Who's ready for the Battlefront beta?

Okay, so.

I was not expecting this beta to be so fun. This plays more than like just a Battlefield clone.

Yeah it doesn't feel like a battlefield game, mainly because I can actually fly air vehicles without instantly crashing. 

Am the only one who has a feeling of complete terror as an enemy hero slowly moves towards you as you desperately try to gun them down with your allies?

Yeah it doesn't feel like a battlefield game, mainly because I can actually fly air vehicles without instantly crashing. 

Am the only one who has a feeling of complete terror as an enemy hero slowly moves towards you as you desperately try to gun them down with your allies?

I abuse the sprint key like a motherfucker. :3c

I've been playing kind of like I would in Call of Duty, running around really quickly and blasting people without aiming. It's very fun, my very first match I scored a 17-13 and I was very proud of myself. 

I abuse the sprint key like a motherfucker. :3c

I've been playing kind of like I would in Call of Duty, running around really quickly and blasting people without aiming. It's very fun, my very first match I scored a 17-13 and I was very proud of myself. 

Ya know i think in the options menu you can set it to auto sprint whenever you move, not sure if you knew about it or not. Personally I like sneaking around the actual battle and being that guy that comes from nowhere and kills a bunch of unsuspecting players.

Ya know i think in the options menu you can set it to auto sprint whenever you move, not sure if you knew about it or not. Personally I like sneaking around the actual battle and being that guy that comes from nowhere and kills a bunch of unsuspecting players.

I like being able to stop sprinting as go to a slow walk on a whim.

Whoever decided that Left Shift should be the sprint button in FPS's should be elected President.

• Like 1

After seeing the old alpha footage for Battlefront 3 before its cancellation and seeing what watered-down horseshit the new one looks like, I'm steering clear of it.

Shame, because I had tons of fun with that series.

I have hard time understanding this comment. Every drip we saw of the canceled version, it looked raw as fuck (obviously) and tbh, awful.  How this is 'dumbed down', I haven't a clue. Please explain.

What we have now looks and sounds like Star wars, and judging from gameplay footage it looks like a good continuation for the Battlefront saga.

I have hard time understanding this comment. Every drip we saw of the canceled version, it looked raw as fuck (obviously) and tbh, awful.  How this is 'dumbed down', I haven't a clue. Please explain.

What we have now looks and sounds like Star wars, and judging from gameplay footage it looks like a good continuation for the Battlefront saga.

tons of cut content, for example

the devs somehow decided (and literally said) that space battles weren't in the spirit of star wars

i mean what

Played a little bit on PC last night. 

Looks gorgeous on my GTX 770 with most of the settings on ultra except for textures and shadows which are on high. Running at a butter smooth 60 fps. It's really well optimised.

As for gameplay, the Imperials are OP as shit right now. xD At least with the beta content anyway. It's impossible to tell if the balance gets better in the late game. I wouldn't be surprised if they nerf imperial before release. 

Well, given the fact that everyone is so damn positive about it, I'm going to give it a try on PC since I imagine my experience was a bit hampered on PS4. 

On a side note, are there are any hints about maps like Tantive IV returning? I'd love some close quarters combat, classic Star Wars style.

I expected to go into this game hating it and it ruining my good memories of star wars battlefront, I even tried to hate it. But I love the game already and when I buy it I'll have no money... Ea has made me hate them less.

So I have a big complaint with this game so far. I remember reading an article a couple months back about there being now "Browse Server" option. This is bad, cause I remember in Battlefield 4 if you just quick played a game, chances are you'd get into a server that was either out of your region or didn't have good connection. That would end up making your game skip and lag.

This is what happened to one of my games this morning

This never happened at all last night but its being doing it a lot now. Anyone else getting this?

I played the beta for a little while and then little my roommate play it. I like it and it seems a lot better than people thought it would be, but its unfortunately a bit difficult to discern from Call of Duty multiplayer with a Star Wars skin.

Its also not entirely well balanced. Normal blasters do too little damage, taking way too much time to kill an enemy unless you're aiming at their heads, and AT-AT's are overpowered, making the Hoth battle feel really one-sided. You also have to spend some time leveling up to get good weapons, giving players who've played the game more advantage over players who haven't. Flying ships are also bonuses you find throughout the map rather than just being on the map as vehicles you can get in and then fly. Its more like CoD in how you can switch to a helicopter mode after getting enough kills, only you don't actually need to kill anything to get the bonus. You just have to get lucky in finding one on the map. But like I said, while these are all complaints its reskinned enough to where it feels somewhat fresh and interesting and can hold one's attention for at least a little while. I like it, but it could be better.

Okay, now that I've decided to play a little bit more of it, my initial impression was overruled. I don't think I'll spend a full $60 on it, but half or even a quarter off? Maybe. 

As mentioned, there are balance issues. But it feels bloody awesome to run in the trenches, blaster fire around you. They need to nerf the shit out of the DH-17, though.