago, Wax said:

If anyone's still up for a battle, I'll give it a go! I don't have the most amazing team in the world and don't really play regularly competitively but I can still hold my own I think!

0834-2285-4249

Heeeyy

I added you

Add me back and we can be friends or battle or whatever

1977-0255-2764

6 hours ago, XoPachi said:

I sometimes forget there was a base N64 model, because I've had this garish thing my whole life.

That's... that's hideous

Can you imagine playing like, Golden Eye on that thing

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

Isn't that the one that came with the Hey You! Pikachu! game? That was last game I bought for n64 before my dog ruined it. Lol

My brother got his with Pokemon Snap. I wanted one of the kool translucent ones, but nooo. Didn't help with the whole 'Nintendo is for kids' thing.

CoroCoro showed us new pokemon, you guys

They're really cool, you guys

http://www.serebii.net/news/2016/11-June-2016.shtml

I like Gen 7 a lot, you guys

There does seem to be a kind of theme amongst pokemon this Gen.

I think it's that the basic pokemon are rounder and all have unusual facial expressions, but I'm not sure

EDIT: Shit I'm late

Sweet, a ninja looking cyborg dog thing that transforms into the Pokemegazord!

I'm guessing most people in this thread already have a 3DS, but for those who don't will this make you buy one? I am tempted, it'd be nice to trade and battle with you lovely people. Though I said that with XY and chickened out quick enough :c

7 minutes ago, Sourdough said:

There is a lot of stuff I did not know about Zygarde.

The one thing people don't know about him that's actually most important is that he's the only cool legendary and best thing from Pokemon X, second to Furfrou Default.

Only use for this worthless feature.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sourdough said:

Sweet, a ninja looking cyborg dog thing that transforms into the Pokemegazord!

I'm guessing most people in this thread already have a 3DS, but for those who don't will this make you buy one? I am tempted, it'd be nice to trade and battle with you lovely people. Though I said that with XY and chickened out quick enough :c

I'd play with you <3

3DS original consoles are now retailed really cheap because there are so many other updated models. They go for like, £65 new, which is about 93 dollars

• Like 1